Thread: Disc vs holydin

Deleted

Disc vs holydin

Im having alot of discussions atm and wanna hear more ppl on this subjekt. Im thinking what are U using as a tank / raid healer most of the time out of the 2 and which is best. Atm im mostly intrested in one tank fights with the raid stacked up in one or two positions say atramedes HC. Which would be the more efficent tank healer her?

Im thinking disc is the better choise as im acctualy wondering if the healing done from the holy paladin when the raid is mostly stacked in one spot. In this situation I feel that disc would be stronger on the tank and holydin would be able to use raidiance on the whole group. Anyone got any more thoughts on this outside of the WOTLK mindset that palas are the given tank healer which seems to be the most basic of thoughts. Of course the pally beacon would be at the tank.

Thankfull for al thoughts.

/R

hmmm, only having one tank to heal, eliminates quite a bit of the pallys advantage in tankhealing (beacon often accounts to a good 30% of healing). If theres only one tank, he will probably be more of a supporthealer (healing raid and spot dmg with beacon on MT, but still MT of course) in this perticular situation (and depending on what 3rd healer you have) it is probably wiser to let the disc do the "main" MT healing.

and things have changed since wotlk, pally is not the one and only tankhealer. disc has become very strong (well actually, wasn't that bad in wotlk in the first place) and even Holy priests can put out ver nice hps rolling renew on 2-3 tanks with PoM bouncing etc.
    and given that all healers have recieved similar spells
    (long cast, low manacost, good hpm, low hps / long cast, high mana, nearly as good hpm, moderate hps / short cast, high mana, high hps but low hpm / Hots / some sort of AoE healing)
    every healer can do basic MT or Raid healing nowadays.

We have a Paly, Priest, Schaman setup in our 10m.
    Normally Pala is on tanks , me (Priest) as Holy on grp, and Schamy as support (raid, spot and tankheal)
    Othertimes i play disc, then its more a pally+me on tank, and all on grp (chaos style)
    acutally very often occurs that the we all have to help eachother out (during high AoE dmg all heal AoE, in between all heal tanks)
    its quite different to wotlk where your job was much more "set" and "binding"

but the best thing to do is: try it out, you will soon see how it works out best for you.

greez Edi

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your holydin is specced into Tower of Radiance, putting him on the raid is actually a disadvantage to him since he can't generate Holy Power that way. I usually heal the tanks, and then support heal the raid via things like Holy Radiance (it's not a channel, so I can HR and then just keep healing the tank).

Disc and hpally are equally capable, don't get me wrong, it's just that hpally has a gimmick that makes them more efficient if they can tank heal in single-tank fights.

Deleted
    Thx for that wasnt aware of the tower talent that made a bit of a new perspective for me.
    And im thinking abit for both 10 and 25 man here .
    Can both healers keep up alone through say atra HC disc with beacon help and say som hot help for the pally? Havent tank healed this yet so not sure on it hence the questions .