Poll: Whos dirtier?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[NHL] Matt Cookie vs. Sean Avery

Who do you dislike more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaline View Post
    BAH! we cannot intrust the Kingdom of stormwind to a priest! there are children in the city

Matt Cooke is hands down the dirtiest player in the league. The new head shot rule is because of him and yet he continues to go for those hits. Sean Avery is a pretty big douche too, but I loathe Cooke. I forgot who got a head shot in on Cooke this year, but I was laughing my ass off when it happened. A taste of his own medicine.

There is a difference between them, Sean Avery talks most of the time while Cooke make dirty hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about James Wisniewski? He's a real bastard too. And Ovechkin. And Bertuzzi. And Pronger. And everyone else on Philadelphia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would go with Avery given the two choices. Ovechkin isn't hated, at least not around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not hated of course. Ovechkin is a world class player in terms of skill. I'm just thinking of dirty and cheap players and he comes to mind as one of them.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I would go with Avery given the two choices. Ovechkin isn't hated, at least not around here.
    If you had a choice of any player in the league, who would you hate the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    What about James Wisniewski? He's a real bastard too. And Ovechkin. And Bertuzzi. And Pronger. And everyone else on Philadelphia.
    Rutuu while you're at it. or is it ruutu? or roooooootyou?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruins fan here. That should be enough to tell you who I voted for. He ruined my favorite players career. The guy deserves to get kicked out of the league (not just for what he did to savard) and its just a matter of time before he gets a taste of his own damaging medicine.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I voted for Cooke. If I had the choice, I would have voted for Chris Pronger.

Screening Goalies, yeah that's bad. Firing pucks at peoples heads? That's worse. But Pronger constantly stealing game pucks for his own selfish collection? That's just a prick move.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that hit the Cookie put on Savard...dirty.

Avery is just a douche lol

Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-03-01 at 10:17 AM. Reason: More Sean Avery=Retardage

Meh, i've seen worse hits!

The Avery "screen" is one which is difficult though, not within the spirit of the game but unfortunately the spirit of the game isn't the written law & sportsmanship is a perception - where do you call the line between effectively putting someone off & doing it in a manner which can be considered a foul? He didn't touch him, didn't encroach on the crease & should have been put on his ass by someone - i know if that happened over here in a pickup game of football the person doing all that shit would earn himself a trip to planet earth & continued passage there any time he got the ball! I'm not excusing it - but in a sport like hockey where retaliatory moves are to an extent "legal" it could have been dealt with on the ice rather than having to go through the rulebook, a guy like Avery is a pussy, hit him hard & fair a few times, maybe rough him up in a fight and you'll find he'll run away like a bitch and won't do it again in a hurry in order to avoid a repeat!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Matt Cooke plays HARD day in and day out.

He blurs the line of dirty, but he's not.

I'm a big fan of Matt Cooke. I have his jersey.

EDIT: I don't think either of those guys are the dirtiest player. I'd really have to think about it. Ovechkin would be on my list, because that guy is a knee-on-knee artist.

Quote Originally Posted by aetti morkna View Post
    Matt Cooke plays HARD day in and day out.

He blurs the line of dirty, but he's not.

I'm a big fan of Matt Cooke. I have his jersey.

EDIT: I don't think either of those guys are the dirtiest player. I'd really have to think about it. Ovechkin would be on my list, because that guy is a knee-on-knee artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l17lAuZdaI who's the dirty player in this one then huh?

leading with the KNEE

On top of that Mr. Hockey himself speaks up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2n...eature=related
    Last edited by omgooses; 2011-03-01 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cooke was going in for a hip check, and Ovechkin tried to cut inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aetti morkna View Post
    Cooke was going in for a hip check, and Ovechkin tried to cut inside.
    I laughed

pronger is a good one but at least he is someone you love to hate, and watching big buff crush him in game 5 will be forever etched in my brain. My most hated player is probably adam burrows of the cannucks. he tries to pick on all the guys littler than him but wants no part of guys his own size. and ive seen smaller guys beat his ass anyway. ive seen him pull hair and punch people in the back of the head that are already tied up. definition of a bitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    pronger is a good one but at least he is someone you love to hate, and watching big buff crush him in game 5 will be forever etched in my brain. My most hated player is probably adam burrows of the cannucks. he tries to pick on all the guys littler than him but wants no part of guys his own size. and ive seen smaller guys beat his ass anyway. ive seen him pull hair and punch people in the back of the head that are already tied up. definition of a bitch
    Do you mean Alex Burrows? Yeah he's a little bit dirty, but no more than Ryan Kesler or that dipshit Rick Rypien who got suspended earlier this year for getting physical with a fan. Overall they aren't a dirty team though. I'll tell you who is - the entire fucking Detroit Red Wings.

After tonight, I'd say Trevor Gillies should be up there too. Just got back from that 9 game suspension and throws another head hit. He's got a sweet sweet 'stache though.

Quote Originally Posted by omgooses View Post

who's the dirty player in this one then huh?

leading with the KNEE

On top of that Mr. Hockey himself speaks up

fixed it for you sir

can anyone find the clip of Cooke getting some of his own medicine?
    seem to remem someone giving his head a lovetap earlier this season

theres a guy in the aussie soccer league called Kevin Muscat who is as dirty as Cooke
    hes destroyed more than a few careers by aiming for max dmg tackles and causing permanent injuries
    scum like this need someone to injure them exactly the same as they do to others
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-03-03 at 01:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don Cherry needs to replace Gary Bettman. Plain and Simple.