Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World First completed!?!

if someone thinks they have a world first of something, would a Gm be able to validate that?

Such as 100% completed archeology?

If I got all 26 rares, would a Gm be able to tell/willing to tell me if i was a world first?

I understand this sounds like a massive ego move.

I have spent about 20 game days farming 26/26 rares.

If it is possible for a Gm to let me know I was world first, or even server first, would you guys let me know? thank you everyone
    Last edited by morpsend; 2011-02-26 at 01:40 PM.

also would anyone be willing to check if i am the worlds first person to acquire my 346 mail leggings from Lost City after running the place 22 times over a span of 17 days while winning atleast 7 of the prior drops before the actual leggings appeared, also, i would also like you to check to make sure how many of those people immediately enchanted them upon looting the said leggings

sorry this is just a bitching response, but i feel like i should be awarded for my vast amount of wasted time on items, even if no one will ever recognize me as "That guy that got those sweet 346 leggings from Lost City after 22 runs and winning 7 of the rolls prior to the actual leggings drop, and also he enchanted them immediately upon looting."

BTW IM NOT HERE TO BRAG OR ANYTHING, I JUST WANNA KNO, SORRY
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    but seriously, would a gm, or a blizzard employee be willing to use the computers to confirm someone was first? server/world?
    Try posting on the official forums. You may get better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Try posting on the official forums. You may get better results.
    I appologize, i already posted on forums, no relies yet.

I sent a GM post to them, and got 67 hours later, and got a standard reply: "Thank you for contacting blizzard, we appologize, but your question does not meet out standard for "give a fuck about"...((I am paraphrasing))..you guys understand,,,

I am just bitching, and there is nothing that can be done i as far as Gm/wow posts are concerned.

I trust you guys more then the massive amount of trash troll posts on wow-forums.

I've had a post up for a week. ((you guys speak non-punch-self-in-face-when-asked-a-question-responses))

I have a serious question for mmo-champion.com:

I litterally am steps away from away a world first. I have spent +400 hours on this. I want to know if any of you members in mmo- know if there is anything i can do to validate my world first.

suggestions so far:
    -screen shot archy with rare up
    -screen shot calender with date and time with the profession window up
    -screenshot with the macro:

/run local g,a,n,c,r=GetArtifactInfoByRace for x=1,9 do r,a,n,c=0,0,GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x),GetNumArtifactsByRace(x)for y=1,c do a=a+select(9,g(x,y))r=r+select(3,g(x,y))end print(n..': '..c..' (rare: '..r..' solved: '..a..')')end

posted in the window with current "26th rare" up

... I have 21 game days involved into becoming the world first 100% complete

We'll all have to deal with the 50 people who reply "Screw you i got it 9 months ago!" "I got it 2 days before! suck it", "you are such a huge nerd, go get a girlfriend/boyfriend/life"

Just wondering if I get complete this grind soon, is there anyway i would even be able to know if I was server first/world first?

I have a second GM open ticket, but i expect they will tell me they will not be able to help me.

Am i just ranting? anyone have any ideas? ((get a life nerd!...comments need not reply))
    Last edited by morpsend; 2011-02-26 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    Am i just ranting? anyone have any ideas? ((get a life nerd!...comments need not reply))
    I can't think of a way to be certain.

My suggestion: beg Blizzard to add an achievement or a feat of strength for getting all 26. I even have a title: "Professor Emeritus."

OK, SORRY. going back to another 100 hours of farming the last 2 rares... I appologize...

if 1 of you has a worthless "archeology sucks" post in the next week, i promise i will read it.. you have my word.

ok.. update in 3 days,.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    I can't think of a way to be certain.

My suggestion: beg Blizzard to add an achievement or a feat of strength for getting all 26. I even have a title: "Professor Emeritus."
    My idea was "Jones"

Achievement for getting all rares.

"Arlor Jones" looks awesome doesn't it?

These world first posts need to stop. Literally NOBODY but you cares if you are the first to do something so insignificant I could be world first by leveling a character 1-85 with my monitor turned upside down and only a ring equipped, and not a single person out there would give a shit.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicium View Post
    These world first posts need to stop. Literally NOBODY but you cares if you are the first to do something so insignificant I could be world first by leveling a character 1-85 with my monitor turned upside down and only a ring equipped, and not a single person out there would give a shit.
    ...he was just asking for his own personal reasons. Relax.

This shit was botted 2 or 3 weeks into the expansion and done. Sorry if it has been over two or 3 weeks after something came out in wow. It every going to be a world first.

10 bucks says someone has done that.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

i have 23 rares and roughly around the same amount of solves as you and i feel ur pain my friends make fun of me because all i do is arch but iv only gotten all these from farming vial of sands in kalimdor and farming the dwarf staff which i havent gotten yet (just under 200 solves lol)but yea ur the farthest iv heard of but im not far behind haha. btw are reduce fargments needed stones for all races super overpriced on ur server for instance the dwarf rune stones on myn are 400 each.......

How can I say this without sounding offensive, well...no one cares, the GM's won't care either and tbh this is simply just attention whoring, the only attention you'll be getting is from the few posts to this topic about how stupid it is to bother making a thread like this. Then there'll be a few people saying "Don't bother with the trolls." Because telling the truth is of course being a troll nowadays.

TL;DR:
    HERPADERP.

I am sorry everyone, the tone of this thread was low at the start. NO one reply to this thread.

Lets close the thread.

My appologies.

lol'd. everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame though. even at something like wow... :\
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the world's first Jin'do the Godbreaker; true story.

Well, there is a priest on my server named Eska who has had The Professor title for a good couple of weeks now, so I would say you aren't first

I think the reply you already received sums it up.
    There is this obsession with trying to attribute personal achievements to world firsts because of a players inability to participate in those which most people recognise.
    Yes that is quite a feat, but not worthy of a world first.
    It is a grind, and subject to rng as opposed to skill.
    When archeology requires a real skill then maybe you can try to make some claim that it is worthy of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    ...he was just asking for his own personal reasons. Relax.
    hanners! but back to the topic, the world first "professor" is serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Hean View Post
    How can I say this without sounding offensive, well...no one cares, the GM's won't care either and tbh this is simply just attention whoring, the only attention you'll be getting is from the few posts to this topic about how stupid it is to bother making a thread like this. Then there'll be a few people saying "Don't bother with the trolls." Because telling the truth is of course being a troll nowadays.

TL;DR:
    HERPADERP.
    Says the guy with his warcraft pet collection in his sig

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    Well, there is a priest on my server named Eska who has had The Professor title for a good couple of weeks now, so I would say you aren't first
    A lot of people have Professor, only means they have 20/26, OP is asking about 26/26.