Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto Druid PvP QQ

I play Disc/Sub for 2s (i'm the sub) so it's a viable comp. but we have a problem.

Every single time we get a resto druid team that is even remotely sane, i am almost completely removed from the fight via cyclone/roots/fact that you can't keep a resto druid locked down for more then the duration of a stun.

With the changes to damage in cata, we can't just kill you in a stun like we used to, and if my priest is being attacked by their dps (DOESNT MATTER WHICH CLASS) he cant get to the druid in time to keep him from full on innervating and i sure as shit can't since 4/10 of the fight im in a tornado, 4/10 im in a bush, and the rest of the fight im working my ass off to catch back up to the druid cuz he just cycloned me after shadow step.

How do we kill you?

Deleted
    Huh. Can't your partner dispel the roots?

Quote Originally Posted by Greivence View Post
    I play Disc/Sub for 2s (i'm the sub) so it's a viable comp. but we have a problem.

Every single time we get a resto druid team that is even remotely sane, i am almost completely removed from the fight via cyclone/roots/fact that you can't keep a resto druid locked down for more then the duration of a stun.

With the changes to damage in cata, we can't just kill you in a stun like we used to, and if my priest is being attacked by their dps (DOESNT MATTER WHICH CLASS) he cant get to the druid in time to keep him from full on innervating and i sure as shit can't since 4/10 of the fight im in a tornado, 4/10 im in a bush, and the rest of the fight im working my ass off to catch back up to the druid cuz he just cycloned me after shadow step.

How do we kill you?
    TBH I think it's easier for rogues to kill us now than it was in Wotlk... Don't forget that healing was drastically gimped in cata as well.

A rogue can easily control me for a bit with cheap shot, kidney shot, kick, and gouge. Try stunning the druid in place so your priest has time to dispel their innervates. And don't forget to interrupt our casts.

Also another important tool... MANA BURN
    Last edited by late; 2011-02-26 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    l2: kick, gouge, insignia, clos, vanish, blind & cloud. did i forget something? there is more then just 1 stun in the rogues box of controltools

your disc also has to learn his class i guess

Well.. you could kill the dps??? That keeps them off your healer, who can then use mana burn freely.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Huh. Can't your partner dispel the roots?
    Root cannot be dispelled

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by late View Post
    TBH I think it's easier for rogues to kill us now than it was in Wotlk... Don't forget that healing was drastically gimped in cata as well.

A rogue can easily control me for a bit with cheap shot, kidney shot, kick, and gouge. Try stunning the druid in place so your priest has time to dispel their innervates. And don't forget to interrupt our casts.

Couldn't dispell innervate because my healer (PRIEST) was being locked down by their rogue and couldn't get to the pillar the druid was behind (nagrand arena) in time to dispell.
    Also another important tool... MANA BURN
    We were in nagrand every time and it was mut/resto vs disc/sub. My healer mana burned him oom 3 times in this fight, stunning him in place happened every 20seconds, the problem is that rogues damage output is not high enough to kill someone during a stun, especially now that they are all on a DR with each other

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    l2: kick, gouge, insignia, clos, vanish, blind & cloud. did i forget something? there is more then just 1 stun in the rogues box of controltools

your disc also has to learn his class i guess
    Your ignorant. Druids are able to keep me locked in place out of the fight and forcing me to blow cooldowns for 16 seconds at a time, then they run for 4 (i can shadowstep and hit them for ~5 seconds) then the DR's refresh and it starts over. I can't kill someone with 4k resil in 5seconds.

My disc priest was doing fine, considering the druid went oom 3 times and he didnt go oom at all the entire fight, it was a 56 minute fight that we eventually left because we were loosing to a couple of retards.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Well.. you could kill the dps??? That keeps them off your healer, who can then use mana burn freely.... hmmmmmmmmmmm
    You didn't read my post.... the resto druids ability to lock me in 1 spot completely (COMPLETELY) removes me from the fight for 15seconds at a time unless i chain all my cooldowns, and then it only removes me for 8. Assuming i don't get blinded or stunned by the rogue as well. Or the druid doesn't go bear and charge me. Or warstomp me.

Root cannot be dispelled
    Yes it can.

Sounds like your priest needs to learn his class a bit more..
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-02-26 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Agreed.
    Sounds like a L2P issue to me. Either that or the druid outgeared you significantly and was covered from head to toe in hots, in which case ... yeah L2dispell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Yes it can.

How interesting.... thank you. Being on nagrand arena pretty thoroughly fucked us i believe.

Deleted
    You didn't read my post.... the resto druids ability to lock me in 1 spot completely (COMPLETELY) removes me from the fight for 15seconds at a time unless i chain all my cooldowns, and then it only removes me for 8. Assuming i don't get blinded or stunned by the rogue as well. Or the druid doesn't go bear and charge me. Or warstomp me.
    As has been said, Entangling Roots (And Nature's Grasp) are both Magic and can be dispelled with a baseline Dispel Magic available to all priest specs. ER is also a 1.7s cast (reduced by a glyph that no-one uses to 1.5s) and can be avoided/interrupted.

This negates every ability that the resto druid has to root or snare you, which only leaves Cyclone .. that's a 6 second banish that suffers from diminishing returns.

A Resto druid can't go bear and feral charge you; it's a 3rd tier talent in the Feral tree and is not available to them. They can go bear and Bash you (1 min cooldown, stuns for 4 seconds) and yes a Tauren druid can War Stomp (2 min cooldown, stuns for 2 seconds).

If you were getting locked down in that fight, then it was by the opposing rogue and/or by your partner failing to dispel appropriately.
    Last edited by mmoc6031c9b2d0; 2011-02-26 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't being dispelled of Roots in the fight which negated my ability to interupt his roots cast :| And he was instant casting cyclone whenever i was in melee ranged. I do think he was doing only bash in bear form as you stated though.

Basically i need my priest to dispel more efficiently. Thank you for the feedback.

No all the above posters are WRONG, even with mana burn the rogues damage output isnt enough to kill a resto druid even with the priest helping with dps, there is one ability that makes its extreamly op.

Its revitalize

Lets look at the stats, 1% mana so in full pvp gear a resto druid might have 100k mana?
    so they gain 1% mana every 10s from that talent alone gain 1k mana then maybe have 1800 combat regen so they gain every 5 sec enough for two life bloom casts ,
    now lets look at the 2nd part of the spell when ever you heal with lifebloom you gain 1% mana back so another 1k every 12s

You cant dispel the lifebloom because it will hurt more than help
    by healing the druid more in the long run and running the priest OOM himself

Now you say to use mana burn lets see here they gain 1800 mana per 5 so every 5 secconds they gain 1800 mana
    lifebloom's cost is 1305 mana at 85 so the resto druid your fighting would have to be under 1300 mana per 5 to make any sort of difference.
    but since most dont have that low of a Mp5 value you would have to land a perfect mana burn extactly at the time were they have enough mana for lifebloom.

Now this is only possible if their team mate is terrible which if the druid actually CC's makes me think that they arn't. so getting mana burns isnt easy or the druid is losing you.

So theres a ton of mana "ticks" back
    enough to heal threw any of the damage a rogue can do + keep him CC'd while the dps sits on the priest pealing for the druid

in conclusion resto + anything vs rogue + priest , if both teams are good no one will win plain and simple
    Last edited by makominami; 2011-02-26 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Nature's Swiftness has a 3 min CD.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=16188/natures-swiftness

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 01:12 PM ----------

You say all this and yet you call the guys beating you the retards? Interesting...
    Let me rephrase then since apparently a troll joined discussion. When their mutilate rogue blows vendetta on cooldown on the target he's not fighting so that i can't stealth instead of just having the druid faerie fire me their ROGUE was retarded. Their druid was really good. Also, if you had read the rest of the posts after the one you quoted you would have realized your post has been has no place here as all your doing is being annoying and restating things that have been said in ways that are not implied to be insulting. But i do appreciate you giving me someone to troll.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by makominami View Post
    No all the above posters are WRONG, even with mana burn the rogues damage output isnt enough to kill a resto druid even with the priest helping with dps, there is one ability that makes its extreamly op.

Its revitalize

Lets look at the stats, 1% mana so in full pvp gear a resto druid might have 100k mana?
    so they gain 1% mana every 10s from that talent alone gain 1k mana then maybe have 1800 combat regen so they gain every 5 sec enough for two life bloom casts ,
    now lets look at the 2nd part of the spell when ever you heal with lifebloom you gain 1% mana back so another 1k every 12s

You cant dispel the lifebloom because it will hurt more than help

Now you say to use mana burn lets see here they gain 1800 mana per 5 so every 5 secconds they gain 1800 mana
    lifebloom's cost is 1305 mana at 85 so the resto druid your fighting would have to be under 1300 mana per 5 to make any sort of difference.
    but since most arn't you would have to land a perfect mana burn extactly at the time were they have enough mana for lifebloom.

Now this is only possible if their team mate isnt terrible. so getting mana burns isnt easy or the druid is losing you.
    So theres a ton of mana "ticks" back
    enough to heal threw any of the damage a rogue can do + keep him CC
    Most of your post is correct, but because i run sub i can tear him up if im able to be on him for 7seconds solid. I can drop him from 100% to 40~% during a shadow dance, the problem is that as soon as its over i just get kited assuming i dont just get CCd in the middle of it. Ill talk to my priest tonight about us running some BGs and getting better at dispelling. I am appreciating the constructive feedback from most of you all, I've already made a few changed to my playstyle vs resto druid comps.

Why sit on healers. got for his DPS, and CC him. switch when he has no dots, kick/gouge/blind/vanish-agrrote-kidney.

Basically rogue is a clutch class, get clutching!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Why sit on healers. got for his DPS, and CC him. switch when he has no dots, kick/gouge/blind/vanish-agrrote-kidney.

Basically rogue is a clutch class, get clutching!
    Have you ever tried to CC a resto druid as rogue priest VS ROGUE druid? its a little hard to kill a rogue that doesnt want to die.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Why bother with this guy? He and his Priest are ignorant to both their own classes as well as other classes, and yet he's going around calling everyone else 'retard', etc.

Pity is the appropriate response.
    ^ is still trolling and loving his sub 2k rating

I'ma keep it short and remind you that your burst is insane as a Sub Rogue, but it appears you know that.

You don't need 100% uptime on a Druid, EVER. You need to play it smart, watch the Druid HoT's... play lightly on him and wait until he makes a mistake. When you see "Lifebloom - 5s" "Rejuv - 10s"... then you call out for a Pyscic Scream.. let the fear run full, the Druid is now NAKED of HoT's.. Get a Sap/Blind off on the Druids partner, allowing you to go full nuke. Pop shadowdance, tell your Priest to MASH his dispell button, both offensively and defensively.. and watch the Druids health drop like a truck. Druids are extremely vulnerable to Burst if you play it right.

If this doesn't work, (you're running 2v2 Healer/DPS... you can have multiple goes at getting someone down due to the longevity of the fight), play lightly on a DPS... wait until the Druid puts his lifeblooms on his partner, then hardswap to the Druid while he's HoTless.

It appears you either don't have much experience against Resto Druids, or you've not hit high-ish arena ratings before, but either way, you need to start playing smart. It'll take a little getting used too, but literally, just save all your cooldowns for when he's left his HoT's with <10s left, get some CC on him so he can't refresh them, then nuke him in Shadowdance. He'll likely Tree of Life the first go, and spam Regrowth.. there isn't much you can do against that. But try and try again.

Hope I was some sort of help.. giving a viable tactic instead of just saying "l2p issue l0lz". Good luck :>

@grievance , i found recently a good way to kill resto + dps as rogue + priest is get them slacking . As the priest you lure the dps away and start to dps them down with dots, while the rogue dps' the druid across the arena, and when the CC Cds are right then get a kill on the dps , since he/she will be roughly around 40%

This means smoke bomb, blind, etc.

Deleted
    ^ is still trolling and loving his sub 2k rating
    Says the rogue who thinks druid roots cant be dispeled and druids can spam instant cyclones.

First of all, pvp isnt balanced around 1v1 and 2v2

secondly, your calling everyone out on their stuff, while you don't even remotely know what the hell you or your partner does or is suppose to do...
    This is such an incredibly L2P issue, your partner can both dispel Faerie Fire and Roots, your partner can also Fear, Mind Control and offensivly dispell very effectivly.

You are obviously also just tunnel visioning the druid while he has hots on him, most likely not even bothering to switch between targets with synergy CC from you and your partner.

And calling people out on "sub 2k rating" i highly doubt you even have 1600 rating if you couldnt even figure out half the sh*t mentioned in this post. my god.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

15+ Year Old Account
    pick up a mage for rmp and your problem is fixed.