Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh and for the record

1. You won't get any stats before a while, unless someone at Blizzard does something incredibly stupid.
    2. There are 3 different models for this staff, the first one is just a "basic" version of the staff, the 2nd is the upgraded model that dpswhore posted, the 3rd one is the same as the 2nd but with extra light effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nah, the model was known way before that, I even posted a video.

The problem I have with this staff is the naming scheme. The letter before the number is the quality of the staff, _D_ is epic items and all the legendary items have been flagged as _E_ in the past. It could be Blizzard trying to be sneaky about it, I don't know.

I'm still working to get correct shots and data on the whole thing, shouldn't take much longer.
    I hope you'll post this on the front page, will it be Screenshots or can you make one of those MMO champ vids?
    Are there any models of the other weapons, or maybe tier 12?
    Is it possible to get some information on the names of the bosses? Would've been cool to know if anyone returns, we've already seen Baron Geddon and Garr in Hyjal.
    How does datamining really work? Are there blocked content? Or just stuff hidden with names that seem unsuspicious?

Yea, when you see Boub, you gotta go for it =D

EDIT:
    Just remembered that this will be enchanted with Power torrent, so you won't be able to tell the difference between this and Chelleys staff =)
    Last edited by Hetrofi; 2011-02-26 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Oh and for the record

1. You won't get any stats before a while, unless someone at Blizzard does something incredibly stupid.
    2. There are 3 different models for this staff, the first one is just a "basic" version of the staff, the 2nd is the upgraded model that dpswhore posted, the 3rd one is the same as the 2nd but with extra light effects.
    Now lets hope someone at Blizzard does something stupid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Now lets hope someone at Blizzard does something stupid.
    Gogo Ghostcrawler!! Someone call that guy with the shirt =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Good job piecing it together!

That would explain the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveyoushi View Post
    think im top on my guilds list for getting this thing, from all of the caster dps out there, KEEP GOING XD.
    And who says it's going to be a caster DPS staff? You guys already had your time in the sun, I think it's time for a feral/hunter staff now.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    And who says it's going to be a caster DPS staff? You guys already had your time in the sun, I think it's time for a feral/hunter staff now.
    And at the same time there has also been a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And at the same time there has also been a bow.
    Well if it's a staff, there's only three things it can be: Caster DPS, Caster Heals, and Hunter/Feral DPS. Being that we just had a Healer legendary in the last expac, I don't expect us to see one in this one.

Of course, they could go the way of Atiesh and offer several choices of itemization for all three.

Deleted
    Jesus christ man. Nice work!

This thread isn't a debate of what role the Legendary is for, anyone who has followed this in any way at all in the past knows what role its for.

Stop going off-topic! I want to see more pic's

It is gonna be a caster DPS. they announced it at blizzcon.

Well if it's a staff, there's only three things it can be: Caster DPS, Caster Heals, and Hunter/Feral DPS. Being that we just had a Healer legendary in the last expac, I don't expect us to see one in this one.

Of course, they could go the way of Atiesh and offer several choices of itemization for all three.
    It would actually be quite neat if they repeated that.

Quote Originally Posted by lukehop1 View Post
    It is gonna be a caster DPS. they announced it at blizzcon.
    Got a source? If I recall correctly, they just said it was a staff, not which role is was specifically for.

Got a source? If I recall correctly, they just said it was a staff, not which role is was specifically for.
    They mentioned that the first Cataclysm legendary would be for caster DPS at Blizzcon 2009. We didn't know it was a staff until Blizzcon 2010.

Are we going to see another caster legendary weapon that isn't a mace?
    - Metzen: What do you want? What would make you happy?
    - A big stick.
    - Metzen: A Staff, it's coming!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...and-Lore-Panel

Could you stop going off-topic now?

Front page of mmo

"Caster legendary staff"

Deleted
    The model is godawful. :<

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:36 PM ----------

Good job though.

Deleted
    Don't worry about the stats really, since they'll be absolutely the same as the top tier 2h caster weapons available. As soon as ilvl391 weapons get datamined, there's your stats on the legendary weapon.
    Legendaries are always legendary due to their proc, which is made of pure awesome and makes everyone all warm and fuzzy in private places.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    The model is godawful. :<

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 05:36 PM ----------

Good job though.
    You have to remember that it wont look exactly like that come live but very similar. It's amazing to me, but I got odd taste.