Thread: Aion free?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aion free?

Is Aion free to play now?

Soon brah.. soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. You still have to pay for the game for sure, and I think there's still a subscription fee to it monthly.

I can't find info about the subscription fee on their site atm, but it's very clear you still have to buy the game itself.

PS: I thought Blizzard was bad about the store giving you in-game items, but AION has them beat by far. lol Costumes, dye packs, weapon skins...you name it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. Why would you want to play Aion anyways? F2P isn't enough incentive to grind for months.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Ah, well i read on here in one of the posts about rift "if it sucks it'll be free in a few months like Aion is now" i didnt know if that was true or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthuhlu View Post
    Ah, well i read on here in one of the posts about rift "if it sucks it'll be free in a few months like Aion is now" i didnt know if that was true or not
    Did you really expect a comment like that to conform to silly things like reality, or... facts?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    No, it's not. Why would you want to play Aion anyways? F2P isn't enough incentive to grind for months.
    I'll agree with this. I played AION, and I enjoyed it first, but I got into the mid-to-late-20s and really started feeling the grind. It was just not fun.

Especially since you lose XP for dying and have to pay gold to earn XP again. That sucked.

Professions also cost a stupid amount to level with no real benefit. I also didn't like the extremely limited flight duration.

On the plus side, it was VERY pretty. Very very pretty.

It's not free to play, and I don't think there have been any plans to make it that way, although I could easily see that changing soon with a few potentially great MMOs on the horizon.

He/she was bullshitting. If you then read the people commenting on what they said in that thread, you'd have seen that it was a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aion does have a subscription, there was a prank pulled last year that ranks up high with google search, that makes it appear that they went the route of F2P, with an Item Mall. A CM within the discussion disproved it, and stated they had no intentions of breaking from the subscription model.

Last time I played it wasn't free (December).

I Thought I'd try it out again. The game has improved, but it's still a big grind.

"You can get a game out of Korea, but you can't get Korea out of a game"
    Want a balloon?

15+ Year Old Account
    If Aion went F2P, you would have seen it being mentioned on MMOReport, Kotaku, Giant Bomb, Massively, Joystiq, etc.

Deleted
    played aion till lvl 50 with full fenris set, problem on our server was, the pvp area (abyss) was neraly empty... only when chastle could be taken and then when 400+ people fight, the server started to lag like hell. endgame got 1 pve instance at the beginning, that was all. so basicly u searched the whole day for pvp enemies in the abyss ;=). i played a mage, was pretty op with its 4K GP casts. anyway not fun to play they game over a long time, hope titan will be good, as FPMMO. But if it comes from blizzard, it has to be.
    greetz

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Takes a week if that.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy Clown View Post
    "You can get a game out of Korea, but you can't get Korea out of a game"
    i just lol'ed IRL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it ever does become free to download and free to play, I'll only download it so I can use the character creation. The rest of the game never interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by email from Ncsoft
    Reminder: AION® EU becomes free-to-play 28 February under Gameforge license

On 28 February, 2012, AION® becomes free-to-play in Europe. After that date, NCsoft® has licensed Aion's European operation and support to Gameforge, a German company. All content will be available for free through Gameforge.
    Gameforge requests that you give it permission to move your account onto the Gameforge servers so that you can continue the adventure with your characters there. To do so, log on to your NCsoft Master Account and follow the instructions: https://secure.ncsoft.com/account.

For further information about the free to play switch go to www.aionfreetoplay.com.

Your Gameforge AION Team
    so i guess its going free to play today.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can play for free up to lvl 40, and now soon (now in EU) it will be F2P.

They have had a trial for quite a while. And now it will be Free with the 3.0 update. Playing free right now.

This was a very interesting necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    You can play for free up to lvl 40, and now soon (now in EU) it will be F2P.

They have had a trial for quite a while. And now it will be Free with the 3.0 update. Playing free right now.
    How did you transfer account?It wont let me transfer mine i dont even get link when i log into my trial account on ncsoft.