Flying over Zul Aman

There is no such thing as Zul Aman. I just flew over there on the PTR (since for some reason you can fly there).

Anyways, here is a picture from above the entrance

Update: Seems like I wrong, at least a little. The place has been moved a little further away from the gates. Got some screenshots from inside the place

Last edited by Cattack; 2011-03-01 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    ...the vital words in this post being PTR a.k.a. open andd subject to change

/thread

That's the actual world. Wouldn't you be "lazy" and only put it in as an instanced zone instead of both and instanced and a "real-world" zone like Zg?

There wasn't a reason to put ZA in and I neither see a reason to do it now. It's probably a bug that you can fly there.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Necessarius View Post
    ...the vital words in this post being PTR a.k.a. open andd subject to change

/thread
    This, basically.

you can fly over the entire Ghostlands now, but not the northend area where silvermoon is. Normally you can't fly why I fly but I found a way around it at the southern borders where you use the portal to get to the real world (real eastern kingdom). I was hoping they would let you see zul aman from above but apperently they just dumped a bunch of rocks all over the place and called it a mountain.

Also, they do have some invisible walls in the zone to prevent you from seeing things from above but its not waterproof as there are places you can get to fly around it.

You know, if you flew east some more, you'd see the actual new uninstanced version of ZA, right? I've explored around there, kinda boring, but neat.

http://i56.tinypic.com/9up8ht.jpg
    Last edited by Bareno; 2011-02-27 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattack View Post
    you can fly over the entire Ghostlands now, but not the northend area where silvermoon is. Normally you can't fly why I fly but I found a way around it at the southern borders where you use the portal to get to the real world (real eastern kingdom). I was hoping they would let you see zul aman from above but apperently they just dumped a bunch of rocks all over the place and called it a mountain.
    What should they have done? You're not supposed to see that area unless you're doing something you're not supposed to be, so there was no need to put anything there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattack View Post

Also, they do have some invisible walls in the zone to prevent you from seeing things from above but its not waterproof as there are places you can get to fly around it.
    This is why they revamped all of Azeroth. Cause by allowing flying, people would see their lack of stuff behind walls. Without flying, those places were never seen and thus needed no texturizing or attention. Same with TBC starting areas, you're not meant to fly there (maybe now with 4.1)
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Same with TBC starting areas, you're not meant to fly there (maybe now with 4.1)
    Please tell me you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    You know, if you flew east some more, you'd see the actual new uninstanced version of ZA, right? I've explored around there, kinda boring, but neat.

http://i56.tinypic.com/9up8ht.jpg
    Yeah actually I have seen it. After further searching the area I found that if you jiggle your way around some of the invisible walls you get inside Zul Aman. Looks pretty nice.

If you think about if, that area east, ZA, that area is not even on the map. If you fly over it and look on the map you can see that you are on the sea while you are infact flying over ZA

Quote Originally Posted by znope View Post
    Please tell me you're joking.
    God really, Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What should they have done? You're not supposed to see that area unless you're doing something you're not supposed to be, so there was no need to put anything there.
    It's not the case of me doing something I'm not suppose to. It's ridiculously easy to get behind the scenes. With blizzard intent to be able to fly there, they left a few spots open to explore behind the the invisible walls. Not that it matters to me but it would be wise of them to close those gaps before live