UFC vs Strikeforce Event

This is something that I would love to see. Being a huge critic of Scott Coker I wouldn't mind seeing a UFC vs Strikeforce event and see the UFC champions mow over the Strikeforce champions. Now I know this will NEVER happen but it would definitely be great to see. Sort of reminds me of 1990's WWF vs WCW discussion. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Sports Subforum

Moderator, Y U NO leave in general? Nobody views the sports page!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich8807 View Post
    Moderator, Y U NO leave in general? Nobody views the sports page!
    People that are interest in sports do. Unless you want people to troll you and say "who cares?", either way.. keep it on topic.

Lol Strikeforce would NEVER agree. It would be killing themselves and losing millions and millions of dollars. I would like to see it though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about strikeforce but I thought all the good fighters already moved to ufc?

LW: would be close I think, Melendez matches up very nicely with Edgar. Could go either way, but an edge to Edgar.
    WW: Man, Diaz would prolly get wrestlef***ed by GSP. Would be a good fight if they traded on the feet tho! But GSP via safe&boring topgame!
    MW: Anderson, all the way. Jacare doesn't bring anything that Anderson hasn't faced and dealt with before.
    LHM: UFC all the way. Might be different if Hendo takes the strap this weekend, but hard to bet against Shogun!
    HW: Ubereem vs Cain...now THAT is a superfight. In my opinion the only div where Strikeforce is stronger than the UFC.

So the UFC has the superior fighters. But they do not have the superior entertainment. The Strikeforce guys are just all round hungrier and more willing to take risks, which make for more thrilling fights. Also, Strikeforce is FREE! AND I don't have to listen to goddamn Goldberg pissing in my ear about their *expletive expletive expletive* sponsors every freakin' five minutes. How I loathe and detest that pinhead bastard.

Given how fickle a UFC contract is these days with the depth of competition in every division, I wouldn't be surprised if the quality of Strikeforce fighters goes up significantly over the next couple of years. That's not to say they don't have talent in their ranks, just to say that the breadth and depth of talent in the UFC is much thicker.

Oh, and WAR Ebersole!

So yeah... Zuffa just bought Strikeforce. The idea of UFC vs. Strikeforce will still never happen though.

I don't think it'll happen. Dana White already said that they will not be doing any superfights. Strikeforce will continue to run as it was. "Business as usual."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastwinstondoom View Post
    HW: Ubereem vs Cain...now THAT is a superfight.
    This is pretty much sums up what I want to see if a UFC vs Strikeforce happens.

Quote Originally Posted by erismaly View Post
    I don't think it'll happen. Dana White already said that they will not be doing any superfights. Strikeforce will continue to run as it was. "Business as usual."

They said exactly the same when they bought Pride :P

Showtime as a deal with Strikeforce that lasts for 2 years,as soon as that's done they will merge

People want to see the biggest fights and those huge fights make the most money so its inevitable imo