Mage - Currently have JC/Engineering, drop JC and get Tailoring?

Would it be better to drop JC and get tailoring? I get the +580int cloak enchant which is great for burst in PvP and DPS for PvE, but I lose my only way of making gold. Well I'm thinking of getting some gold making profs on an alt or something anyways, but I just want to make sure Tailoring/Eng. is the best combo for a mage for damage.

Deleted
    Well tailoring is one of the two best caster dps profession raiding wise. If you have alts that can make money, and your primary focus in the game is raiding on your main, it is of course worth considering.

Should probably ditch Engineering.

It depends on your situation.

eng/tailoring is the most powerful profession combination for dps atm(PvE, I do not ever PvP) but also costs you more money(arguably) than it can make.

However, do you not have another jewelcrafter? Jewelcrafting is a pain to level and an even more pain to obtain worthwhile cuts (to eliminate your need for other people to cut gems for you) imho is more important than 100 extra dps.

If your looking to make money to compensate an easy way is to make an alchemist alt for transmutes/other cooldowns, depending on your server it can take ~3500-5000g to level from 0-525.