Any new Engineering Helm 4.1?

Any news on if there is a new engineering helm or other armor for for 4.1? Ive been looking to lvl engineering specifically for the helm and don't want waste dropping a profession if nothing new is coming out

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Proffesions Subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    My ASSUMPTION is that because the Engineering Cogwheels were created at 4.0, there will likely be either upgraded Engineering eye-wear or upgraded Cogwheels. Those could be entirely "new" items, or they could simply scale up.

The point being, I don't see it as logical that Blizzard would introduce two Engineering items that work together and are both BoP without intending some sort of scaling.
    in the last expansion, i stopped using my engineering helm as it wasnt as nice as any of the tiered helms. i wouldnt be surprised if this was the end until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    My ASSUMPTION is that because the Engineering Cogwheels were created at 4.0, there will likely be either upgraded Engineering eye-wear or upgraded Cogwheels. Those could be entirely "new" items, or they could simply scale up.

The point being, I don't see it as logical that Blizzard would introduce two Engineering items that work together and are both BoP without intending some sort of scaling.
    Um... jewelcrafters make chimeras eyes into special JC only epic gems (unique 3), they almost definitely won't get an upgrade, they didn't in wrath, so I can't see cogs getting an upgrade, especially because you already have helms giving you a 'you only' buff (because they will probably release more helm recipes from raid bosses, thus keeping the helms better than equivalent gear)
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

The helms aren't better than any other 359 helm. They're identical in itemization. They're just more customizable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Um... jewelcrafters make chimeras eyes into special JC only epic gems (unique 3), they almost definitely won't get an upgrade, they didn't in wrath, so I can't see cogs getting an upgrade, especially because you already have helms giving you a 'you only' buff (because they will probably release more helm recipes from raid bosses, thus keeping the helms better than equivalent gear)
    This is not about Jewelcrafting and the chimera eyes are nothing like the cogwheels. JC only gems are the statbonus of JC, the equivalent of alchy flask, LW bracer enchant, blacksmithing bracer socket, ... The cogwheels however are there to customize the engineering helmet (since it comes with only 2 primary stats and 2 empty cogwheel sockets). The OP is wondering if a new engineering helmet (with equal iLvl to the new raid tier) will be added in 4.1 since maxing out engineering requires A LOT of gold and if the helmet won't be upgraded there is absolutely no reason at all to max it out.

Who knows? It's a model they switched away from since Wrath, since TBC gave you the option to upgrade your helm. If anything, these helms and cogs are made to give you more flexibility in picking stats when building your pre-raid gear, being able to choose which two secondary stats are more beneficial to you.
    Eventually this should become obsolete, Blizzard doesn't want you to keep wearing the same helm throughout the entire expansion, as was the cause with the TBC goggles and BS weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfish View Post
    This is not about Jewelcrafting and the chimera eyes are nothing like the cogwheels. JC only gems are the statbonus of JC, the equivalent of alchy flask, LW bracer enchant, blacksmithing bracer socket, ... The cogwheels however are there to customize the engineering helmet (since it comes with only 2 primary stats and 2 empty cogwheel sockets). The OP is wondering if a new engineering helmet (with equal iLvl to the new raid tier) will be added in 4.1 since maxing out engineering requires A LOT of gold and if the helmet won't be upgraded there is absolutely no reason at all to max it out.
    Ah I see the point being made, perhaps cogwheels will be upgraded to fit with the new tier of content, it would make sense I suppose. Blizzard already said they want the gear to be quite a bit stronger from tier to tier in cata, so it would only follow that cogs would increase too.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis