Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    A source to that, please? It's only a recommendation.
    A lot of people confuse the fact that it's technically illegal(punishable by a fine) for a store to sell games with a T+ rating to a younger child with actually playing them. It's perfectly fine for an adult to buy whatever game they want for their 12 year old and let them play, while a store can be fined for selling GTA to an eight year old(to toss out an example) without a parent present.

Because anyone under the age of 16 (at the very least, more like 18) that is allowed to play this game has terrible parents. Terrible parents party and drink while pregnant, and then drop their children on their head - all of this adds up to some degree of mental disability.

Therefore, anyone younger than 16 that plays this game is a retard. It's perfect logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Because we all know how many 12 year old kids love grinding 100000000 wolves, dull armor, and no quests! Everquest was really popular amongst kids I heard.
    I was just pointing out to the 23 year old who acted like there were no MMORPGs when he was that age that there in fact were.

And children are much more likely to be amused by endless, mindless farming than adults now that I think about it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 16, and been playing since release.
    I haven't had a problem with the age problem, aslong as you act mature & you're polite to people.

Getting into guilds and stuff is hard however, knowing how teenagers have a hard time controlling their play times etc... I haven't had a problem with adjusting my schedule to fit raiding though, and I know how to be polite to people and act mature but there's still be the stereotype on teenagers / youngsters whatever you want to call us that we don't know how to use propper grammar, nor know how to act civilized on the interwebz. Though, I've seen alot older people then myself act immature and all that nonsense so I really don't see why people put like "Recruiting mature people above 18" etc.

Yeah... went on a small rant which derailed quite abit from the OP's question

But it's mostly that there's some, or the majority I should say of teenagers that act immature and ruin the reputation for the mature one's, this is the case for most things, there's a bunch of examples out there like WoW players; The general stereotype of WoWplayers is fat basement dwellers whilst most people aren't like that but yeah...

Deleted
    i know the top 3 pvp healers on our realm are 15-16

im one of them

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    A lot of people confuse the fact that it's technically illegal(punishable by a fine) for a store to sell games with a T+ rating to a younger child with actually playing them. It's perfectly fine for an adult to buy whatever game they want for their 12 year old and let them play, while a store can be fined for selling GTA to an eight year old(to toss out an example) without a parent present.
    That's actually not true, only games rated M or AO can be regulated, anything below M isn't restricted in any way. As a matter of fact, according to the ESRB website, a rating of T is roughly equal to a rating of TV14 as far as television goes.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 01:17 PM ----------

I was just pointing out to the 23 year old who acted like there were no MMORPGs when he was that age that there in fact were.

And children are much more likely to be amused by endless, mindless farming than adults now that I think about it.
    My point was that most children didn't play MMOs 11 years ago, they weren't built for them and most of the time didn't interest them. As for your claim of children enjoying monotonous grinding... right... great argument, I remember all the times I sat in my room counting the ceiling tiles... good times those were.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

That's actually not true, only games rated M or AO can be regulated, anything below M isn't restricted in any way. As a matter of fact, according to the ESRB website, a rating of T is roughly equal to a rating of TV14 as far as television goes.
    I don't know what rating falls under the regulation, I was just using T as an example because that's what WoW is rated. The point still stands that those people are confusing the fact that a store isn't supposed to sell certain games to people under a certain age with those children being able to legally play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katellia View Post
    A large proportion of WoW players, no matter their age. are annoying immature idiots.

Came across people who were 30+ that were immature idiots and came across 12 - 14 years old that were so mature you'd think they were lying about their age.
    Ayarea! /wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebearkezz View Post
    the game is 12+ so you were breaking the law.
    /thread win
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont have something against them as a person, but 75% of the time they are just bad at playing and havnt YET understood the game, and i know this, since i started to play diablo when i was in the 7th grade and i sucked balls, but i learned.
    But that was an "simple" MMORPG, compared to wow where 13 year olds wanna come raid, but "Gotta go guys, my mom says i have to clean my room", bang, there goes ur healer and raid is over, speaking of experience here.
    And young people LOOOVE to curse, i curse myself, but they curse like...in each sentence, and that gets annoying REALLY quick.
    Last edited by Frolk; 2011-02-27 at 01:21 PM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    japes, your logic is really beating around the bushes. I've got a 16 year old little sister who started playing when she was 14 and my parents sure as hell are nothing like you just described. I've also raided with several 14-15 year old kids, and they've often been better at this game than some a whole lot older people.

I don't mind playing with younger people, it's not the age that often matters, it's the experience in life, which teens just have a whole lot less of. Most of the older people in this game though, should start growing some patience, because they seem to forget that a big part of the community consists of teens. And teens need to stop acting like they know everything about.. Well, everything and start taking some responsibility over their actions and learn to compromise.
    Last edited by erwil; 2011-02-27 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    i know the top 3 pvp healers on our realm are 15-16

im one of them
    If it can be assumed that the armory link in your sig is your main, then I severely doubt you're one of the top 3 pvp healers on your realm, no offense...

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 01:20 PM ----------

I don't know what rating falls under the regulation, I was just using T as an example because that's what WoW is rated. The point still stands that those people are confusing the fact that a store isn't supposed to sell certain games to people under a certain age with those children being able to legally play them.
    Yes sir, then you would be correct. And your example of GTA was also correct, there was a big snaffoo about that some years ago.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    I'm 13 now - And mostly role playing since people don't even LOOK at your applications anymore, mostly because of my age. I write better English than most of the people I meet on WoW - No offense, but I don't think 'u' of 'ur' is good, mature English, so yeah. I've given up PvE fully except for with my awesome guild who respects me. Of course, they treat you slightly different, but that's something whole different than completely ignoring or saying things before they even KNOW you. I like World of Warcraft, just not some people's behavior against my age. I understand that people find us younglings annoying and troublemakers, but hey, atleast give us a chance. We ain't thaaaaat bad. Some of us. *frown*

It does suck that most of the time younger players cannot get into raiding guilds as easily, but there are a lot of reasons why that happens other than just your age and maturity. A lot of it is that they can't be as dedicated to raids and stuff because of school and parents getting in the way. Which are acceptable reasons; however, no one wants to be in the middle of a raid and your 13 year old guildie has to immediately log off because their parents told them to get off the computer for the night. It just makes it easier because time management is completely up to you at a certain point and most of the time that's around 18 years old.

My guild personally recruits 18+ because we like to have a lot more "mature" vent and guild chat discussions that probably wouldn't be wise to let younger people hear. However, we do have a few younger raiders in my guild--as long as they are up to performance and attendance levels we don't care. As long as you are upfront about your age on the application, we can/do make exceptions.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Immaturity, high-pitched voices, incompatible sense of humour - there's just no reason I would want to spend time with someone 8-10 years younger than me over people around my own age and older. That doesn't mean I hate them or anything, I just generally prefer being around people over 18. I don't like having to modify my language either.

There are exceptions, but they're few and far between, some of the more quiet ones are a lot more bearable than the loud ones though.
    "The truth, my goal."

As for your claim of children enjoying monotonous grinding... right... great argument, I remember all the times I sat in my room counting the ceiling tiles... good times those were.
    My son and my ex girlfriend's daughter absolutely loved farming mining and herb nodes. I have no idea what instilled this in them but they wanted to play WoW so I showed them how to do it one day figuring they couldn't get into too much trouble on my farming alt with all the chat channels turned off and came home from work the next day with 40+ stacks of ore and herbs in my inventory and my girlfriend complaining that she had to fight to get them off the computer. They were quite a bit younger than 12, though.(Six and Seven)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the fact that they making threads asking what do we have against them

My son and my ex girlfriend's daughter absolutely loved farming mining and herb nodes. I have no idea what instilled this in them but they wanted to play WoW so I showed them how to do it one day figuring they couldn't get into too much trouble on my farming alt with all the chat channels turned off and came home from work the next day with 40+ stacks of ore and herbs in my inventory and my girlfriend complaining that she had to fight to get them off the computer. They were quite a bit younger than 12, though.(Six and Seven)
    While it is possible that a child may find such an activity interesting, it is uncommon and even in cases like you mentioned where it for some reason drew them in, it won't hold them for long. Children have short attention spans and will quickly tire of such activities, it's only natural.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Horribly Genius.
    Making the Kids do your Farming... Are you Chinese?

On Topic: I actually agree with Tuvok on this one.
    "Immaturity, high-pitched voices, incompatible sense of humour"
    Those are the Prime Reasons it seems why I would not want to spend my time playing WoW with a 12-14 Year Old.
    But No I wouldn't discriminate the entire age group, I actually know a 13 year old boy who plays quite well as a healer & keeps to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Obviously you've never had a raid leader position where you've had to replace people because 'it was their bedtime' or had parents yelling at you or the kid because of mature conversations over Vent. I prefer to keep anyone under 18 out of my raids because of this.
    Just another random troll.

Deleted
    I'm 14, and usually when I tell people my age, they're like 'w00t'. Not bragging or anything, just telling you that it's not *all* teens that are immature shits... just the majority.