Deleted

UI Compilation, FPS Combat Problems

I found some addons from a compilation off wowinterface.com and made my own, it was very good and i remained at a healthy 60 FPS at all times. But when i enter combat my fps just goes to near 5, and i cant really heal or anything, and with my old ui (Hydra Edit, (Tukui near enough)), in 10man raids i would still be at 40, but in a 5 man dungeon with my UI it is 5. If you know anything about why my FPS is poor, cheers for the info.

My Addons are:

_NPCScan
    Atlasloot Enhanced
    Bagnon
    Bartender4
    DBM
    Fatality
    DHUD4
    kgPanels
    Killshot
    KorreCauterize
    Necrosis
    Omen
    Pitbull4.0
    Postal
    Prat3.0
    Quartz
    Recount
    SexyMap
    SheepMonitor
    TidyPlates
    TipTac
    VuhDo

If this can be fixed, it would help massively, cheers

Turn off quartz and see if that helps any. I don't know about all the time, but when I open the quartz config and go to player, my fps plummets and my computer borders on locking up altogether.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another issue you can have is with addons "fighting" for Z-Level rights, if two windows request the same frame level rights and are put on top of each other they can end up fighting each other, causing each to end up with insanely high window numbers, which can also cause low FPS and "freezing" as described by Hendrixstorm.

A lot of more mature addons now correctly handle this to prevent z-fighting. but some still don't handle it too well, I can't remember how you check if this is happening, but there is a way to see your UI frame z-levels while the game is running. Might be worth looking into that and seeing if you find a culprit.

Many custom UIs you can download as packs have slightly modified version of addons or simply only use addons with good z-level management, which is why they tend not to experience these issues as much.

The fact your raid UI has 40 FPS and in 5mans it's 5 FPS suggests possibly something with your party frames causing the issue (assuming you have them disabled when the raid frame is active).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Another issue you can have is with addons "fighting" for Z-Level rights, if two windows request the same frame level rights and are put on top of each other they can end up fighting each other, causing each to end up with insanely high window numbers, which can also cause low FPS and "freezing" as described by Hendrixstorm.

A lot of more mature addons now correctly handle this to prevent z-fighting. but some still don't handle it too well, I can't remember how you check if this is happening, but there is a way to see your UI frame z-levels while the game is running. Might be worth looking into that and seeing if you find a culprit.

Many custom UIs you can download as packs have slightly modified version of addons or simply only use addons with good z-level management, which is why they tend not to experience these issues as much.

The fact your raid UI has 40 FPS and in 5mans it's 5 FPS suggests possibly something with your party frames causing the issue (assuming you have them disabled when the raid frame is active).
    Sorry i meant that with my old ui i got 40fps in 10man raids where the FPS should be lower but with my custom UI, even in a 5man dungeon, it is at 5 FPS, and i dont understand why my HydraEdit UI is fine and doesnt have any FPS problems but my one with the addons listed is making it freeze up to 5 FPS in 5 man dungeons.

But i will also google Z-fighting and check if that is a problem, cheers for the reply and information.

[EDIT] I have just googled it and really nothing came up for "z-fighting", so unfortunatly, im lost on that one. :\
    Last edited by mmoca21b6f6b44; 2011-03-09 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Two frames both telling the UI "I want to be the very highest frame" on every frame draw. That way the UI has to re-calculate frame positions 2 times per frame refresh (first frame goes over second frame, then second frame goes over first frame), repeat afterwards.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 02:33 PM ----------

Just to verify. You do have LUA errors turned on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Two frames both telling the UI "I want to be the very highest frame" on every frame draw. That way the UI has to re-calculate frame positions 2 times per frame refresh (first frame goes over second frame, then second frame goes over first frame), repeat afterwards.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 02:33 PM ----------

Just to verify. You do have LUA errors turned on?
    No i have them turnt off, they annoy me, why ? I feel so nooby :P

Deleted
    The most likely cause of your issue is addons causing lots of LUA errors (an error in the addon's OnUpdate, most likely). Turn them on and see if anything pops up during FPS issues.

Or go back to Tukui, which is the best ui so far and doesnt screw your fps :-)

Deleted
    Right ok well. ill check for LUA errors, any other reasons why my FPS may be affected ?

Deleted
    Excessive addon calculations hogging up CPU cycles, especially ones run one very screen update.

Deleted
    Excessive addon calculations hogging up CPU cycles, especially ones run one very screen update.
    Which ones form the list above would you say do that ?

Deleted
    I can exclude a bunch of them as I've used them without issues before. The following are addons you should try disabling in LUA errors give no further insight:
    Code:
    Bagnon
    Fatality
    DHUD4
    KorreCauterize
    Postal
    SheepMonitor

get some friend to help you, go into a dungeon and disable one addon at a time (or disable the lot of em and enable one at a time) until your fps rises (or drops) and there u have the addon thats bugging you.

i used to have a problem with some Archy addons, as soon as i entered Arena, my game nearly crashed, his 1.2 fps or so, is probably similar problem for you, just some addons messing up in certain scenarios.

Deleted
    I can exclude a bunch of them as I've used them without issues before. The following are addons you should try disabling in LUA errors give no further insight:
    Code:
    Bagnon
    Fatality
    DHUD4
    KorreCauterize
    Postal
    SheepMonitor

Fatality
    DHUD4
    KorreCauterize
    Postal
    SheepMonitor

I use with Tukui anyway, and they dont seem to cause a problem. So it could be bagnon, i ill run with LUA errors on and disable Bagnon, cheers for the help, ill let you know soon with the results.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nithisia View Post
    Fatality
    DHUD4
    KorreCauterize
    Postal
    SheepMonitor

I use with Tukui anyway, and they dont seem to cause a problem. So it could be bagnon, i ill run with LUA errors on and disable Bagnon, cheers for the help, ill let you know soon with the results.
    It is still doing the same with no LUA errors . . . . . -.-'