Macro+Razer Naga

hello guys im kinda new to the arena side of things i play as a resto druid. i am having a problem with the following macro:

/cast [target=arena1] Cyclone
    /cast [target=arena1, modifier:shift] Entangling Roots
    /cast [target=arena1, modifier:ctrl] Hibernate

i use a naga and i have 2 more of this macro where the difference in the macro is target=arena1 is changed to target =arena2 and 3 respectively. the macro only cast cyclone when i press shift or control were as i am expectiing roots and hibernate. i am wondering if there is a problem with the mod or there is something with naga that needs to be changed

( the macros are on buttons 7,8 & 9).

Deleted
    Try:
    /cast [target=arena1, nomod] Cyclone
    as your first line

I'm really no expert in macros but maybe every macro always tries to cast Cyclone first which triggers the GCD which then makes it ignore the other 2 lines.

hope it helps, if not, sorry!
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-02-27 at 04:27 PM.

ok thanx for your reply.. i will try this when my partner gets on and provide feedback

The reason is simple: the first conditions of the macro (cyclone on arena1 target) always comes true so specifying the [nomod] as Tsjb mentioned in it is required or
    you need to move the first line to last. It has nothing to do with your mouse
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

I have a Naga myself and I noticed it really doesn't like macros with modifiers in it. I have mine set to Numpad mode and any macro I tried so far with modifiers doesn't do anything. Although I just realised things like shift+num have default keybinds, so you'll have to clear those first.

Upon further investigation, the keybind menu doesn't show them bound, but stuff like shift+num 4 and 6 are bound to turn left/right respectively for me.
    Last edited by Digits; 2011-02-27 at 04:42 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You've got your macro reversed. Try the following instead.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@arena1,mod:ctrl]Hibernate;[@arena1,mod:shift]Entangling Roots;[@arena1]Cyclone
    Just change the "@arena1" to "@arena2" and "@arena3" for the other macros.

Changes from original macro:
    1) Macros work in the order it sees the modifiers. Anything using modifier keys, harm/help, dead/nodead, etc, has to be BEFORE the unmodified cast. This is why in my macro, Cyclone has been moved to the last line.

2) Condensed into one line (still works, macros are read left to right, so it looks for Ctrl, then Shift, then goes to Unmodified)

3) Converted "target=" to "@" nomenclature - shorter macros, and easier to read.

A good resource, if you're having trouble getting a macro to do something, is to run it through Fitzcairn's Macro Explain-O-Matic.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2011-02-27 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I have a Naga myself and I noticed it really doesn't like macros with modifiers in it. I have mine set to Numpad mode and any macro I tried so far with modifiers doesn't do anything. Although I just realised things like shift+num have default keybinds, so you'll have to clear those first.

Upon further investigation, the keybind menu doesn't show them bound, but stuff like shift+num 4 and 6 are bound to turn left/right respectively for me.
    It has nothing to do with the Naga itself, but rather how a keyboard works. For example, shift+numpad4 is the left arrow, that's always the case unless you have Numlock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Naga itself, but rather how a keyboard works. For example, shift+numpad4 is the left arrow, that's always the case unless you have Numlock off.
    Ah, right, didn't actually know that, cheers. Still, that means using certain modifiers with the naga on num mode could give you troubles.

Deleted
    You can set up the Naga so that those mouse buttons 'press' whatever keyboard buttons you wish (along with ctrl, alt and shift modifers if you so desire). Therefore you can change what the mouse button does if it's causing you any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I found out messing around with my Razer Naga. Say you have Action Bar 2 bound to shift+1 etc. Now say you have a macro that takes a mod, say modifier:ctrl on Action Bar 2. If you hit shift, then ctrl, then the computer will count it as shift+ctrl+[button] instead of just ctrl+[button]. Not sure that has anything to do with the razer naga or not but just an observation.

taryble that for the input those suggestions helped and it is not working as i had hoped and thanx to everyone else that took the timeout to provide help as well