Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

I just finished the game and all I can dare to say is...

mind = blown

I'm probably going to pick it up off Steam a few days after it's released this Tuesday.

It's not as good as the second. The story doesn't really go anywhere other than the very end. It's a decent game, although I'm done with Ubisoft for taking like 6 months to release the PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    It's not as good as the second. The story doesn't really go anywhere other than the very end. It's a decent game, although I'm done with Ubisoft for taking like 6 months to release the PC version.
    Pretty much this.

Love the game, but the 6 month wait really sucked big penor and if they do that for yet another game I'm not gonna buy it.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    How's the multiplayer?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Started playing it not too long ago. I'm liking it so far, but I got confused in all the economical stuff at first. Though it's not as complicated when you play for a while.

I really enjoyed the 360 game =).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed it, still not finished yet, as my sister stole my Xbox to play Final Fantasy >.<
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Deleted
    The story's climax is absolutely inhuman. It's one of the best endings to a game I've ever seen.

I want to meet the people who wrote it...

Deleted
    Bought it yesterday... all I can say is "WoooooW"

Assassin's Creed has been the only game that can make me stop playing World of Warcraft xD

The platforming levels get extremely repetitive after a while. There's no difficulty, and the means of overcoming obstacles is always the same. The only challenge is finding out where that first jump you need to make is.
    I liked it, but that was a major gripe for me.

Deleted
    I just got all my Assassin Recruits promoted to Assassino - real assassins! They got Ezio's clothes and all. I dyed mine black so that I can look like a Grand Master of the Assassin Order and differ from them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The franchise died at the second.

No combat developement whatsoever, they just added more stuff. You just defend and counterattack in an infinite loop untill you win the game. Even the last ''boss'' if i may call it that, is all about counterattacking.

The story is decent tho with references to historical events and persons.

Also, the game demands that you kill an awfull lot of innocent guards. Yet you are not supposed to kill innocent people.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    play the first and the second then u will get the story line better

Multiplayer is just a few other people running around trying to assassinate you

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    The franchise died at the second.

No combat developement whatsoever, they just added more stuff. You just defend and counterattack in an infinite loop untill you win the game. Even the last ''boss'' if i may call it that, is all about counterattacking.

The story is decent tho with references to historical events and persons.

Also, the game demands that you kill an awfull lot of innocent guards. Yet you are not supposed to kill innocent people.
    Didn't change?
    In the first it was always the same. Save those people and then come back for your real mission. "Oh wait Alt'air, I need moar time, come back later".

The missions in the 2nd and 3th one are much, much, much better. It's never the same, always different. Especially in the 3th one it's awesome that you can unlock new stuff with it.

Also, they added tons of new weapons.
    Crossbows, guns, poison blades, 2handed weapons...

Yeah, the game didn't change at all

And another thing to add:
    Your supposed to stealth kill the guards, not run in and fight them with your blade <.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Didn't change?
    In the first it was always the same. Save those people and then come back for your real mission. "Oh wait Alt'air, I need moar time, come back later".

The missions in the 2nd and 3th one are much, much, much better. It's never the same, always different. Especially in the 3th one it's awesome that you can unlock new stuff with it.

Also, they added tons of new weapons.
    Crossbows, guns, poison blades, 2handed weapons...

Yeah, the game didn't change at all

And another thing to add:
    Your supposed to stealth kill the guards, not run in and fight them with your blade <.<
    1. I did not complain about the mission. Unless you think that mission goal is related to how the combat system functions.

2. I agree the missions in 2 and 3 are better. But to say that every mission is unique is just plain wrong.

3. Yes the weapon choices have improved. However the combat system has improved very litte. The improvement over the 1st and the second game in the 3rd is that you are now able to kill your enemy WITHOUT waiting for a counterattack. And ofcourse, the enemies will try to attack more than one at a time... something that SHOULD have been implemented already in the first. And abseloutly not as late as the 3rd.

4. The fact that im even supposed to kill the guards violates the rule that im NOT supposed to kill innocent people. Every single guardsman in Italy during the renesance (Or during the 3rd (think it was the 3rd) crusades if you will) was NOT guilty of a crime that would justify death. The whole point of guardsmen is to protect the innocent.

Yet the game demands (demand may be strong, but it penalises you for it) that you do NOT kill innocent, yet at the same time it demands that you kill guardsmen. Double morale much!?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

The guards you have to kill in the 3th one are actually soldiers from that family which controls Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    They did heavily improve the combat for Brotherhood. It's still not particularly difficult or anything, but the execution streaks heavily speed up the combat, and encourage you to take more risks. Counterattacks are also a bit less the solution to everything (Though they're still amazing, there's a few enemy types they don't work on with most weapons).

Also the last boss in Brotherhood isn't about counterattacking. It's about kicking, and occasionally doing controlled execute streaks on the extra guards that appear.

Edit: I do agree the story is a bit weaker overall in Brotherhood though, as another poster above said. But they definitely made the combat a lot better in this one.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2011-03-22 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I beat assassin's creed 2, I literally went What. The. Fuck. About at the same time desmond did... At the end of AC: Brotherhood, I was sitting there thinking, What the hell man? Fucking super-being-computers stabbing the love interest.

I must agree though, the story in brotherhood wasn't as good as 2, but the combat was a lot more fun.

Beating them both 100% were pains though...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The end actually annoyed me. I love the extremely strange and crazy story that Assassin's Creed has going for it, but the ending of Brotherhood was so... rushed. Just VROOOOOOOM straight to the end. Hell, SPOILER ALERTS INC but you don't even get to kill one of the two huge baddies you'd been after for so long yourself!
    The pope is poisoned by Cesere, and then you get several smacked-together missions with apparently massive time gaps in between (what's with the completely idiotic 100% sync on those? Don't take damage? The apple is your only weapon and it makes you damage yourself! That one took me 20 tries and they weren't fun), and then you're suddenly sucked a hundred miles away into a battle in a totally different city (apparently SEVEN YEARS later), and then abruptly dropped out of all of it and right into the present. I won't even comment on the Matrix 2-esque ultra-abrupt ending.

And yet, you know what the most enraging part is? The final section, with just Desmond beneath the Colosseum, has the most fantastic lighting elements in the entire game with him using that light-stick. Nowhere else in the game did they make use of the lighting engine like this at all, it made me sad.

And yet, despite all of the crap heap that was the end, it's made up for by the fact that the rest of the game is just outstanding. Combat was especially fun, you feel unstoppable and extremely stylish if you're good at counters, counter-kills, and execution streaks which you should, considering Ezio is the grand master of the assassins. He shouldn't be clumsy, and guards shouldn't really pose any real threat to him. That said, I still think the original game actually did the bosses best out of all of them. There weren't even any real bosses in AC:Brotherhood... even the final boss is just a stronger normal enemy, really.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-03-23 at 09:36 AM.