Thread: APB:Reloaded

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

APB:Reloaded

Follow All About APB on Twitter (my account) if you want to know how to get in the Closed Beta! I will also be trying to get direct keys for you guys!

As you might've noticed already, the game All Points Bulletin is getting revived as All Points Bulletin: Reloaded. (FREE TO PLAY)

[Note: this is actually how characters can look like ingame if you're skilled in the customization! (well, aside from the stupid skateboard)]

To quote what to game is about:

The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city of San Paro where there is a constant battle between Enforcers and Criminals, and the player will need to decide to which faction they want to belong.

Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which can then be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all of which influence the game.[10] For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Enforcer players of equivalent skills and other criteria and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery and apprehend or eliminate the Criminals.

The camera focuses on the character from above the shoulder in which the currently equipped gun is held, allowing the player to peek around corners before they lean around to shoot. The player can also zoom in using right-click for better aim. Weapons cannot be bought straight away from NPC contacts. The player must achieve different goals to unlock the purchase of weapons, varying from completing a certain number of missions successfully, to achieving a high enough standing with a contact or organization. Contacts sell upgrades, equipment, weapons, vehicles and clothing. Ammunition can be bought from Joker Ammo vending machines, scattered around the 3 districts. Players cannot normally attack each other unless they are enemies or allies in a mission. This prevents death matching and griefing.

Depending on faction, players will have either a Prestige or Notoriety level, going from 0 to 5. This level goes up as the player successfully performs actions that help their faction's cause, such as killing players of the opposing faction, completing missions successfully, or by engaging in activities unique to their faction. Such unique faction actions include mugging pedestrians for Criminals, or arresting Criminals for Enforcers. The level decreases as the player hinders their faction; for instance, team-killing, dying, and destroying city objects as Enforcers. At level 0, a player is free to do as they please, and will not have enemy players dispatched against them. At level 1, the player receives slightly greater rewards from missions, and enemy players will be dispatched against them if they witness them performing certain actions. At level 2, the rewards are increased even more, and enemy players may be dispatched against their missions. At level 3, enemy players may be sent against the player regardless of actions, and rewards are increased further. At level 4, the player will receive increased rewards, enemy players will still be dispatched against them. At level 5, the player has a bounty put on their head, which allows them to interact with any player on the server. They can be killed by any Criminal or Enforcer, but a bounty player can kill anyone on the server. All rewards are greatly increased for a person with a bounty for being able to achieve goals while under extreme pressure. When someone kills a player with a bounty, unless they are an Enforcer killing a fellow Enforcer, the killer receives a large money and standing reward for being able to kill such a high-threat player. A bounty can be removed by death, or by reducing Prestige/Notoriety enough to reduce the level to 4.

APB also claims it will be the first multiplayer online game title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.

At Game Developers Conference 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game. The software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fonts, and to communicate using 3D positional audio.

It has also been revealed that you will be able to synchronize music from your hard drive to the in-game radio. If another player owns the same song being played, it will appear as an ambient sound from your car. However, if the player in question does not own the song: Last.fm will automatically match the track with any similar artist.[11]

Or, to describe the game in my own words: You play as either a Criminal or Enforcer, playing in the cities of San Paro. The game is 100% PvP based, criminals vs enforcer as well as on rare occasions criminal vs criminal. You accept a mission like 'kill x' 'drop off x' 'steal x'. The mission objectives are very simple, but whats around it is what counts: no mission is the same. The mission can go from solo to a 20 versus 20 battle, with people racing around in big fast cars, shooting with their guns or lauching rockets.

The game will become FREE TO PLAY with the option of Premium Membership.

A list of features (I'm writing this myself so I might miss some things):

- The most amount of body customizing you've EVER seen. Not only can you define the exact color of all body parts, but also the exact shape of your nose, eyebrows, 4 different parts of your ears and 5 different parts of your mouth.

- Completely, unlimited (free members have some limits though) customization for clothing and cars. Draw your own designs! You're using preset symbols, but there are hundreds of them and you can draw literally everything (I've seen comics drawn on cars..)

- A lot of customizable weapons and cars. a LOT of them.

- The ability to 'be the best'. In many games there's no one really the best. Here you can have a clan that's famous.. In either a good or bad way. You can draw your clan symbols throughout the whole city, control parts and move.

- A complete sandbox: Even though you can't shoot everyone (Thank god, griefing ftl?) unless you're in the Chaos ruleset, you're all in the same city, even the ones you're not in a mission with.

- A lot of features to keep you busy: organisation standings, contact reputations, 15 or so different skills you can advance in (arresting, shooting, graffity, car customization, music making etc).

- The ability to import your downloaded music into APB, which other people can hear from your car!

- The ability to create your own soundtracks in APB through a music maker (quite a learning curve but can really be fun).

- 3 districts: Financial, Waterfront and Asylum. The Financial district is the 'rich guy' place with expensive cars etc, Waterfront is downtime and Asylum is obvious.

- An advanced clan system.

- The shooting (which is ofcourse a major part of the game) is really fun. It feels very natural, is easy to learn but hard to master.

- Car riding isn't just pressing forward, it requires skill and is insanely fun!

-----------------------------------

Now, to get to my point, I'm reviving the clan nothing To prove. We've been running this clan in APB since the Beta till the shutdown, and we kept going strong.

Side: Enforcer. Sorry criminal-lovers.
    Region: Europe.
    Server: TBA. If the old server names come back, Obeya.
    Rank Based System: Ranks will be obtained throughout activity and contribution. Special ranks for designers and officers.
    Closed Beta?: Yes. I will try to get everyone inside the beta but I can't promise everything.

History of nTp: nTp is a clan that has been formed in the early days of APB. After the shutdown of APB, we've continued as a multi-gaming clan. We've played games like WoW, RIFT, Lol, Aion, SC2, BC2, S4League, GenesisAD, (leaked)Crysis 2, NFS:World, and a lot more that I'm probably forgetting now. Ofcourse, you'll never be forced to play a new game: at times we play 5 games at once, who cares if you don't join on one of them?

Application: As our hoster of the site has left the clan, we're lacking a website, so you can simply reply in this thread or mail [mailto:Aldun@gaming.edu.pl]

Random screenshots:
    My first serious car:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00000.jpg

A random mission with a stolen car:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00015.jpg

Other random screenshot. Me in simple clothing standing in front of a friends car:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00013.jpg

Me using my love for exploiting to get in unreachable spots:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00003.jpg

I really didn't exploit this bugged mission. Rly (Fixed :<).
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00017.jpg

A failed attempt at customization (Oh god I sucked so hard at that):
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nShot00002.jpg

-Aldun

Deleted
    Looks like theyve updated the textures? I played the original open beta and had great fun, but it was very buggy and I never bought it as I couldnt see it having any longevity, or justification for paying to play. Will definitely get it now its free obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Looks like theyve updated the textures? I played the original open beta and had great fun, but it was very buggy and I never bought it as I couldnt see it having any longevity, or justification for paying to play. Will definitely get it now its free obviously.
    They've updated a lot. All major bugs and imbalances have been fixed, the sky finally has good textures and more You should really try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    It will kill wow.
    Nah, but it will still be an imba game =].

Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    They optimized the game and supposedly redid a lot of things like Lighting (dynamic maybe?). They plan to release a low-quality launcher and a high-quality launcher to bring the game to more systems.

Also, Aldun, you should just pay someone to customize for you. :]

Wow killer right here. I'm bored with Rift already after playing for 1 hour as I'm just that kind of person. I will play APB forever. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet when does it re-release?

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Sweet when does it re-release?
    Closed Beta begins February 28th - maybe. Application invites went out last week, but actual invites to play the game have yet to go out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Closed Beta begins February 28th - maybe. Application invites went out last week, but actual invites to play the game have yet to go out.
    Wait you need an invite to play the game? I'm quite confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Wait you need an invite to play the game? I'm quite confused.
    You had to sign up your email to their newsletter. They had 150 000 people sign up. They wanted only a fraction of that. They then sent out emails containing a key that would allow you to fill out an application form with the appropriate information. Once you filled out the form you have to wait for them to go over the applications and send out the actual closed beta keys.

Open Beta will being sometime at the end of March where anyone can play. Closed Beta sign up is closed now.

Its stupid how it works. I did an application for beta MONTHS ago when they first allowed you to sign up for beta. I get an email saying "your key to san paro inside!" and I was excited as hell, only to find out its a key to make ANOTHER application for beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin323 View Post
    Its stupid how it works. I did an application for beta MONTHS ago when they first allowed you to sign up for beta. I get an email saying "your key to san paro inside!" and I was excited as hell, only to find out its a key to make ANOTHER application for beta.
    Uh. There was no application form from G1 months ago. They had a little box that told you to put your email in for a chance to participate in Closed Beta.

They did send out emails to ex-players (testers, live players) to come sign up. Which maybe what you got? But that didn't have you fill out any form it just linked you to the page to put your email in for a chance.

Also they only announced the re-release as of Nov 16 2010. That is not very long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Uh. There was no application form from G1 months ago. They had a little box that told you to put your email in for a chance to participate in Closed Beta.

They did send out emails to ex-players (testers, live players) to come sign up. Which maybe what you got? But that didn't have you fill out any form it just linked you to the page to put your email in for a chance.

Also they only announced the re-release as of Nov 16 2010. That is not very long ago.
    Yea I was in the beta for the original game. I do remember signing up for beta.

It really doesn't matter.. You don't just send out keys for applications. Thats pretty weird and doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin323 View Post
    Yea I was in the beta for the original game. I do remember signing up for beta.

It really doesn't matter.. You don't just send out keys for applications. Thats pretty weird and doesn't make much sense.
    If they had supplied an actual application form originally and not just a 'put your email here' type deal it wouldn't of made sense. In this case however it does make sense. They needed technical, location, experience, age, and all sorts of other information to recruit for the closed beta. Its about testing not 'happy fun time'.

And if I remember right they also said that everyone who gets a application key (likely) will be recruited into the Beta at some point or the other. Maybe not right away but eventually.

Is the character customization still as HOLYSHITOMGWTFBBQ awesome as it was before?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Is the character customization still as HOLYSHITOMGWTFBBQ awesome as it was before?
    Why would of it had changed?

Yes - its the same. The only difference is Premium members will be able to get more layers for shirts/symbols, etc... In the previous retail version of the game the layer cap was 100 for symbols and I believe 50 for clothing. Don't know what the cap will be in this model.

Failed before, will fail again.

Awesome random moment from a mission back when I played APB (Notice how he spins around two times before landing perfectly and keeps driving until I crash into him again).

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Awesome random moment from a mission back when I played APB (Notice how he spins around two times before landing perfectly and keeps driving until I crash into him again).
    <3 spinning cars

We actually had a -very- funny kill where our Cisco got flipped, did several spins in the air, and we landed roof first on top of the enemy VIP.

The game is being run by GamersFirst ( K2Network ) stay the fuck away from that game by all means
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me