Thread: Archeology

Deleted

Archeology

Im finding Archeology very slow and boring to level. Does anybody have any tips to make it easier/quicker? thanks

If you don't find it fun, don't do it.

I loved each new artifact I found with arch, best profession out there.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Focus on the achieves. Only way I managed to cap was by watching my numbers and achieves pop up.

As above, some people only do Arch for the mounts. Personally, I like to, after discovering a new artifact, going and reading the little paragraph about it. I have fun doing it. Archaeology is slow. And much like real life, alot of people would find it boring. But to each their own. :-)
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 2011-02-28 at 07:29 PM. Reason: mistakes

Deleted
    The only thing I am finding nice about it is getting to fly around azeroth and seeing places once again. It is very boring but I was asking if anybody has any tips for speeding things up? that would be great

Deleted
    1 small tip:

Make sure to be in a guild who has the reduced HS cooldown perk unlocked.
    While doing Archaeology in Kalimdor, make use of the (Hyjal + Uldum) portals in Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
    You can basicaly pick either the north or south of the continent EVERY 15 MINUTES!
    (Or in case you're a hordie, you can fly away from Orgrimmar aswell)

As a druid, I port to moonglade, fly south hitting every site along the way, and port back to moonglade.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    As a druid, I port to moonglade, fly south hitting every site along the way, and port back to moonglade.
    This, except that I'm a death knight. And I'm in eastern kingdoms.

Pretty effective with guildperk mount speed and frost spec. 494 % speed. Yepp.

EDIT: If there's nothing in the middle of the continent, e.g. 2 sites in the plaguelands and 2 in STV; I take the ones in plaguelands and see if anything new pops up on the way, incase not, HS to OG and take the blasted lands portal, fly to stv, Death gate. Profit!
    Last edited by Geekbustarz; 2011-02-28 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    thanks for tips guys, i should of mentioned im a mage. Anywho, I guess il keep going as I wait for a dungeon. il look out for achivs too to keep me going ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    thanks for tips guys, i should of mentioned im a mage. Anywho, I guess il keep going as I wait for a dungeon. il look out for achivs too to keep me going ;p
    Well if you're a Mage you can portal all over the place, plus Blink can be pretty useful for speeding about the digsites if you haven't got super-mode flying. You've got arguably the best class for it!

ArchAeology

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If you don't find it fun, don't do it.

I loved each new artifact I found with arch, best profession out there.
    This, it felt so awesome to finish a new artifact when I was leveling Archaeology. At max level it got a bit less interesting, though I've refound my love for the profession trying to gather certain rares.

I queue up stuff in real life to do while my character flies around. So it's a great profession to level up if you don't actually want to play WoW.

I do find Archaeology boring but it's a lot more bearable to do it if you have a goal in mind, for me it's getting Zin'rokh and the Axes from the Vrykul artifacts(yes I know you can only get one per character which is why I'm leveling a second) and the extra gold is decent, not much but sometimes you get lucky and get several +50g vendor items.

Best Tip: Net-Flix Instant Watch

15 minute HS and Teleports to 2 places on a continent (+ some cata portals from orgrimmar).

It's good being a mage.

On a side note: archaeology is slightly less boring than fishing.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.