Guardian Spirit not firing?

I searched for this, but didn't actually see a topic about this yet. But has anyone had Guardian Spirit not firing for them at all?

At times, I see people dropping off hard, which is an ideal time to throw a Guardian Spirit around. Annoying enough, it happens a bit too frequently that my client has yet to realise that the target is actually dead already on the server, so it doesn't land (and that while my latency is only 40-80ms or so) at all ... confusing me as to why I still have it under my cursor a few seconds later and the target is dead. But while annoying, that's not what I mean with not firing.

I mean that it lands (spell goes in cooldown), but it simply doesn't work. Target dies and no heal is granted. Had this happen this evening on the offtank during the Maloriak encounter, causing a wipe soon after. I was confused because I saw it was on cooldown, so I checked recount for healing done on that fight, and Guardian Spirit just wasn't among my list of heals. But I've seen it happen before, at times. Anyone else seen this happen, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    did it happen today?
    are you from the EU?

2x yes --> Servers were really laggy today. Low ms ping home, high on world.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Happens all the time. If you guardian spirit someone just before they die it will go on cooldown and do nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Happens all the time. If you guardian spirit someone just before they die it will go on cooldown and do nothing.
    Yarp, it worked fine pre 4.0 but I've decided it has to be an issue with the way the server handles ability queuing now

Just latency, same reason DPS or healing spells go off as the target dies and consume cooldown/mana.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    This happens to me a lot now as well. If I cast it when the target is low and then dies almost immediately after casting it he still dies and GS is on a 3min cooldown.

Jesus this just happened to me yesterday, I thought it was me, but then it happened again a few hours later.. I never noticed it until the raid yesterday because in five mans I don't get into a situation I need it.

Somehow glad I'm not the only one then, but it sure sucks. Actually seriously considered removing it from my spellbar tonight, because it is so unreliable now.

Huntaer, it happened tonight but it has happened in the last few months as well, and a bit too frequently if you ask me. Current server lag hasn't got much - if anything - to do with it firing off but doing nothing. It has everything to do with the first effect I described, however, but that's another frustration I have with the spell currently .

why would you remove it. 40% healing increase is still powerful to top someone off
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been like this since FOREVER with ALL aura effects. (aura being any kind of buff you place on yourself or someone else)
    Nothing new, move along.

It happened on a heroic magmaw attempt last night, was extremely frustrating. BUT! we ended up downing it.

I don't think this is anything new, from my experience it's been happening from the moment we got the spell.

There seems to be a bit of 'lag' between the application of the spell, and the 'guardian effect'. Extremely annoying since most of the time when you use it, it's in one of those 'OMG HE WILL DIE IF I DONT DO SOMETHING" moments.... where you don't have time for a spell to lag out.

and no, this isn't my personal lag, I play with < 30 ms both 'home' and 'world'.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    why would you remove it. 40% healing increase is still powerful to top someone off
    Mainly because I was getting frustrated with it. We have an "oh shit!" spell and it just doesn't work reliably.

Besides, 40% extra healing is only worth it if the target is actually alive to receive it.

As this is a Priest discussion, this might not be the best place to tell about paladin spells.
    But paladins have the same problem with Lay on Hands, you cast it, target dies (and didnt get the heal) but you still get cd, always been like that
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

As everyone else said, happens all the time. Not just with aura effects either. On my rogue I couldn't count the times while leveling or clearing through trash I've envenom'd to refresh the timer on my SnD and it doesn't because they die right as my envenom goes off.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

15+ Year Old Account
    How is that not an aura effect? Cut to the Chase procs when the envenom aura is applied to your target.

The envenom aura is not what procs Cut to the Chase. Hence why it also works with evis.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Happens all the time, its really frustrating, it also happens with our warrior tank's surv. cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    Mainly because I was getting frustrated with it. We have an "oh shit!" spell and it just doesn't work reliably.
    It works extremely reliably. The only time it doesn't work if it is cast about .5 seconds before the recipient dies. I have had this "problem" forever. If you save it until the very last moment, this will happen. And even knowing about it, I still have it happen to me sometimes when I am hoping the other heals will get the tank up so I can save it for later, so at the very last minute I cast it *bam* tank dead Chalk it up to server-client communication time (lag if you will) and move on.

Granted, it would be nice if there was some sort of confirmation communication so that the CD wouldn't be blown in a situation like this, but typically (for me) it means the MT died and DPS are now getting gibbed so it's a wipe anyway and it will be off CD in time for the next attempt.

I've noticed the exact same with Ardent Defender on my Paladin..except I'm sure the aura applies but it just never heals me when I would have died. It's really frustrating. :|