Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Divine Hymn is garbage...

Compared to Tranquility.

Tranquility heals FIVE people, leaves a decent HoT, and is now on a THREE minute cooldown.
    Divine Hymn heals THREE people, increases healing taken (bleh), and is on an EIGHT minute cooldown.

Really?

Tranquility does not increase healing received by 10%. And where are you getting "3 min CD" from? Wowhead has it at 8 minutes, and I don't see any CD reduction talents for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

regrowth is garbage. It leaves a shitty HOT but only heals for half as much as flash heal and costs more mana. cwutididthar?

Different classes are different. Deal with it.

Edit: Also, divine hymn has a longer ranged making it more useful in some cases (Elementium Monstrosity Gravity Crush, for one)
    Last edited by DomBomb1; 2011-03-01 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Tranquility does not increase healing received by 10%. And where are you getting "3 min CD" from? Wowhead has it at 8 minutes, and I don't see any CD reduction talents for it.
    He's getting 3 minutes from the new patch notes for 4.1

---------- Post added 2011-02-28 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    regrowth is garbage. It leaves a shitty HOT but only heals for half as much as flash heal and costs more mana. cwutididthar?

Different classes are different. Deal with it.
    Along with the Living Seed talent Regrowth is still a fairly strong spell. Decent healing, quick cast, ability to put Living Seed on them, and allows the use of Swiftmend on the target

Why should the worser AoE healing cd have a longer heal timer?

Hmm, this could be their first attempt at giving druids that "emergency cooldown" they were mentioning earlier

When are people out of range of Tranquility... and why would that mean a 5 minute shorter cooldown? Also, Tranquility leaves a HoT which activates your mastery on everyone it hits. That is > 10% healing on random targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    When are people out of range of Tranquility... and why would that mean a 5 minute shorter cooldown? Also, Tranquility leaves a HoT which activates your mastery on everyone it hits. That is > 10% healing on random targets.
    30 yards is not very far. I CONSTANTLY have people out of range for prayer of healing (the cast is a 40 yard range, but it only heals players within 30 yards of the target). And if you read my post you would have seen my example of Gravity Crush, which lifts players up into the air. It's hard enough getting without 40 yards of people up in the air like that, let alone 30.

And what the heck do you mean "why would that mean a 5 minute shorter cooldown?" I didn't say anything about the cooldown.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoochamusPrime View Post
    He's getting 3 minutes from the new patch notes for 4.1

---------- Post added 2011-02-28 at 10:45 PM ----------

Along with the Living Seed talent Regrowth is still a fairly strong spell. Decent healing, quick cast, ability to put Living Seed on them, and allows the use of Swiftmend on the target
    That wasn't the point at all. That post was about the analogy between his whining about divine hymn and potential whining about regrowth. Also, despite the benefit of living seed, disc priest flash heal (cough divine aegis cough) is a lot stronger at a lower mana cost, and it procs inspiration, and it reduces weakened soul. Regardless, the point was that different classes are different (hence the second line of my post). Please stop trying to derail this thread into the details of regrowth vs flash heal.
    Last edited by DomBomb1; 2011-03-01 at 05:51 AM.

it does in deed make me /sigh but we are still good healers. no need to whine about what others have
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

That wasn't the point at all. That post was about the analogy between his whining about divine hymn and potential whining about regrowth. Also, despite the benefit of living seed, disc priest flash heal (cough divine aegis cough) is a lot stronger at a lower mana cost, and it procs inspiration, and it reduces weakened soul. Regardless, the point was that different classes are different (hence the second line of my post). Please stop trying to derail this thread into the details of regrowth vs flash heal.
    Tranquility was already better then Divine Hymn before the cooldown reduction. Now it is just ridiculous...

Most of the time I question if I should even bother casting Divine Hymn, or just spam Prayer of Healing.

Tranquility was already better then Divine Hymn before the cooldown reduction. Now it is just ridiculous...

Most of the time I question if I should even bother casting Divine Hymn, or just spam Prayer of Healing.
    Still completely missing (ignoring?) the point... If you want to make your own point, then don't quote me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think divine hymn is better for your mana pool than PoH spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

tranq is druid's only viable oh sh!t spell which can help for heavy group/raid damage, 8mn was too much anyway, 3mn might be a little too low though considering how powerfull it is, tranq cd reduction might come with a healing nerf soon, who knows?

as for DH, it's funny that it combines so well with tranq.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    tranq is druid's only viable oh sh!t spell which can help for heavy group/raid damage, 8mn was too much anyway, 3mn might be a little too low though considering how powerfull it is, tranq cd reduction might come with a healing nerf soon, who knows?

as for DH, it's funny that it combines so well with tranq.
    i agree with you, a cd reduction on tranq will probably bring a nerf on it's healing. at my current gear level i do an average of 250-300k healing in that 10 seconds. by reducing the cool down it just makes druid jobs a whole lot easier on a stabilised raid condition. as for dh combining with tranq, that would be pretty overkill my raid usually stagger them instead of using em together.
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

disc priest flash heal (cough divine aegis cough) is a lot stronger at a lower mana cost, and it procs inspiration, and it reduces weakened soul.
    First off, in competitive raiding a disc priest is only rarely going to be using FH, and Divine Aegis? really? it's a 30% shield that only procs IF WE CRIT which, lets be honest, isn't likely. Also, I personally dont have inspiritation in my disc spec or strength of soul because Im not casting the spells that use those talents, so your comparison is really kinda shit.

Compared to Tranquility.
    no.

They are different spells, cast by different classes. It may not be as effective as tranquility, but its not useless. No one is making the claim that it can restore a raid in the bleakest moments, but it still puts out a decent amount of healing for the mana spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchika View Post
    First off, in competitive raiding a disc priest is only rarely going to be using FH, and Divine Aegis? really? it's a 30% shield that only procs IF WE CRIT which, lets be honest, isn't likely. Also, I personally dont have inspiritation in my disc spec or strength of soul because Im not casting the spells that use those talents, so your comparison is really kinda shit.
    Wow, another person ignoring the context of the post. Did you miss the part where this is a DIRECT COMPARISON to Regrowth? But, I'll bite, I guess. I'm a sucker for bashing idiocy.

All healing priests should be specced for inspiration unless they're literally never healing a tank. See http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-...st_compendium/

You don't take strength of soul because you never cast PW:S and greater heal? What do you do? Spam PoH and penance/PoM on cooldown? inb4 "I'm a raid healer", no you aren't. You're a raid healer with heavy tank support ability. If you aren't supporting the tank healing, then you're doing it wrong. And if you're healing the tank without using greater heal A LOT, you're doing it wrong.

Oh, and by the way, my comparison isn't shit just because you spec wrong. In fact, the comparison is still valid even without inspiration, divine aegis, and strength of soul - as I already stated, flash heal heals for twice as much as regrowth, which dwarfs the effects of living seed and swiftmenability.

My Divine Aegis wants to have a talk wih you. (random fight)

ps. be nice :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I personally dont have inspiritation in my disc spec or strength of soul because Im not casting the spells that use those talents, so your comparison is really kinda shit.
    Lol what? Almost anything procs inspiration and most of our singletarget heals proc SoS, what the hell are you casting? Renew and PWS?

Besides all the off-topic quarreling, There is no doubt that tranq will get nerfed pretty hard healing wise to be able to have a 3min CD (at least 20% reduction in healing output). If PW:B got nerfed, I expect the same thing to to happen to tranq.