Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Compared to Tranquility.

Tranquility heals FIVE people, leaves a decent HoT, and is now on a THREE minute cooldown.
    Divine Hymn heals THREE people, increases healing taken (bleh), and is on an EIGHT minute cooldown.

Really?
    Surprised nobody brought up this ^^
    To be exact this part "Divine Hymn heals THREE people"
    That is an incorrect statement and leads me to believe that this is just a troll post. Divine Hymn heals the 3 lowest persons in a 40 yard radius (standard) and does 12 ticks in total. It will recheck lowest person after each tick. So in best case scenario it will heal 12 low persons (depending on raid health).

Simple fight example: Magmaw 25N i see not 3, not 4, not 5 but 10 people there
    If you want more links let me know :P Also with the buff it gives other people their aoe heal gets a nice buff too

ps, Yes Tranquility is still a better raid heal, but their shields suck
    Last edited by Dujith; 2011-03-01 at 07:47 AM.

I don't think I have ever used greater heal as Disc. 7/13 Heroic 10man, number one horde guild on the server.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith View Post
    Surprised nobody brought up this ^^
    To be exact this part "Divine Hymn heals THREE people"
    That is an incorrect statement and leads me to believe that this is just a troll post. Divine Hymn heals the 3 lowest persons in a 40 yard radius (standard) and does 12 ticks in total. It will recheck lowest person after each tick. So in best case scenario it will heal 12 low persons (depending on raid health).

Simple fight example: Magmaw 25N i see not 3, not 4, not 5 but 10 people there
    If you want more links let me know :P
    Fine.
    Divine Hymn heals three people AT A TIME.
    Tranquility heals five people AT A TIME.
    I guess that was too hard to figure out?

10+ Year Old Account
    After recently trying my hand at Shaman healing, I can say pretty solidly that Druids, Priests and Paladins are miles ahead in terms of healing.
    Seriously whoever heals on that class must be a masochist. No PW: Barrier-esque cooldowns, no divine hymn style nukes, no gaurdian spirit FML buttons, no.. nothing. Just regular heals. D:

Be glad you have divine hymn. I'm glad I do. Try not having anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Different classes are different. Deal with it.
    You make me laugh irl, until Cata was relased (and before) Blizzard has more or less gave everyone a kick.
    or the raid wall were all put on the 3 min CD.
    or again, was given to all dps a self heal

They call this balance, lol
    The classes now are all the same (or very similar) because someone cried. Deal with it.

I guess that was too hard to figure out?
    No, but i still fail too see why you are comparing apples with pears. We have so many different spells that trying to compare these 2 seems a tad pointless. So many fun abilities, throw up a Barrier and cast Divine Hymn and watch those numbers fly.

Divine Hymn is a bit underpowered compared with Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing. A 20% increase would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    Besides all the off-topic quarreling, There is no doubt that tranq will get nerfed pretty hard healing wise to be able to have a 3min CD (at least 20% reduction in healing output). If PW:B got nerfed, I expect the same thing to to happen to tranq.
    I'm actually hoping they buff divine hymn instead. What can I say? I'm an optimistic person.

Edit: in case you think I'm contradicting myself, note that my reasons for wanting a buff to DH is not "it's worse than tranquility", but rather more along the lines of what Zoros said one post above.

The problem is, I don't really feel like Divine Hymn does any more then just using Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing. To be honest, although it is a smart heal, I would rather be healing 5 people at once with Prayer in OH S**T moments.

A boomkin's tranquility hits for more than a Holy priest's Hymm, something has to be wrong if that is the case

Compared to Tranquility.

Tranquility heals FIVE people, leaves a decent HoT, and is now on a THREE minute cooldown.
    Divine Hymn heals THREE people, increases healing taken (bleh), and is on an EIGHT minute cooldown.

Really?
    We have one CD, you have like 5 (might be exaggerating a bit) and there better CD's. All Tranq does is heal, it doesn't reduce damage, it doesn't increase healing received all it does is heal, yes it heals for a crap ton but its also short lived.

Tbh if this is the "Emergency spell" im disappointed cause there missing the whole point, we need a actual damage reduction CD every other healer (except shammy's) have like 3-6 of them.

Divine Hymm just like Tranquility, heals the whole raid not just 3 or 5 people, the heal skips around to the lowest health targets and heals them - to a max of 12 targets - they also heal for about the same 4009 (base) health per tick, druids put a HoT at the end of the channel healing for a additional 343 every 2 sec over 8 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.. Divine Hymm increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 sec. Divine hymm has a 40 yard range, while Tranquility is only 30 (didn't check the range in game that could be wrong) source wowhead

Overall they heal the same, have the same mechanics - The only difference is one class has this for a CD, While the other has quite a few to choose from.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2011-03-01 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    We have one CD, you have like 5 and there better CD's.
    Tell me my 5 aoe healing cd plz

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Tell me my 5 aoe healing cd plz
    Yes that was a poor generalization.

I think the point of the poster above is that Priests excel at burst HPS through various tools, whereas Druid's struggle in that department except for a once per fight cooldown. If the direction Blizzard wants Druids/Shamans to head in is still pure HPS but lacking damage reduction CDs, then it would make sense to give us more of an ability to compete with burst HPS. Whether or not Tranq will get a nerf is yet to be seen, but I personally would love this change to be dropped for a raid or tank CD. (LET ME CAST BARKSKIN ON A TANK)
    Hug thy tree.

Why should the worser AoE healing cd have a longer heal timer?
    Because priests have burst AOE healing whereas druids ONLY HAVE TRANQUILITY? I heard Prayer of Healing didn't exist.

Wild Growth is garbage.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...
    - Shadow Priests get dispersion
    - Holy Priests get Guardian Spirit, essentially a "cheat death"
    - Disc Priests get both Pain Suppression and Power Word Barrier.

I'm okay with Divine Hymn being terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Wild Growth is garbage.
    Wild Growth is not garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    Wild Growth is not garbage.
    Truth. It's a great spell and Druids would be broken right now without it. It's just not a spell that can fill the gap in our burst HPS toolset (or lack thereof).
    Hug thy tree.

If you use Divine Hymn at the right time, its as good as any healing spell. + the 10 % more healing buff after is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Let's see...
    - Shadow Priests get dispersion
    - Holy Priests get Guardian Spirit, essentially a "cheat death"
    - Disc Priests get both Pain Suppression and Power Word Barrier.

I'm okay with Divine Hymn being terrible.
    I have no idea why you've mentioned Dispersion...maybe you should add lines to the test
    But my point is; why blizzard so far has tried to make all classes equal (talking about CD - CC - Utilities) and then change things at random.
    but I am not referring only to this ...raise the damage of 20% and then dropped by 30%
    etc etc

Tranquility hike is likely what Resto is getting for their raid cool down. Wouldn't be surprised if Nature's Swiftness is boosted too though considering Shaman can also benefit from that.

Wild Growth is garbage.
    L

O

L

No.

Disc has 2 CD, one for tank and one for group. Holy priest has one OP cd. All three can be used twice in a fight, then a once per fight Divine hymn as baseline oh shit button (granted, its healing amount s better for 10m than 25m, but 10% healing done and 3 greater heal at once on group isnt neglectable).

Those CDs are unique in the sense as they are essentially tank CDs given to a healer, then used exactly like how a tank utilizes his CD while all other healer's are practically +healing done or divine hymn-like: druid tree form, druid tranquil, pally wings, pally pray, pally guardian, even pally LoH. Shammy doesnt even have one atm.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-03-01 at 09:18 AM.