Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Looks like they gave our battle res to dk's....

Raise Ally has been redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to Rebirth. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.

Did blizzard ever give any reason to what happened to our BR?
    I personally think DK´s are a better fit for a battlerez than locks...

Also, do locks really miss it that much, I mean, you dont get to stop dps to battlerez someone.

Deleted
    Drat. I really wanted to have a more useful combat resurrection on Warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    @Maldias amd Nikkaszal
    Don't know about you guys whenever i used Raise ally on a guild member or a pug during the middle of the battle, they ran up to the boss and use explode, then raged at me for being fail for using the spell. Realize that your making an assumption that the player you raise is good, so it's very situational depending on who you raise. If I raise a person who dies in a raid it's more likely that they are bad and will either die or not use the ghoul properly. If they are a good player and can listen to directions they probably won't die because they know what the hell to do. So the good use of the spell is when the player dies for some unknown reason AND they are good enough to know how to use it which is a rare circumstance. On the matter of the spell being a buff or a nerf, IMO it's a buff simply because 1k dps for a limited period of time is nothing compared to a resurrected player who can then jump back in to the fight.
    Casting it in a PuG is irrelevant - if you're in a group with a person who just explodes for lols even after a whisper macro lets them know the very simple 1-1-1-1-1-2 rotation, then that person is bad and therefore Raise Ally is the least of your worries.

Good players die all the time. Not every death is the fault of the player - they can be killed by another player failing particular mechanics and causing excess raid damage, or healers could be swamped, or they roll a loss on the old RNG dice and just go splat. The point is that NOT using Raise Ally on a player that died means that player does zero damage from then on. Ghouling them, and giving them a chance to smack the boss around a little more, adds more damage than zero for the cost of a single GCD and no resource consumption.

tl;dr Raise Ally is a VERY powerful spell. If people fuck about with it, that's their problem and they should stop being bad. If you're in a guild group and you don't Ghoul dead people after all Brez's are used because you think it'll get wasted - find another guild who aren't retards.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

its not really a buff for DKs its just nerfing a druid ability since it was really nice to have a druid in the group for BR

Quote Originally Posted by Kiso94 View Post
    its not really a buff for DKs its just nerfing a druid ability since it was really nice to have a druid in the group for BR
    The Druid Battle rez remains unchanged...it wasn't nerfed.

Deleted
    I don't think I'm a bad PvE player but if I get ghouled (in heroic dungeons, my friend doesn't waste time on it in raids [really... 1k DPS of a thing that sometimes dies before you can see someone casted it, I don't see how it will save anything]) the first thing I do is run up to the mob and explode.

I hate that spell. I hate how ghoul looks and I hate it's animations. It makes my stomach feel uneasy and I yell at the DK for using it on me :P

And I really don't think it makes me a bad player, still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    locks just have their panties in a bunch because at one point before 4.06 blizzard said they were going to rework soulstone to be an actual battlerez effect over "/cast this on the druid and only on the druid" type spell. and instead DK's got the change that locks were kinda-sorta promised.

in the end druids will still be the best at battle rezing because they apparently can afford the glyph slot to make their brez give 100% hp
    I would like to see the soul stone work with our new fancy never used except for instant soul fires shard mechanic.
    Pre-stone the player you want. They get dead. You can SS Rez OR, you can Shard+SS Rez for more health.

An alternative would be you can SS as many raid members as you want, butthe more you do, the less health/resources they come back with. Only SS one? They come back with 100% (the perk to predicting correctly). SS 2? the one that dies and Rez comes back with 50%. 3? 33% and so on. This way, you aren't changing the core mechanic of prediction, but you're making it more on par with the other b Rez. And the lock could still keep dpsing without pause because the dead would Rez themselves, the lock just gave them the chance to.

15+ Year Old Account
    so soulstone remains useless... it´s fun beeing the class that needs some kind of nostradamusness to play the game propper... set the portal befor you need it, soulsafe the one guy who´s going to die, precast fear to interrupt someones cast...

i sense someone will disagree with my opinion very soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/161839/soulstone

Just gonna leave this here...

I have to say, this makes me extremely happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanoectos View Post

Finally some good news!

Am i the only one that feels like having a battlerez is a useless utility, that is essentially a dps loss?

I see it as a chore i'm not interested in doing.

And you can call me a dps whore np, and i no, i dont pvp as you probably figured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    Am i the only one that feels like having a battlerez is a useless utility, that is essentially a dps loss?

And you can call me a dps whore np, and i no, i dont pvp as you probably figured.
    Well B-Resses have saved many a wipe. You wont be DPSing shit if everyones dead, nor getting any loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post

It is high valuable ability and it can be reason why your RL take in raid you or someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes we are getting one.... cuz we are awsome. thanks blizz <3

Awsome sig made by :Eis
    Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanoectos View Post

YES!!! I missed this post, thanks.

I hope we will still be able to cast it on ourself (i dont have slowfall, but i can soulstone myself and jump of a cliff warlock-style hehe)

/hug Blizzard