Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Barrier is situational as it is, but I don't buy the argument that Blizzard doesn't want us to use it. It's our 31 point talent and wouldn't be in the game if they didn't want us to use it. It's a poorly designed spell as it is requiring people to stack to use it or as a tank cooldown hoping the tank doesn't move. This nerf makes an already poor spell nearly pointless to even pick up, which is sad considering it is a neat spell as well as our 31 point talent. This nerf makes no sense to me.

No one said blizz doesn't want us to use it.

Obviously they want us to use it, however it simply was one of those things you want to stack in current HM. Hopefully blizz actually designs t2 content to be something of interest in terms of how hard it is.

The whole "omg stack for aoe in barrier every minute" thing gets old.

Or my favorite "Omg boss does a raid wide aoe omg ogm"

Can we get some sunwell mechanics back in here? Solarian mechanics please?

Temptest keep mechanics? Black temple?

Raidign was so interesting in BC because of the mechanics, they werent your typical "omg dont stnad in fire" or "ogm gom quick run away from the aoe comin @ u"

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant understand this. At frist Disc was one of the worst specs > they buffed the Shild. Disc was the most OP spec > Increase Manacosts and nerf everything else > Disc should be on a average Lvl. Everything should be fine...but it seems it isnt. > Blizz nerfs disc through the ground.
    Same with frostmage. I was rading pre cata precataprepatch with frost in ICC >nice. Cata Prepatch> awsome. Cata nerfs>nice. Nerf>ok. Nerf> well..errh? Nerf> WTF?

Other classes i like gets hit by the Nerfingbat aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dritharia View Post
    Try to understand one thing. There is nothing happening without a purpose. It is all about pvp. Class is OP in pvp? Nerf it. Who cares about pve when the class is unbalanced in pvp? Surely not Blizz.
    Disc pretty much goes out of mana faster than any other healer, and has the least CC of any of healer and their mobility is lacking as well.

It's a PVE nerf.

So try understanding that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    No one said blizz doesn't want us to use it.

Obviously they want us to use it, however it simply was one of those things you want to stack in current HM. Hopefully blizz actually designs t2 content to be something of interest in terms of how hard it is.

The whole "omg stack for aoe in barrier every minute" thing gets old.

Or my favorite "Omg boss does a raid wide aoe omg ogm"

Can we get some sunwell mechanics back in here? Solarian mechanics please?

Temptest keep mechanics? Black temple?

Raidign was so interesting in BC because of the mechanics, they werent your typical "omg dont stnad in fire" or "ogm gom quick run away from the aoe comin @ u"
    If you want to whine about cataclysm raid mechanics feel free to do it elsewhere.

Regarding your opinion (summarized) 'l2play stop whining' - we will whine whenever we want tyvm. A 31 talent signature spell that defines a spec, that wasn't overpowered to begin with and very situational.. gets nerfed. And nothing in return. Ofcourse people are going to be whinging about it. It's not just about the 5 % decrease in mitigation, it's also the 1 minute increase on cooldown. This essentially means that on a lot of bossfights where it nicely lined up to be used twice to counter various mechanics, you can now only use it once and have to deal with the other part with something else. And here lies the exact problem (from a 10m point of view): The hc modes are tuned around the usage of said cooldowns. Now, my steady 10m raid (only killed halfus, chimaeron and atramedes on hc atm) runs without a warrior, and also no holy paladin. For raidwide mitigation cooldowns we only have 2 things, my power:word barrier, and the protection paladins divine guardian. Both are getting 'nerfed' to 3 minutes and reduced effectiveness, probably to make up for the gain of a raidwide last stand. But ya you guessed it, we don't have a warrior. Our only raidwide cooldowns are both getting nerfed with nothing in return.

That's why I'm whining. Whether its 25m abusing of stacking cooldowns or whatever I don't care, I'm just pissed off at the combination of them nerfing disc further and further little bit by little bit until you just got a broken spec, with messing up 10mans who run with no warrior. (but that's for another thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Yep, several HM's where we had a PW:B/Divine Sac rotation in place suddenly became a lot harder.

/sigh.
    Except for the fact that you have a 3rd cooldown now -- warrior's raid-wide 20% health increase.

You priests did notice that they changed the cooldown on paladins' divine guardian to 3 minutes, right? The new warrior raid cooldown is the reason for both of the nerfs. There's absolutely nothing to be complaining about here.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2011-03-01 at 10:29 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Repo123 View Post
    Disc pretty much goes out of mana faster than any other healer, and has the least CC of any of healer and their mobility is lacking as well.

It's a PVE nerf.

So try understanding that.

I hope you are joking dude, disc priests go oom faster then any other healer?

This has to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Except for the fact that you have a 3rd cooldown now -- warrior's raid-wide 20% health increase.

You priests did notice that they changed the cooldown on paladins' divine guardian to 3 minutes, right? The new warrior raid cooldown is the reason for both of the nerfs. There's absolutely nothing to be complaining about here.
    Lol.... please read my post above yours.

There's absolutely nothing to be complaining about here.
    Nothing to complain about, except that an already unappealing spec is getting its biggest saving grace nerfed.

I'd like a damn increase to my throughput. It sucks. The only time I feel like I'm truly an effective healer as disc is on fucking Ascendant Council where I'm *gasp* shield spamming.

Blizzard is playing with fire : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmxVCM39j4

I really don't understand this nerf, the Barrier was suppoused to be our "avoiding spamming PW:S spell". Talking about PW:S, blizzard please stop nerfing our half-talented-spec-spell

What I dont understand is why one should be disc when Blizz seems hellbent on butchering the spec.... it has less output than holy as it is. Chip away at the perks and what you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    What I dont understand is why one should be disc when Blizz seems hellbent on butchering the spec.... it has less output than holy as it is. Chip away at the perks and what you have?
    Because disc is fun, it's a solid tank healer and it brings valuable utility? I wish blizz would actually take the time to fix the spec correctly, instead of band aid fixes.

"SoS can now reduces weakened soul from another priest." Um, ok, that's nice and all, but seriously? This really isn't a problem, as no one plays disc because it's so... clumbsy.

If blizz want's us to stop spamming PW:S, give us a mobile spell that's actually worth the mana cost.

Right, so let me pick up a warrior always because my class is totally gimped.
    Let's run disc/warr in arena, cause my bubbles are trash and penance hits like a wet noodle, but your warrior cooldown will get us the kills!!!

WeEEeEEeEeE~**~~*~**~*~*~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    All content is doable without it, multiple guilds have killed HM bosses without using barrier at all.
    Multiple people have been driving drunk without causing an accident. By your logic, this means it's not an issue anymore and we should stop whine about drunken drivers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna tease you; but just because I don't necessarily need my pinky to hold a cup of coffee, it's not okay to cut off one centimeter of it. We have this ability, we use this ability, it was fine the way it was, now it's shorter one centimeter. Let us at least ask why.

15+ Year Old Account

Except that PW:B has a very small radius and everyone has to be bunched up.
    Divine Guardian has a ONE HUNDRED YARD radius, of course it has the drawback of not affecting the user but the mechanic you use it for wouldn't kill the tank anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Lol.... please read my post above yours.
    So, your problem is that you don't have a warrior for your heroic 10-man? Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you.

Do you know what the guild I'm in did when we didn't have certain classes for 10-man heroics? We recruited them. We didn't have room for a DK, but we recruited one anyway. When we decided that we needed a disc priest, our 2nd warlock leveled one. And now we simply rotate players for the bosses that they need loot on, if we need to rotate at all.

You're in a 10-man heroic guild... start acting like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosel View Post
    Right, so let me pick up a warrior always because my class is totally gimped.
    Let's run disc/warr in arena, cause my bubbles are trash and penance hits like a wet noodle, but your warrior cooldown will get us the kills!!!

WeEEeEEeEeE~**~~*~**~*~*~
    If 5% off of a damage reduction cooldown is the difference between life and death, you deserve to die. I'm getting tired of PvPers whining about things that barely affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Except that PW:B has a very small radius and everyone has to be bunched up.
    Divine Guardian has a ONE HUNDRED YARD radius, of course it has the drawback of not affecting the user but the mechanic you use it for wouldn't kill the tank anyway.
    A very small radius that we had no problems getting into every single time on a movement heavy part of a movement heavy fight (heroic conclave, stacking for the Nezir platform ultimate). Yeah, I've been running into PW: Barriers for a while now -- the size is not nearly an issue.

People: Realize that some abilities are balanced for raids and other large group activities. Barrier is a raid survivability cooldown and it is being balanced as such. If you don't like it, ask them to remove the warrior cooldown so that it can go back to the way it was.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2011-03-02 at 05:47 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted

People: Realize that some abilities are balanced for raids and other large group activities. Barrier is a raid survivability cooldown and it is being balanced as such. If you don't like it, ask them to remove the warrior cooldown so that it can go back to the way it was.
    FAIL. and complete nonsense.

Tranquility IS a raid and large group activity spell AND its heals for a shitload more than a lousy PW:B "absorbs" and its getting an absurd buff, not talking about them getting a completely NEW CD spell.

There is prolly NONE spell in the game as OP as tranquility if you stack druids, like Paragon did.........

Deleted
    that looked like a qq post, that smelled like a QQ post, that heard like a QQ post, oh wait.... that was a QQ post !

stop whine, Disc are OP as raid healers it is a fact. I play disc because Holy is terribly worst than disc for the moment. I assume that PW:S during 15 sec instead of 30 will be a great change.
    barrier is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Oasy View Post
    that looked like a qq post, that smelled like a QQ post, that heard like a QQ post, oh wait.... that was a QQ post !

stop whine, Disc are OP as raid healers it is a fact. I play disc because Holy is terribly worst than disc for the moment. I assume that PW:S during 15 sec instead of 30 will be a great change.
    barrier is still great.
    Wait what? You're honestly saying Disc is OP and Holy is 'terribly worst' ? Troll is bad troll..

In our 10man we don't have prot paladin, no holy paldin and no warriors ! so this nerf is not justified just because we could stack those clases, we simply don't have them in raid setup