Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO besides being an "i'm tired of spamming incinerate" spell, it's just another CD to keep track of to me. The damage, as noted, is almost identical if not less, and it's "piercing" effect has little to no value- so how is it anything other than a pretty filler right now? It's not.

The spell itself seems to be the biggest issue at the moment- that is evident. Time vs. Cost vs. Quality. Each spell in the arsenal should be good in two of those areas. Cheap and quick but weak (fel flame anyone?), Strong and cheap, but slow (Soulfire?), Quick and strong, but expensive. That's where I feel like CB should be. Quick and Strong, but expensive.

(Not that any of this will ever happen but since we're pretending)

Base Spell
    Current ------------------------------- Proposed
    7% base mana -------------------- 12% base mana
    2.5 sec cast/12 sec CD ------------ 1.5 sec cast/12 sec CD
    X amount of damage ---------------- X + 25% more damage if target is afflicted with immolate (or +50% crit chance if target is under the effects of immo)

Secondary Effects
    Current -------------------------------------------- Proposed
    Pierces through LOL ------------------------------- Actually pierces through stuff (and/or destroys the immunity or shield but delivers no damage?)
    Not affected by SoulBurn ------------------------- Soulburn, adds dispel protection to Immolate for X duration (maybe 10 seconds?)
    Benefits from conflagrate via haste bonus -------- Conflagrate makes next CB Instant but costs X more mana (total of 18% base mana?)

Thoughts?

SIDEBAR: Besides that, how come there still that gap of time between Immo landing and Conflag activating? Am I wrong in throwing a Corruption, or Bane, or Curse during that gap?
    Last edited by casby; 2011-03-03 at 12:35 AM. Reason: owned by formatting
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

Quote Originally Posted by casby View Post
    IMHO besides being an "i'm tired of spamming incinerate" spell, it's just another CD to keep track of to me. The damage, as noted, is almost identical if not less, and it's "piercing" effect has little to no value- so how is it anything other than a pretty filler right now? It's not.

The spell itself seems to be the biggest issue at the moment- that is evident. Time vs. Cost vs. Quality. Each spell in the arsenal should be good in two of those areas. Cheap and quick but weak (fel flame anyone?), Strong and cheap, but slow (Soulfire?), Quick and strong, but expensive. That's where I feel like CB should be. Quick and Strong, but expensive.

(Not that any of this will ever happen but since we're pretending)

Base Spell
    Current ------------------------------- Proposed
    7% base mana -------------------- 12% base mana
    2.5 sec cast/12 sec CD ------------ 1.5 sec cast/12 sec CD
    X amount of damage ---------------- X + 25% more damage if target is afflicted with immolate (or +50% crit chance if target is under the effects of immo)

Secondary Effects
    Current -------------------------------------------- Proposed
    Pierces through LOL ------------------------------- Actually pierces through stuff (and/or destroys the immunity or shield but delivers no damage?)
    Not affected by SoulBurn ------------------------- Soulburn, adds dispel protection to Immolate for X duration (maybe 10 seconds?)
    Benefits from conflagrate via haste bonus -------- Conflagrate makes next CB Instant but costs X more mana (total of 18% base mana?)

Thoughts?

SIDEBAR: Besides that, how come there still that gap of time between Immo landing and Conflag activating? Am I wrong in throwing a Corruption, or Bane, or Curse during that gap?
    I like those ideas, especially the destroying immunities. Personally, I think it should stay the damage now, but just be guaranteed to crit. But if we hit an immunity and break it, deals normal damage (like now, the range of 6-8k)

On the sidebar note, it's perfectly fine, I actually throw up CoE, Immo, Corrup, then conflag

I'm fairly sure that every spec's 31 point talent is supposed to be something neat and defining. Metamorphasis is neat and defining. Haunt is pretty much essential. Guardian spirit for Holy priests is awesome and fun. Shockwave is a really fun ability. So is holding 2 2-handers as a warrior, or bladestorm.

Chaos bolt is an incinerate on a cooldown in pve, and a "Meh" wet noodle in pvp. When was the last time in pvp that you fired off a chaos bolt that pierced through a rogue's cloak of shadows or a priest shield and delivered a killing blow? I can count the number of time that's happened on fingers, and I wouldn't even have to raise fingers to do that.

Give it a 30 second cooldown, make it hit like chimera shot (22-25k crit), actually have it pierce shields, and make it serve a purpose, and chaos bolt becomes a good spell that you cast. That way, you can either use it on rotation in PvE, or you can actually save it in PvE to try to get a kill.

I think they could build an immolate protection into chaos bolt along with a small dot. Exactly like unholy blight from a DK. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49194

i would like CB doing like this:
    dealing X dmg, absorb X healing affect in next Y secs

that would make CB more viable in PVP, but not change pve dmg

Deleted
    To krasgoth that asked about how many times it have pierced a priest shield or a rogue CoS and got a killing blow,
    Just thought i should tell you that it does no longer pierce Cloak of Shadows since that is now a spell "Immunity"...
    I have killed a priest once through a shield now in cata tho! and mages lots of times.
    Also, the idea with the 30 sec cd and more dmg would be awesome.

Deleted
    This is merely a suggestion but as SLhyphy said "Immo needs a dispell protection like, Conflag lights up when Immo is dispelled." it would be a nice change if when Immo is dispelled Conflagrate would go off cd and able to cast without reapplying Immo for the second time (this works only once, as procs for Hot Streak on fire mages).

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking Eloren! I mean, conflag hits for 60% of immo, so it's still less damage than leaving the immo up, but more burst, also, if it crits, it's only 20% more damage than leaving immo up for it's full duration. I think it would be a great change.