Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool The Unbelievable World of Warcraft - [Epicly big image inside]

My mate shared this with me, so i thought i'd post it here

Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet moses

Deleted
    Holy heck, somehow I find it easy to believe all this....

And yet im now startled by its dominance.... No wonder Activion-Blizzard are money grabbers considering how many servers for all their games they need to maintain o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    One thing I have always hated about that is the Audi R8 bit.... cause the car pictured is more similar to a Mercedes SLR McLaren.... definately not an R8 though. Maybe an SL55 amg with a body kit.... idk. Just nitpicking here.
    Last edited by bumrush; 2011-03-01 at 11:09 PM.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

10+ Year Old Account
    1/5 players are female? I call shenanigans!

Some day soon we'll look back it this in amazement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty amazing

How bad is it that after reading all of that my first thought was that way too many people pick human as a race? That people should branch out to other races and be creative.

Second thought was wondering how much time these celebrities spend on WoW. I feel like some of them probably don't play actively, have just tried it once and yet are on this list as shock value.

This originated a while ago, 2009 if I remember correctly.

The statistics were correct (as far as I remember checking the references at the bottom) and it would be interesting to see an updated version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading after I saw 1/5 are females. ( k fine.. I really didn't )

GIRLS DON'T PLAY WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Some day soon we'll look back it this in amazement.
    Some day (Maybe im my life *Shrug*) Petabytes will be common knowledge
    I don't wanna feel old.

But interesting

Is the server upkeep accurate as of today or would much have changed?

15+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately there isn't actually 11.5 Players of this game, Subscriptions, possibly but take a look at these links then maybe repost a more accurate representation of that. it's in 2 parts so read it and realize there isn't 11.5 million players at all.

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/02/a...ed-part-1.html

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/02/a...ed-part-2.html
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    unfortunately there isn't actually 11.5 Players of this game, Subscriptions, possibly but take a look at these links then maybe repost a more accurate representation of that. it's in 2 parts so read it and realize there isn't 11.5 million players at all.

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/02/a...ed-part-1.html

http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/02/a...ed-part-2.html
    The blogger says that there's no way to know the real number, yet you say it with such certainty.

Odd, really.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Chapelle? oh shit... that makes sooooo much sense... why we havnt seen him in forever...hes to busy ganking fools n yelling "IM RICK JAMES BIETCH"

Some of those numbers may well be correct. Others are so far off it's absolutely baffling. WoW does not have anywhere NEAR 62% market share share of the "MMORPG market." Maybe, MAYBE they have a 62% share of the North American market, but there are Chinese games with millions of players out there as well (check the annual reports at Google Finance for companies like Shanda Interactive, NetEase, Changyou, Perfect World, and Gigamedia).
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The blogger says that there's no way to know the real number, yet you say it with such certainty.

Odd, really.
    the numbers may not be 100% accurate but that's probably the best bet you'll get until blizzard give us proper numbers, but the game has no where near as many players as everyone suggests
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    the numbers may not be 100% accurate but that's probably the best bet you'll get until blizzard give us proper numbers, but the game has no where near as many players as everyone suggests
    When Blizzard states 'we have 11.5 million active subscriptions,' they are doing so under penalty of law. The statement is made not to us, the players, but to shareholders. If they lie on such statements, it's considered a federal crime. So I'm more apt to believe Blizzard than a blogger who has little to no credibility.

EDIT: Especially a blogger that's using extrapolated data from addons, anecdotal evidence, and figures that are 'peak number of players' as final numbers. He states that the peak number of players on Chinese servers was around.. 3.2 million? That's not subscriptions, that's people playing at once, and yet, he goes on to treat that as if it accounted for every single Chinese WoW player.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-03-02 at 02:47 AM.

I don't believe that Kate Beckinsale played WoW.

Dayum. That's..
    o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think T actually plays. He's more of an honorary character.

The tiny FF XI slice on the pie chart made me laugh.