Deleted

Atonement PvP spec

Well, title is a bit misleading, but I did not wanted to overload it too much. I kinda need a hybrid PvP spec, since I'll sometimes gonna use it in PvE. Let me explain.

I've been holy for most of the time, but on out first nef attempts I was asked to go disc, since we needed PWB for crackles. Since than I've been playing around with disc here and there, and in 4.0.6 I've finally changed my PvP offspec from holy to disc, the one without atonement. I was not really impressed with it and did not really liked the idea of uncontrollable healing.

But on out halfus HC fights I was asked to respec once again and pick up atonement this try. At the end we ended up killing him with me as holy and I barely healed with smites, but that 6 trash packs and 2 wipes were really fun. Since than I was really itching to get a proper spec and try it more seriously. The problem (aside from overall lack of smite heal guides around) is that I can't spare my offspec for simply experimenting and I don't want to give up my main spec as holy.

As I've said I use my current offspec for pvp, mostly arenas (2's as RP) and in rated BG's as well as I occasionally use it in raids, when we need extra tank healing, need more DPS (PI'ing destro locks all day long ^_^) or simply need a raid CD, but that will only affect my spec in a way that I'll have to pick up PWB glyph. And also, I want to use it for some 5 man healing, since it looks so fun smiting all day long ^_^, but considering my gear, I can do that in almost any spec.

Now that I'm done with this wall of text, the actual question: how do I spec? I was thinking something like this. Skipping Soul Warding 'cause I find it not so useful, not to mention new mana cost on shields. ToT might of been ok, since I'll be smiting a lot, but I just can't find any talents that are worth sacrificing. Borrowed Time had to be cut off since it's ain't such big buff anymore and I needed more points. And going SoL instead of Inspiration since I've noticed it proc kinda often when smite healing ^^

PS, bear with me if there are some typos or something, it's almost half past 5 in the morning here and I'm kinda sleepy.

so far, the only thing you might consider is dropping a few points of Inner Sanctum so that you can spec into ToT.

considering you're looking for a pve/pvp hybrid atonement build, i'd probably be using about the same build.
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2011-03-02 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    don't spec atonement for pvp, its situational at best

mindspike + mindblast > smite + holy fire
    PEWPEW

Deleted
    I've changed it a bit to get some haste and spec'ed it today. Took darkness since I use it to get my 8% haste unbuffed in my PvE gear (reforging all haste to mastery in my holy spec). We'll see how it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot View Post
    don't spec atonement for pvp, its situational at best
    i believe he wanted an atonement build for PvE in the first place, while also using it as a pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I've changed it a bit to get some haste and spec'ed it today. Took darkness since I use it to get my 8% haste unbuffed in my PvE gear (reforging all haste to mastery in my holy spec). We'll see how it will work out.
    The problem with Haste in PvP is that the stat has become so much more expensive compared to Wrath and Discipline Priests cannot sacrifice Spirit for Haste in PvP gear, because you have to think of Spirit as Haste in the way that the better your mana regen, the more Flash Heals you can choose to cast instead of Greater Heal in PvP. Although maintaining a small amount of Haste for Offensive Dispel might be a good idea.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2011-03-03 at 04:47 PM.