Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Non-veiled-at-all-but-still-pointless insult aside, you were using the addon wrong. Plain and simple. You did not configure it properly for it to be useful. And not using mods does not magically make you a "better" or more "pure" player. But please, let's not derail this topic into talking about mods vs. no-mods.

Oh did I say "effectively"? Huh seems like I was talking about using it "effectively as a filler instead of smite". Without the mana savings of ToT, using GHeal as your filler will OOM you pretty fast. That doesn't mean you can't use it during lust or PI or whatever (though, PoH spam is a much better candidate for PI). I do find it interesting that you talk about using GHeal effectively without ToT in terms of output, when ToT isn't even an output increasing talent.

Also, very pro of you to knock mana regen talents like Veiled Shadows. The more mana you have, the more you can spam PW:S and PoH without risking going OOM. Mana regen talents improve your throughput because they let you select higher HPS+lower-HPM spells more often. Knocking Veiled Shadows just shows your ignorance of mana management. It's also pretty funny that you even mention Veiled Shadows when you have exactly 31 points in your discipline tree with AAA. You couldn't even choose Veiled shadows in place of AAA if you wanted to.

yes, please tell the person who has been healing in top guilds for 6+ years how to play.

Kthnx but no, sorry.

I am not KNOCKING, talents like vieled shadows. I am saying, if you are good with mana you don't need it and other talents prove more useful if that is the case.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:32 PM ----------

Non-veiled-at-all-but-still-pointless insult aside, you were using the addon wrong. Plain and simple. You did not configure it properly for it to be useful. And not using mods does not magically make you a "better" or more "pure" player. But please, let's not derail this topic into talking about mods vs. no-mods.

Oh did I say "effectively"? Huh seems like I was talking about using it "effectively as a filler instead of smite". Without the mana savings of ToT, using GHeal as your filler will OOM you pretty fast. That doesn't mean you can't use it during lust or PI or whatever (though, PoH spam is a much better candidate for PI). I do find it interesting that you talk about using GHeal effectively without ToT in terms of output, when ToT isn't even an output increasing talent.

Also, very pro of you to knock mana regen talents like Veiled Shadows. The more mana you have, the more you can spam PW:S and PoH without risking going OOM. Mana regen talents improve your throughput because they let you select higher HPS+lower-HPM spells more often. Knocking Veiled Shadows just shows your ignorance of mana management. It's also pretty funny that you even mention Veiled Shadows when you have exactly 31 points in your discipline tree with AAA. You couldn't even choose Veiled shadows in place of AAA if you wanted to.
    You should be using inner focus for PoH. :/ if you aren't you are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    How would you know, you haven't even killed normal magmaw?
    Now you're just straight trolling.

I never said there wouldn't be people with missing health did I?

I said guaging your actions off of mods is pointless and shows you have no inherit skill/ability to play your class.

Who are you to tell me thats not even close to true on heroic 25 mans. I have seen 9 of the encounters on heroic, I think I know how health bars work dude.

I said "The majority of the raid if not all of it will have an estimated healing bar on their health bar."

Where the HELL did you pick up I said people would be at full health all the time? You are infuriatingly stupid.
    You said the mod would be all lit up. Frankly, my mod is only "all lit up" whenever everyone has 100% health incoming. So like I said like 5 times now, you were using the mod wrong. My health bars don't show current health. They show FUTURE HEALTH accounting for all incoming heals for the next 2 seconds. So no, you DON'T KNOW how my health bars work since you've clearly stated several times that this mod confused the hell out of you.

That is what we are trying to explain to them, but they are the mindless facerolling bubble bots who think they are good cause they can pad meters with unused shields.

They think that's the only effective way for a priest to heal, and refuse to accept any other method.
    Please, stop posting. Your pathetic elitism really isn't getting your point across as well as you think it is. If you actually had some manners this thread would have ended about five pages ago with both sides agreeing that they prefer their own method but that the do not think the other method is useless. But instead in every single post you insult whoever you reply to, goading them into trying to keep retorting.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Again, you're using the mod wrong and/or not configuring it properly. Just because everyone has an incoming heal incoming, does not mean that they all have ENOUGH incoming heals. Seeing the difference between a half full bar, a 3/4 full bar, and a full full bar, is the difference between landing a 30k heal on someone who is at 100% and someone who is at 50%.
    Dude seriously give up. No one cares what you say at this point, im reading the first few words of your post then replying, I don't even care about the rest of the garbage you spew out.

I am aware of how to use the mod, I don't like it. it's too much spam on my grid and i obviously do just fine without it.

That's not even close to true in normal or heroic 25 mans. There will almost always be SOMEONE with a bar that isn't full. In the rare cases when that's not true, you can still cast a heal on a tank and likely not have it go to waste (and cancel it if it will go to waste).
    If you don't heal someone because you see they're getting an incoming heal, in a situation where everyone is taking sporadic damage, it could backfire because half way through that one person's incoming heal, said healer casting the heal, gets their cast interrupted or delayed, said person being targeted gets hit again and is dead. It's like a double edged sword, also incoming heals being added to the default UI is recent, it hasn't always been there it's just one of the things blizzard absorbed from the many addon authors. It's just like how, you didn't need grid to be a good healer the old default raid UI was fine. Not using an extra feature doesn't make you bad. (But I'm going off topic now...)

We're using absolutes again, there is no "This is the way it MUST be done", sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's a crutch, sometimes it's bad. Heals, addons, everything. Sometimes I really should use mindspike to stop my dots, but sometimes I want to do a bit more damage then everyone else. :\ (Don't tell anyone I said that! shhhhh >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle
    In a top guild, almost every single health bar is going to have incoming healing on it. The mod is worthless and you shouldn't be judging your actions based on it at all.
    So you should spam wildly, instead of tracking who has HoTs, who is low health but having high incoming healing, simply because "Damage is incoming"?

No. You have heal assignments, but RNG willing, sometimes people are overwhelmed in their assignment and other people sit on their ass waiting. During that time, perfect opportunity to cross heal. But how does one cross-heal? They Triage, focusing on who needs the healing, what kind of healing, and how much of it/how soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle
    I don;t know if maybe im misreading this part, but communicating every heal on vent? The hell are you talking about.
    The only way to share that much information between people without using a dedicated channel in Vent, using either phantoms or keybinds, is by looking at what's presented to you. Using little colored dots on the corners or side indicators for Grid, showing who has HoTs on them and which ones, for example, allows you to remove HoTs being tracked by "estimated healing intake" so you can focus on burst healing, making sound judgements on who that second is actually being healed, and how much each person still needs. Because, once that comes into play, it's pretty impossible to have 25 green lights filling Grid, unless you're running 5 Priests and the only thing they're doing is spamming Prayer on dedicated groups.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Please, stop posting. Your pathetic elitism really isn't getting your point across as well as you think it is. If you actually had some manners this thread would have ended about five pages ago with both sides agreeing that they prefer their own method but that the do not think the other method is useless.
    How is that elitism? By promoting another playstyle people refuse to accept? Even though it countless times has been proven effective?

I am not KNOCKING, talents like vieled shadows. I am saying, if you are good with mana you don't need it and other talents prove more useful if that is the case.[COLOR="red"]
    or you could take veiled shadows and you could spend more of your mana. Like I already said. Choose higher HPS spells that have lower HPM. What part of that don't you understand?

You should be using inner focus for PoH. :/ if you aren't you are a fool.
    If you're suggesting I should save inner focus rather than use it on cooldown, you, sir, are the fool. Oh but that's right you don't take ToT, so using it as soon as it's off cooldown isn't as important. Who's knocking something they haven't tried here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So you should spam wildly, instead of tracking who has HoTs, who is low health but having high incoming healing, simply because "Damage is incoming"?

No. You have heal assignments, but RNG willing, sometimes people are overwhelmed in their assignment and other people sit on their ass waiting. During that time, perfect opportunity to cross heal. But how does one cross-heal? They Triage, focusing on who needs the healing, what kind of healing, and how much of it/how soon?

The only way to share that much information between people without using a dedicated channel in Vent, using either phantoms or keybinds, is by looking at what's presented to you. Using little colored dots on the corners or side indicators for Grid, showing who has HoTs on them and which ones, for example, allows you to remove HoTs being tracked by "estimated healing intake" so you can focus on burst healing, making sound judgements on who that second is actually being healed, and how much each person still needs. Because, once that comes into play, it's pretty impossible to have 25 green lights filling Grid, unless you're running 5 Priests and the only thing they're doing is spamming Prayer on dedicated groups.

COuld you please stop making shit up that I don't say? I mean seriously, are you that pathetic and wanting to prove me wrong that you have to make up things that I don't say?

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:36 PM ----------

Please, stop posting. Your pathetic elitism really isn't getting your point across as well as you think it is. If you actually had some manners this thread would have ended about five pages ago with both sides agreeing that they prefer their own method but that the do not think the other method is useless. But instead in every single post you insult whoever you reply to, goading them into trying to keep retorting.
    When are you also going to contribute to the thread and not go off topic?

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:37 PM ----------

or you could take veiled shadows and you could spend more of your mana. Like I already said. Choose higher HPS spells that have lower HPM. What part of that don't you understand?

If you're suggesting I should save inner focus rather than use it on cooldown, you, sir, are the fool. Oh but that's right you don't take ToT, so using it as soon as it's off cooldown isn't as important. Who's knocking something they haven't tried here?
    You shouldn't be spamming greater heals either. Thats about as overkill as it gets.

How is that elitism? By promoting another playstyle people refuse to accept? Even though it countless times has been proven effective?
    You would like examples?

Dude seriously give up. No one cares what you say at this point, im reading the first few words of your post then replying, I don't even care about the rest of the garbage you spew out.
    Again, you don't know what you are talking about or you wouldn't have said this.
    Thats exactly what I said... holy god please learn to read.

I stated, top guilds won't need to worry about overhealing because everyone knows what they are doing. Therefor it will be minimized. God you are dumb.

In fact, try reading over any post you have made in this thread, it would probably be quicker than me quoting everything at you. Insulting other people and telling them that they are dumb and do not know how to heal doesn't help get your point across.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Kel, you obviously are raged enough to just start putting words into my mouth and assume things. Which is clearly the only way you know how to react.

You don't need to spam vent with "IM HEALING X" IM HEALING X" ect.

You honestly think paragon goes through that much trouble to down content?

Absolutley not, they just know their classes and play them well. Stop replying on mods.

Deleted
    Again, you're using the mod wrong and/or not configuring it properly. Just because everyone has an incoming heal incoming, does not mean that they all have ENOUGH incoming heals. Seeing the difference between a half full bar, a 3/4 full bar, and a full full bar, is the difference between landing a 30k heal on someone who is at 100% and someone who is at 50%.
    You sir need some sleep cause right now, in my comprehension, I just find it that you are out flying on pink clouds and that you just didn't had sex. ( It's a joke so..... Quoted Akon: I just had sex? ) - Aside from my lame insult, the mod doesn't meddle with how we comprehend it, it provides us the visual part that: Oh, his health got an incoming heal with xx amount ( whether it be in bar texture or text texture ).

And I just got confused myself by trying to understand you. I guess I didn't just had sex too - o.O

You would like examples?

In fact, try reading over any post you have made in this thread, it would probably be quicker than me quoting everything at you. Insulting other people and telling them that they are dumb and do not know how to heal doesn't help get your point across.

That's not elitism, it's stating the obvious in an angered way.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    If you don't heal someone because you see they're getting an incoming heal, in a situation where everyone is taking sporadic damage, it could backfire because half way through that one person's incoming heal, said healer casting the heal, gets their cast interrupted or delayed, said person being targeted gets hit again and is dead. It's like a double edged sword, also incoming heals being added to the default UI is recent, it hasn't always been there it's just one of the things blizzard absorbed from the many addon authors. It's just like how, you didn't need grid to be a good healer the old default raid UI was fine. Not using an extra feature doesn't make you bad. (But I'm going off topic now...)

We're using absolutes again, there is no "This is the way it MUST be done", sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's a crutch, sometimes it's bad. Heals, addons, everything. Sometimes I really should use mindspike to stop my dots, but sometimes I want to do a bit more damage then everyone else. :\ (Don't tell anyone I said that! shhhhh >_>)
    If I don't heal someone else instead of the one with the full-incoming-bar, then it could backfire and THEY could die. It's a hell of a lot more likely that the person at 20k life with no incoming heals is gonna die than the person at 20k life with 40k incoming heals. It's about choosing the most likely target in need of your heal. Someone who is about to get a heal from someone else is not likely to need your heal as much as someone who isn't, even given the possibility of a heal getting interrupted. (Note: HOTS don't on the person show up as incoming heals, and they don't get interrupted :-p)

And it's not that incoming heals were recently added to the default UI. It's that automatically communication of heals from you to my addons was recently added. This makes incoming healing meters that much more effective and useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is out of control.

Please respond without bashing other posters, either their progression, intelligence, or choice of mods.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines