Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

1% Spell Reflect meta gems

I was in arena a few days ago, and fighting against a ret paladin.
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    If not, how about just for arenas..

get owned by rng

theyve chosen to gem an RNG gem for lucky wins i dont see a problem...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    All was going well and we were about to get the kill when my death coil was reflected... it cost us the kill and eventually they won.
    It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match. Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    a 1% chance to reflect,he got lucky with it going off at that moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    theyve chosen to gem an RNG gem for lucky wins i dont see a problem...
    Give me an example of another non class-specific item or ability that relies on RNG which can be used in arena?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point of gems if they dont give you a better chance to win?
    Its the same with gear, classes, weapons or spell, if no one had any of them, there whould not be any win or lose :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Spell Reflect is for Spell Reflect. He chose THAT particular gem for THAT particular effect, losing something else. Live with it.

Couldn't they possibly change this to only reflect damaging spells/non CCing spells?
    Death Coil deals damage, whether it's a warlocks or a death knights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Its the same with gear, classes, weapons or spell, if no one had any of them, there whould not be any win or lose :P
    1% of damaging spells reflected would still give them a better chance to win.
    Reflecting an 8 second fear/polymorph seems unfair given that they don't put any effort into reflecting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    I don't think it's quite the same. Their used to enhance your characters performance, not add more RNG.

And what if instead, in another game, that same Ret got someone down to 1000 HP but then got healed back up and cost the game.

Only if he had a 3% crit damage meta.

Durr?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    Death Coil deals damage, whether it's a warlocks or a death knights.
    I meant warlock death coil.
    And i said damaging spells or non CCing spells

I meant warlock death coil.
    And i said damaging spells or non CCing spells
    And it is still a damaging spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    but then you could go down the road of asking blizz to prevent shammies using grounding totem in arena.... where would it stop??
    on the other side of the coin, theyve chosen to use a gem that will not reflect a spell for the other 99% of rng....
    sounds to me like yr just pissed cos you lost....
    Time is Eternal.... Thankfully Blonde moments are over quickly!
    Signature by Mystyka

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I've seen threads about this before, but maybe it's just deja vu. This gem kicks massive amounts of ass and always seems to come through when you need it most. It doesn't need a nerf. You have the choice to use it too if you want to, just like everyone else. My advice? Use it!

If you think its good, then use it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I´ve had it all through Cataclysm and I´ve seen it proc twice. And yes, I played alot of PvP.
    Must be some bad luck man. I have the poopiest luck in everything else but it seems to pay off when using this gem because it procs all the time for me and most of the time it's reflecting something handy like a cc or nuke.

Was me against a ret paladin in a arena, only us left.
    Started of by reflecting my Paralyzis getting me rooted to proceed to reflect my disarm fear a cupple of secconds later, was about then I left the PvPing to my warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think about it, I'm sure there are countless arena matches that would have turned out differently if someone's meta gem didn't prevent a full stun/fear/root or the critical heal effect gave just enough extra heal to save the kill. It's just that you don't see an actual manifestation of it, so it seems more natural.

Also, you're statement is false.

"It just seems pretty unfair that a passive gem can determine which team wins an arena match."

The gem didn't determine who won in this particular instance. You said "eventually they won", meaning that you could have still won. Eventually meaning there was an unspecified amount of time.

Give me an example of another non class-specific item or ability that relies on RNG which can be used in arena?
    He doesn't rely on it, when it procs, its just like an added bonus, just like when I crit I get the 3% damage bonus on the spell from my meta.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.