Fury Warrior DPS - Am I Doing it Wrong?

Hi, I'v been browsing forums for awhile, and now I think its time to take a more direct path in improving my warrior.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/snowmountain/advanced

This is the setup I'm going with atm. On a test dummy, I'm doing ~16k, going from deathwish to start, and deathwish back up to finish.

I pop cds going in. (DW, Recklessness, Inner Rage, Troll Berserking Racial) and can hit about 22k-24k dps, which quickly declines as the fight progresses.

My rotation is -> Cs / bt / rb / bt / free cd. (cs > slam > bs)
    I do heroic strikes whenever i have 75+ rage, or with battle trance.

I think i'm clearly doing something wrong, because many less geared fury warriors are boasting larger numbers.

I have a couple questions right off the bat thou.

1) Rotation is bt/rb/bt. What do I do during the RB gcd when I dont have enrage, and Berserker Rage is not up? ATM i'm using slams if I have proc, or straight up heroic strikes.
    2) Im using LTS, and CW, but I also have a the alchemy strength trinket. Is that a better option for either of those trinkets?

Gladly Accepting all advice!
    Thank you!

shameless self bump

Quote Originally Posted by snowmountain View Post
    shameless self bump
    Looks good to me.

Simulationcraft shows ~22k dps with full raid buffs, so I suspect you're pretty close.

It does suggest (according to how I"m reading it,) your priority should be:

CS > RB > Execute > BT > Slam

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by garrotte View Post
    Looks good to me.

Simulationcraft shows ~22k dps with full raid buffs, so I suspect you're pretty close.

It does suggest (according to how I"m reading it,) your priority should be:

CS > RB > Execute > BT > Slam

Good luck.
    This is wrong.
    The priority you were using is the right one.

CS > BT > RB > Slam

in execute phase:

Exe if Executioner is fading (2secs) > CS > Exe to 5 stack of Executioner > BT > RB > Slam > Execute

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Rotation is bt/rb/bt. What do I do during the RB gcd when I dont have enrage, and Berserker Rage is not up? ATM i'm using slams if I have proc, or straight up heroic strikes.
    you got 4 sources of enrage effects:
    berserker rage
    death wish
    recklessness
    and the enrage thing from white hits.

if the last isn't up and all other three are on CD... bad luck, nothing you can do about it. I'm just using HS's as replacement, because something>nothing, but when there's no enrage, then there's no raging blow.

oh and don't make the mistake to bind BR to RB as I do. you're gonna use it when you don't have to and you won't have it ready when you need to. bad experience tells me that this isn't good.

I suspect that you cant maintain a perfect rotation for the whole fight.

Fury warrior DPS is like a clock. BT every 3 seconds. Until execute phase. BT/RB/BT. You need to be able to have a perfect GCD managment. Never, ever delay BT. Even for CS. The only reason you could delay BT is for Cooldown usage.

Do not abuse HS, especially if it leads you to rage starvation !
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    you got 4 sources of enrage effects:
    berserker rage
    death wish
    recklessness
    and the enrage thing from white hits.

if the last isn't up and all other three are on CD... bad luck, nothing you can do about it. I'm just using HS's as replacement, because something>nothing, but when there's no enrage, then there's no raging blow.

oh and don't make the mistake to bind BR to RB as I do. you're gonna use it when you don't have to and you won't have it ready when you need to. bad experience tells me that this isn't good.
    i usually pop recklessness + death wish for max burst potential.. am i doing that wrong? should i pop them seperately for max rb up time?

thanks!

Deleted
    Last i checked Recklessness was not an enrage.

lol you do more than me, I pull about 13.5 on dummies and i have more gear than you. woooo, however i am SMF and apparently bad at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. I put out 14k on training Dummy with 358 itemlvl as a Fury Warrior but i do much more at some Boss Fight. I just dont like the Dummy xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    Awesome. I put out 14k on training Dummy with 358 itemlvl as a Fury Warrior but i do much more at some Boss Fight. I just dont like the Dummy xD
    Raid buffs can help, you know :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    I do heroic strikes whenever i have 75+ rage, or with battle trance.
    Well I personally do heroic strike when above +50 rage, but I'm single minded fury so you know I attack faster, get rage faster. But Imo, doing heroics strikes at +60 should be better for TG, waiting for the 75 it's kinda too much waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Well I personally do heroic strike when above +50 rage, but I'm single minded fury so you know I attack faster, get rage faster. But Imo, doing heroics strikes at +60 should be better for TG, waiting for the 75 it's kinda too much waiting.
    why? you get rage sooo slowly, except for some encounters with lot of enviromental damage... also, you will nomore get like 50 rage with 2 swings.

too much hit, and not enough mastery
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalvengyr/orcandbeans/simple[/url]
    i burst like 25-6k and maintain around 17.5-6
    obviously more in with raid buffs and such.