Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

(Possible) Legendary Staff - Preview

(Possible) Legendary Staff - Preview
    A few forum threads appeared on the forums (nice work on Datamining the legendary staff!), people asked me tons of questions, it's time to try to do a preview of the legendary staff!

Disclaimer
    This is not an official preview, the whole post could just be speculation going wrong. There is definitely a lot of data available and it's definitely enough to assume that this is indeed the legendary staff but unless you hear it from a blue poster, anything I post could be a giant lie.

In any case, nothing is official, nothing is final, this is just data from a test server.

Weapon Model
    The staff has 3 models and we can assume that it will be upgraded through multiple quests/events like Shadowmourne. The upgraded is much more visible than with Shadowmourne and it looks like you will even add parts to your staff at some point.

Click the picture to see all 3 versions of the staff

Icons
    The staff seems to have a lot of icon, hints of various stages of construction/quest.

Icon Name Icon Name
    INV_Arcane_Orb INV_Flaming_Splinter
    INV_Staff_Branch INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03_Stage1
    INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03_Stage2 INV_Stave_2H_FirelandsRaid_D_03

Quests
    A couple of quests added in the patch seems to be related to the staff. Most importantly, it seems that the questline is heavily tied to the Keepers of Time.

A Legendary Engagement / A Legendary Engagement
    Objective - Speak to Anachronos in the Caverns of Time.
    Description - I expected that I would find you here, . But then, we of the bronze flight have somewhat of an advantage when it comes to such things.

*Coridormi smiles.*

For reasons unknown to me, my master seeks audience with you. I would counsel you not to take this invitation lightly, . Anachronos seldom has cause to interact with mortals. Wisdom would dictate that you seek him out in the Caverns of Time at once.

Speak to me when you are ready and I shall personally deliver you.

A Wrinkle in Time
    Objective - Speak to Anachronos in the Caverns of Time to witness the future of Azeroth.
    Description - Listen carefully, , for though we are only beginning, time already grows short and the consequences of our failure are unfathomable. An event in the recent past has been obscured from my vision by the most powerful of magics. Its impact, however, has not.

If action is not taken to change the course of this timeline's future, the outcome is clear. Brace yourself, mortal, and behold the future of Azeroth.

All-Seeing Eye
    Objective - Collect 25 Living Embers from Firelands and 3 Sands of Time.
    Description - I perceive the questions that burn within your mind and I must confess that I share in your uncertainty... a rare position for one such as I, and a most unsettling one. As I scour time to find traces of this obscured event, you must aid me in the creation of an Eye, both to test your worthiness, and to provide an essential tool in the unraveling of this mystery.

Venture into the Plane of Fire, , and gather Living Embers. Bring them to me with Sands of Time and I will create the Eye.

On a Wing and a Prayer
    Objective - Bring the Timeless Eye to Coldarra.
    Description - Time well spent, mortal.

While you were struggling in the Plane of Fire, my watchers and I were able to determine where and, most importantly, when our vision was obscured. We have discovered that the shroud was placed over the Nexus, far to the north in the realm of the blue dragonflight.

I have attuned the Timeless Eye to show you the occurrences that remain hidden to us here. Go at once to Coldarra and search out a place suitable for the Eye's activation.

Travel well, friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Data mining FTW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This actually does not seem that difficult to obtain given from the quests as of yet. But this is probably due to lack of data on the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    am i the only person who is more excited about what future he shows you than the staff itself? lol

Deleted
    if this is a healer staff i will probily chop something off

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks damn close as questline for shadowmorne---collect 25 Living embers. Yea right -- i bet the price for 1 will be 30k gold at start.

Truthfully it looks pretty unimpressive sadly.

Deleted
    I take it this means the name for a cinematic that was found in the files is also tied to this.

Can't wait to see more! GJ Boub, dpswhore & co.

I like the look of the staff. Hopefully the stats and proc clearly say "Caster DPS" dont wanna go through the discussion if a healer could eventually use it too . If its clearly a dps staff we dont have to discuss that and dont have to take the qq.

Deleted
    Anyone else massively underwhelmed by this thing? Too short and kinda dull looking? :/

Deleted
    great work , as usual, and while you disclaim it as unsure , i think we can conclude it must be the legendary ....even if not the models/icons , but that quest line at least ^_^

p.s. 25 living embers, our resident lock will hate me -> mission accomplished ! Muhahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Anyone else massively underwhelmed by this thing? Too short and kinda dull looking? :/
    Looks more like a mace than a staff to me -.-

add a sword and play Gandalf maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapfreeze View Post
    This actually does not seem that difficult to obtain given from the quests as of yet. But this is probably due to lack of data on the staff.
    Flaming splinters are listed as being part of the staff yet no quest currently in boubs post mentions them.

Assumedly this would be the same as shadowfrost shards or the splinters from Atiesh. That is to say they drop from raid bosses.
    25-50% chance on normal mode
    50-75% on heroic mode.

Or whatever the drop rate was for shadowfrost shards.

Pretty sure Atiesh's splinters were 100% droprate. (wasn't around in vanilla.)
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-03-03 at 09:07 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

gives me a very torchlight esk vibe, which is good.
    feels timeless and powerful.
    but seems more like something you would use to peer into the infinite rather then conjure the arcane forces.

Even if it's not the legendary Staff. It looks awesome! I like all 3 stages. Too bad I don't PvE anymore and that I don't have a caster :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Pretty sure Atiesh's splinters were 100% droprate. (wasn't around in vanilla.)
    They werent

Great work, thanks for sharing!

Staff looks amazing, and now finally caster dps won't complain..

15+ Year Old Account
    Speculation: I bet it is a "pre-CoT" questline tie-in to introduce players to the War of the Ancients raid which will probably end up being the patch after Firelands. Don't get me wrong - it's also the legendary chain, but it serves both purposes for Blizzard.

Just like 4.0 introduced us to the Firelands in Hyjal, this will introduce us to CoT before the raid.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-03 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's almost assuredly just a "pre-CoT" questline tie-in to introduce players to the War of the Ancients raid which will probably end up being the patch after Firelands.

Just like 4.0 introduced us to the Firelands in Hyjal, this will introduce us to CoT before the raid.
    Really? A quest where you spend 9000 gold? :P