Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's almost assuredly a "pre-CoT" questline tie-in to introduce players to the War of the Ancients raid which will probably end up being the patch after Firelands. Don't get me wrong - it's also the legendary chain, but it serves both purposes for Blizzard.

Just like 4.0 introduced us to the Firelands in Hyjal, this will introduce us to CoT before the raid.
    Hm a simple questline like that would require us to spend 9k gold + possible ~100-200k gold for the Ambers? I dont think that could be true. Or am i misunderstanding your post?

It does look like a reused shadowmourn quest line, but I SO CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!

Looking good, especially the lore parts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Really? A quest where you spend 9000 gold? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Hm a simple questline like that would require us to spend 9k gold + possible ~100-200k gold for the Ambers? I dont think that could be true. Or am i misunderstanding your post?
    Speculation: No, it's the Legendary quest chain. You spend a huge amount of money and time and whatever else and get a legendary.

However, it's probably like the TBC stuff at the same time - you are going into the Firelands to introduce you to the Caverns of Time storyline for a future raid. The quests are almost assuredly referring to the War of the Ancients.

I'll be very surprised if those "visions" are not about the War of the Ancients in one way or another, and then we'll see it in the patch after the Firelands, probably.

Edited to show speculation and for other things.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-03 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Nice, another legendary that will become outdated in the next tier and make people gquit the same instant they get it.

Deleted
    So there will be a new mine?? For living embers?
    So prospecing pyrite ores wont give epic gems?

So first part "might" be like shadowedge for casters.....WOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stingern View Post
    if this is a healer staff i will probily chop something off
    Well, if they intend it to be a DPS staff only they should just add a proc on damage modifier, if not, by then, I think spirit will be of lesser value then it is currently, and it might be good for both roles.

hopefully the staffs stats will make up for the fact staffs suck and provide much less stat bonus than main hand offhand combo with same weap enchat value on weapon plus bonus enchant on offhand. i'm sure they will though, guess blizz did find a way to make us actually use a staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    So first part "might" be like shadowedge for casters.....WOOT!!!
    I -HOPE- that all classes can see the first vision at least. Otherwise, that would be pretty lame.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I -HOPE- that all classes can see the first vision at least. Otherwise, that would be pretty lame.
    Yeah, i can't wait for more info to be datemined... /pray for a other ptr patch tomrow

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Well, if they intend it to be a DPS staff only they should just add a proc on damage modifier, if not, by then, I think spirit will be of lesser value then it is currently, and it might be good for both roles.
    Pretty easy to sort that out. Your offensive spells have chance to.....

Since other than the occasional smite or sa similar ability to generate a bit of mana, most healers won;t be using offensive spells.

That or put hit on it. Pretty sure healers don't need hit.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I am disappoint.

Looks like a lowbie quest reward. WTB actual metalwork.

15+ Year Old Account
    That seems a little expensive. 9000 gold plus the overly inflated cost of living embers until 4.2 content patch. Sure some people find it easy to get gold capped but I'm only sitting on around 30k gold and don't increase by much since I'm not good at playing the AH and don't have the patience to farm to make selling decks a worthwhile gold earner.

Like how we HOPED we could get the end quest items when really it goes the the DK who "might" give them out.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

The staff looks amazing! I don't know how people could say it looks dull. I am a huge fan of the caverns of time stuff so I would work my ass off to get this staff legendary or not.
    Afk= Attack, fight, kill! teh healer tellin u to kill monsters!

OOM= out of mobs, go pull more

Quote Originally Posted by Sickric View Post
    The staff looks amazing! I don't know how people could say it looks dull. I am a huge fan of the caverns of time stuff so I would work my ass off to get this staff legendary or not.
    I think in terms of style, it looks pretty neat, the problem for me is that it's so short. That's not really a 'staff' that's a 'baton'.

Deleted
    Looks like i'm gonna be skint if I can get this