Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    No, it's the Legendary quest chain. You spend a huge amount of money and get a legendary.

However, it's like the TBC stuff at the same time - you are going into the Firelands to introduce you to the Caverns of Time storyline for a future raid. The quests are almost assuredly referring to the War of the Ancients.

I'll be VERY surprised if those "visions" are not about the War of the Ancients in one way or another, and then we'll see it in the patch after the Firelands, probably.
    The quests reference the recent past. While yes recent can mean a long time to dragons that guard time itself. Also it references the event that is shrouded having taken place at the nexus. The nexus is related to the blue dragonflight, and no blues were previously known to be major players in the war of the ancients. Except for of course the forging of the demon/dragon soul. The only thing in the quests that could be refering to the war of the ancients is the fact it has to do with Keepers of time, and the fact that it takes you to a spot that is related to the blue dragon flight.

Given the fact that it is steps taking place in the firelands raid, it is likely something that relates to the return of ragnoros instead of the war of the ancients. Blizzard wouldn't be so stupid as to create a legendary that has more to do with the next tier of content then the one you have to spend time doing just to experience the legendary quest chain.

Also it is hardly "spend a huge amount of money and get a legendary" since there is just as much collect steps as shadowmourne.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Given the fact that it is steps taking place in the firelands raid, it is likely something that relates to the return of ragnoros instead of the war of the ancients. Blizzard wouldn't be so stupid as to create a legendary that has more to do with the next tier of content then the one you have to spend time doing just to experience the legendary quest chain.
    Err... that's exactly what they did with Atiesh, actually. Atiesh had far more ties to Karazhan than Naxxramas (not to mention its on use ability was opening a portal to Kara, a dungeon that wasn't released until the following expansion).

Lol at the people complaining about it already.

I think it looks badass. Lots of detail, would look great on anyone's back. I'm a fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Err... that's exactly what they did with Atiesh, actually. Atiesh had far more ties to Karazhan than Naxxramas (not to mention its on use ability was opening a portal to Kara, a dungeon that wasn't released until the following expansion).
    A different design from an entirely different period of philosophies blizzard employed for game design.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    A different design from an entirely different period of philosophies blizzard employed for game design.
    It's still a very valid point - a staff created from a quest related to time problems from the bronze dragonflight in an expansion where we were told we were getting a Caverns of Time raid when the last legendary staff also had more lore tie-ins with its followup raid (Naxx - Kara)?

It's at least possible and is very suspicious, especially in an expansion will so many Vanilla lore themes - they could definitely try the same legendary trick.

Also it is hardly "spend a huge amount of money and get a legendary" since there is just as much collect steps as shadowmourne.
    Well, technically the Flaming Splinters quest hasn't been added yet, but you get my point. I'm not trying to talk about the difficulty of it. I'm just trying to say that is a legendary quest with a lore-in to the next raid.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-03 at 10:04 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

im almost tempted to buy gold for this... almost...god im so broke only 2000g...

In regards to the quests and visions surrounding it, I'm thinking it has something to do with Malygos' "death". It was a recent event that happened at the Nexus that people have already speculated might have something deeper to it. Maybe someone has some purpose for Maly and want everyone else to continue believing him dead, and so have altered or obscured time to hide the fact that he survived. Obviously just speculation, but it was what I thought of when I read it.

Lovely^^ (10 chars at least)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytnim View Post
    In regards to the quests and visions surrounding it, I'm thinking it has something to do with Malygos' "death". It was a recent event that happened at the Nexus that people have already speculated might have something deeper to it. Maybe someone has some purpose for Maly and want everyone else to continue believing him dead, and so have altered or obscured time to hide the fact that he survived. Obviously just speculation, but it was what I thought of when I read it.
    It's definitely possible, but I hope not.

The "lolsetback" and "recycledcontent" people will have a field day.

It's still a very valid point - a staff created from a quest related to time problems from the bronze dragonflight in an expansion where we were told we were getting a Caverns of Time raid when the last legendary staff also had more lore tie-ins with its followup raid (Naxx - Kara)?

It's at least possible and is very suspicious, especially in an expansion will so many Vanilla lore themes - they could definitely try the same legendary trick.

Well, technically the Flaming Splinters quest hasn't been added yet, but you get my point. I'm not trying to talk about the difficulty of it. I'm just trying to say that is a legendary quest with a lore-in to the next raid.
    So, you believe we'll only get Firelands this patch?
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    If this will come out it will probily take like 1-2 months to get and i asume it will come out with an Raid or so that brings new things so mats will also cost an huge amount. So that is why im off farming . 150k gold here i come

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    time to save up for boe boots...on all 10 of my toons..... WTS valor boots of your choice, 10k

15+ Year Old Account

Its also possible it has to do with 5.0 and the infinite dragonflight gaining control of all the ley lines. Anything is possible with speculation, but some are more plausible. There is nothing tying it to being War of the Ancients related other then the fact that it involves Keeper of time and War of the ancients was annouced as a raid for Cataclysm. Firelands, or the plane of fire, has no known ties to the war of the ancients. The blue dragonflight (the nexus) only tie in is their involvement with the demon soul.

Might as well say that it has to do with the final encouter with deathwing because we know we will fight him this expansion and it has to do with with recent past, which the twilight hammer and deathwings breaking out is recent past, has to do with events at the nexus (it was said all dragonflights are needed, so anything impeding the new blue aspect or the ley lines would aid deathwing).

You seem to be holding a strong conviction that it is related to war of the ancients when there is nothing that indicates that other then pure speculation with very little to indicate such. Given that the focus of 4.1 known so far is the Plane of Fire and Trolls having the war of the ancients this content patch is slim. Yes there will be breadcrumb lore, but the idea that an entire raid is being used as a introduction for the War of the ancients is a bit of a stretch. Since that is what you are suggesting since all of the currently known lore/steps of the legendary involves FireLands. It would be like building shadowmourne from Ulduar when Ulduar has little ties to ICC (Only real tie was yogg-saron's visions and saronite being the blood of yogg-saron)

Then technically none of the quests have been added yet so its not even a major gold sink. And if you weren't trying to talk about the difficulty why did you comment on it? Don't make the comment if you don't want people to discuss it. Besides a legendary that only requires vast sums of gold is bad in more ways then one that even making the comment offhand is ludicrous. Blizzard wouldn't add an item that encourages people to go out and buy gold or allow that much power to just by simply buying gold.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-03-03 at 10:31 AM.

It will deffinatly be a dps staff, if it will also be useful for healers we'll see, they might have different versions of it with different off stats, but i hope not.

I'm a bit split on how you've been able the get some of the legendarys in wotlk, and i think it will feel a bit wierd with it being the "same way" in cata.

I'm looking forward to firelands, hoping it will be up to par with what i so far think is the best raid which is ulduar.

I'm new to this legendary stuff. What are people's thoughts on how much this thing will cost? Also, is it likely a guild currently 11/12 will be able to obtain this in reasonable time?

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    I like the look of the staff. Hopefully the stats and proc clearly say "Caster DPS" dont wanna go through the discussion if a healer could eventually use it too . If its clearly a dps staff we dont have to discuss that and dont have to take the qq.
    I wonder if it has a proc that clearly says "Healer" if you will be just as adamant in your position that you wanted it so specific?

"OMGOMG LEGENDARY"... hehe, joking!
    It is great that Blizzard brings as Casters a legendary weapon, but to be honest, the looks of it is not so legendary as it should be.
    The "price tag" at the bottom is silly and the whole Staff looks like a tree brunch. I hope that Blizzard will redesign it before they put it in game...

yay, no having to do crap as melee noww, save all my money while caster's are burning it :], and no qq about healer or dps staff, blizz will probly do like with Quel'Delar or new Darkmoon Cards, you select the Stats

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be holding a strong conviction that it is related to war of the ancients when there is nothing that indicates that other then pure speculation with very little to indicate such.
    I apologize then.

I still think there are several signs that point to this being more Caverns of Time related than other things, but it is possible it is something else.

Then technically none of the quests have been added yet so its not even a major gold sink. And if you weren't trying to talk about the difficulty why did you comment on it? Don't make the comment if you don't want people to discuss it. Besides a legendary that only requires vast sums of gold is bad in more ways then one that even making the comment offhand is ludicrous. Blizzard wouldn't add an item that encourages people to go out and buy gold or allow that much power to just by simply buying gold.
    No, you misunderstand - two posters were confused with what I said (which wasn't said well), they thought I was saying this wasn't a legendary quest 'only' an optional lore quest. I was just trying to clarify to them I wasn't thinking that.

That's what I mean when I say I wasn't trying to say anything about its difficulty (because obviously we don't know anything about its difficulty yet).
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-03 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kildal View Post
    It will deffinatly be a dps staff,
    How do you figure that?