Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vicious 372 offhand or 359 Cho'gall offhand

I'm guessing I should be using both of the vicious weapons over any 359 I have right now.

Deleted
    Playing pvp?

Vicious, for resi. IF you have what you think is good. The best one. (stats)
    PvE. Cho'gall cus i cant faceroll pvp gear in raids. You just cant.

Deleted
    PvP weapons for PvP.
    PvE weapon for PvE.
    Easy peasy.

I don't know about rogues, but I'm fairly sure that the higher weapon damage of the PvP weapon would more than make up for the loss of side-stats on the PvE weapon.

Sorry, I should have said. Nah for PvE assassination. They damage is way higher, more agi. All i lose is some haste and little crit from not using the offhand annnnnnnd expertise and some mastery off the mainhand. I can reforge some of the crit for some of that though.

From what I have seen expertise is borderline useless for me, and crit and haste arent very high in priority either.

I still have all the hit I need.

Not true.

If you're talking about a PvP item that is a higher ilvl than a PvE item than it -is- possible the PvP item is better. This is more likely to be the case with weapons since a higher ilvl affects the DPS of a weapon.

372 OH Dagger PvP
    165 AGI = 429 EP
    110 Crit = 99 EP
    521.8 DPS = 542.7 EP

359 OH Dagger PvE
    146 AGI = 379.6 EP
    97 Crit = 87.3 EP
    97 Haste = 116.4 EP
    462.3 DPS = 480.7 EP

372 PvP Dagger Total EP = 1070.7 EP
    359 PvE Dagger Total EP = 1064 EP

Thus, using the EJ stat weights for Assassination Rogues, the 372 PvP dagger -is- in fact better.

Naturally this is ignoring what your own personal EPs are which you can check on the spreadsheet and do the math for yourself. However, the higher AGI and higher DPS do result in PvP weapons being worth it if they're a higher ilvl.

The gap between a 359 PvE Main Hand and a 372 PvP Main Hand would be even wider given that Main Hand DPS matters much more for Assassination since Backstab is based off of it among other things.

EDIT: Missed the posts above me while typing, but my point still stands as does the math behind it.

Thank you and is ShadowCraft: Rogue spreadsheet for 4.0 the one to be using?

For PvE, you want to use the 359. Generally speaking, a pvp weapon won't out weigh a pve one until its at least two tiers above it.

15+ Year Old Account
    372 pvp weapon > 359 pve/pvp weapon for pve. 372 pve wep > 372 pvp wep for pve.

Deleted
    The pvp weapon in both cases.

buy a 2nd 372 offhand and slap Landslide on there, be good for nuking flag carriers down in WSG/TP too )

Thanks guys, funny how all these nerds come in here saying PvE FOR PvE and PvP FOR PvP. Are there seriously that many PvP haters here I don't get it, anyways stick to just slaying dragons and giving people false information 1500 bads. For the record PvP > PvE Scripted fights where certain things happen at certain %'s and phases everytime is SO HARD LOL. PZ NERDZ

Oh and don't bother trying to retort, wont be back haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    Thanks guys, funny how all these nerds come in here saying PvE FOR PvE and PvP FOR PvP. Are there seriously that many PvP haters here I don't get it, anyways stick to just slaying dragons and giving people false information 1500 bads. For the record PvP > PvE Scripted fights where certain things happen at certain %'s and phases everytime is SO HARD LOL. PZ NERDZ

Oh and don't bother trying to retort, wont be back haha.
    we might have been trolled.

but yes, anybody blinding saying pve for pve always and forever needs to stop pretending they're serious players until they start doing the simple math it requires themselves.
    Last edited by Tarin; 2011-03-10 at 05:32 AM.

I don't get it, apparently asking for an opinion on weapons is what passes for trolling these days >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I don't get it, apparently asking for an opinion on weapons is what passes for trolling these days >_>
    Read his last post. Either he's trolling or he's just a massive dick, which could probably be trolling in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by highnaga View Post
    Cho'gall cus i cant faceroll pvp gear in raids. You just cant.
    Right because the Crit Resil wand is > the Spirit (or hit) mastery wands to a fire mage? The Crit wand is BiS to Fire Mages who do not need anymore hit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarin View Post
    Read his last post. Either he's trolling or he's just a massive dick, which could probably be trolling in itself.
    Yeah, I read it, that's exactly why I don't get it. It seems completely disconnected with what's going on in this thread; I didn't see any PvP bashing at all, just some people who assumed that resil on a PvE weapon made it not worth using (and while not correct doesn't equate to LOL PVP SUXX).

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    I'm guessing I should be using both of the vicious weapons over any 359 I have right now.
    ej forums will lead you to simple math that should point out your proper option. spreadsheets help too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Quote Originally Posted by Curado View Post
    For PvE, you want to use the 359. Generally speaking, a pvp weapon won't out weigh a pve one until its at least two tiers above it.
    This isn't really true with agility having such a high value now.

Using typical EJ EP values:

Agility 2.6
    Haste Rating 1.2
    Crit Rating 0.9
    MH DPS 3.36
    OH DPS 1.04

Ung'agh Fash: 462.3dps, 146agi, 97crit, 97haste
    480.792 + 379.6 + 87.3 + 116.4 = 1064.092

372 Shiv: 521.8dps, 165agi, 110crit
    542.672 + 429 + 99 = 1070.672

Ung'agh 372: 521.8dps, 165agi, 110crit, 110ha
    542.672 + 429 + 99 + 132 = 1202.672