[Books] Good Zombie/Apocalyptic Books you have read?

Hello all, I am relatively new to these forums and was wondering, what are some of the best Zombie or Apocalypse books you have ever had the pleasure of reading? I am currently reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. The movie was amazing and I wanted to read the book because I wanted more detail on what happened. I have read "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks and the sequel "World War Z." After this book though Im out of ideas. So im reaching out to the MMO Champ community.

What are some of the best Zombie or Apocalypse Books you have ever read? Please include the Author and some details if possible. Any help would be a great help. Thankyou in advance.

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Omens

Quoted from the above mentioned link: ''The book is a comedy and a quasi-parody of the 1976 film The Omen (as well as other books and films of the genre), concerning the birth of the son of Satan, the coming of the End Times and the attempts of the angel Aziraphale and the demon Crowley to avert them, having become accustomed to their comfortable situations in the human world. A subplot features the gathering of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse — War, Famine, Pollution (Pestilence having retired in 1936 following the discovery of penicillin), and Death''.

I really liked the Wiki on this one, going to give it a try. Ty very much

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking Dead

read it now, do NOT see the show.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Walking Dead

The show is pretty damn good, actually... Just don't think of the graphic novel while watching it and it's a good piece of entertainment.

kadaver march and kadaverjagt(cadaver march and cadaver hunt in english) by the danish writer Dennis Jürgensen

link to the wikipedia page on the author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_j%C3%BCrgensen

the books themselves are pretty much standard zombie horror where survivors scavenge for food and barricade themselves, kadaver jagt is a little different since the survivors actively hunt the zombies to try and exterminate them.

Zombie:
    Brian Keene-The Rising and it's sequel, City of the Dead. Here, the dead return to life, except, in this case, it's via demonic possession of the corpses. These zombies aren't mindless, they're intelligent, can use weapons, set ambushes, and seek actively and deliberately to wipe out humanity. These demons can also possess animal corpses, so human zombies aren't the only sort.

Philip Nutman-Wet Work. Another zombie apocalypse, but here, you have both mindless shambler zombies, and intelligent zombies who set themselves up the new rulers. The main protaganist here, unlike most zombie books, it also a zombie, one of the smart ones. Prior to his death, he was a black ops assassin, who opposes the zombie rulers. Think Rainbow Six, with zombies.

Also, if you can find it, the anthology "Book of the Dead" has a variety of zombie stories by different authors, many of which are very good.

Apocalyptic:
    Robert R. McCammon-Swan Song. It's a lot like Stephen King's The Stand, just...better.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're into manga/anime, there is High School of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Walking Dead

Sadly I have watched the first season but will be picking up the graphic novel.