Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Firelands raid will not be in Patch 4.1

Firelands raid will not be in Patch 4.1
    What I've been suspecting for a while is now confirmed, Firelands will not be included in patch 4.1. This is why you aren't seeing anything about it in the patch notes or on the test realms.

For more details on the decision, read the Full Article on Eurogamer.net

From Eurogamer
    Blizzard has told Eurogamer that the Firelands raid – the next tier of endgame raiding progression for the MMO – will not appear in the next patch, 4.1, as it had previously planned.

In an interview at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, lead producer J. Allen Brack said that players were not sufficiently advanced through the raid content that shipped with third expansion Cataclysm in December to handle the challenge of Firelands. He also suggested that Blizzard was thinking of creating "smaller" content patches for World of Warcraft.

"We feel like the player base isn't really ready for the next raid yet," he said. "And that led to some changes where Firelands is now actually going to be in 4.2."

"Our plan is to package... features into smaller content updates and to release them as soon as possible, rather than wait and release larger updates more infrequently," Blizzard added in a statement.

[...]After the interview, Blizzard gave Eurogamer the following statement about the decision to remove Firelands from patch 4.1.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    The decision to move Firelands to 4.2 was also motivated by a desire to move away from the "monolithic" content patches World of Warcraft has received recently, towards smaller updates, Brack said.

"Patch 4.1 provides our players with access to the completely redesigned Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub five-player dungeons, where they'll be able to experience challenging encounters featuring all-new boss mechanics, obtain updated epic-level loot, and possibly acquire rare mounts.

"One of our long-standing development goals is to release regular content updates for the community to enjoy. These updates are generally focused on introducing specific content, like a new raid or new gameplay features.

"Our plan is to package these features into smaller content updates and to release them as soon as possible, rather than wait and release larger updates more infrequently.

"The previously announced Firelands raid will be part of content update 4.2 which should come soon after 4.1.

Patch 4.1 - PTR Notes Update - March 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Frost

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Feral

Restoration
    • Efflorescence has been redesigned. It creates a healing zone at the feet of a Swiftmend target, but this healing zone now restores health equal to 4/8/12% of the amount healed by Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 8 yards, every 1 second for 7 seconds. This periodic effect now also benefits from spell haste, but the individual ticks cannot be critical effects.

Glyphs

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Frost

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Protection

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Discipline

Glyphs

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Restoration
    • Deep Healing now benefits all heals, not just direct heals.
    • Spirit Link Totem (new talent) reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. This counts as an Air totem and has a 3-minute cooldown.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Fury
    • Precision (passive) now increase auto-attack damage by 40%, in addition to the 3% hit it offers currently.

Items
    • The current healing priest 4-piece raid set bonus no longer requires a target to be under the effects of Weakened Soul for the priest to receive the Spirit bonus. Instead the benefit will be granted each time the priest's Penance spell heals a target.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-04 at 06:22 PM.

was hoping it was soon

good buff for mages,ty

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this just got juicy
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    oh dear lord its true. i am this close to nerd rage. the last shred of faith i had in this company has just been shot in the head over 9000 times.

Adios blizzard.... lmao

Well there goes several subscriptions, not the best timed move ever Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still calling BS until the actual blue posters, the ones who provide the info, say this and not some random magazine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their logic is strange to me. They do big content/tier pushes every 6 months-ish. That means they are right on track to put Firelands out 6 months after the release of the first tier. How is that any sooner? And how is it sooner to release it as 4.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm im going to take a break until 4.2 then silly blizzard

Somewhat disappointing, so 4.1 is just some balance changes and these two dungeons? Maybe some other minor things?

I'm stunned, really. This, in my opinion, is verging on the disastrous for Blizzard. What the hell are they thinking??
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...

Deleted
    Just read this from TotalBiscuit's tweet then saw this.
    I'm quite frankly appalled, fuck blizzard.

Eh fuck this. I was hoping the Firelands raid would make this game fun again, Cata has been terrible for raiding so far, and now we are getting our content delayed and delayed. If 4.1 is ~2months away, that would mean May. And then when is 4.2? Another 3-4 months away? So that's what, September or OCTOBER until we see new content?

We farm ICC for 1 year, and then we farm the next tier for 9-10 months? I'm so sick of this game.

The decision to move Firelands to 4.2 was also motivated by a desire to move away from the "monolithic" content patches World of Warcraft has received recently, towards smaller updates, Brack said.

Translation:

We couldn't get it done in time. Sorry!

Hahaha. What the fuck is, then?

15+ Year Old Account
    THE SKIES, THEY ARE FALLING.

...Not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    oh dear lord its true. i am this close to nerd rage. the last shred of faith i had in this company has just been shot in the head over 9000 times.
    Can I see your Al'Akir heroic achievement?

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    hmm im going to take a break until 4.2 then silly blizzard
    Is your whole guild decked out already? If not thats pretty selfish. They are holding it back because the majority of the players that raid, have not finished the content, and dont want to release new content that has gear that will easily trump current difficult content. Dont like it, then take your little break, but I am sure your guild wont love you for it.

I am willing to bet the majority of you that think this is a silly decision have not even fully experienced the current raids. Stupid, silly, idiotic Blizzard? No, I say thoughtless, simple minded, slow players for asking for more than what they can currently handle.

Not to mention it gives them more time to create a more epic encounter, than what is already started.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-03-04 at 01:25 AM.