Thread: Mind Sear (lol)

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mind Sear (lol)

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Holy Fire damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than Smite.
    Mind Sear damage has been doubled.

Discipline
    Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite.

Glyphs
    Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite.

Even though I doubt this will make it a week on the PTR, still funny to see. Yes, I know that we still dont have the greatest AOE, but Sear + dots all around is something fierce.

It's like every few PTR patches Blizzard uses a formula like this:

if devs had two coffees today then B = "more", else B = "less"
    Mind Sear now does rand(1, 100) percent B damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    It's like every few PTR patches Blizzard uses a formula like this:

if devs had two coffees today then B = "more", else B = "less"
    Mind Sear now does rand(1, 100) percent B damage
    tbh, you can apply that to most abilities

Deleted
    It's PTR.

At this point, I'd be glad to not suffer the pointless yo-yo'ing of the spec on a 12-hour basis and the consequent QQ from the masses on live depending on how much of a caffeine rush a dev had from their coffee that morning!

Oh wait ... that's gonna happen anyway with all classes once the patch hits live :/

Deleted
    What concerns me more is that they are waiting with Mind Sear buff till 4.1 (which honestly won't be coming in next 2 months), leaving it significantly lacking until PTR closes. The spell has been blindingly underpowered since the release of Cataclysm.
    Mind Sear should had been hotfixed to deal more damage as soon as Shadow Power was nerfed. But it wasn't.

In other words: Shadow doing to much damage with anything? Instahotfix. Shadow lacking? Who cares, just wait till another major content update (Ulduar, ToC and Mind Sear right now are prime examples).

Don't know about you, but I personally have issues handling this Blizzard's attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll get nerfed over another classes ability that increases its damage, just wait.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It'll get nerfed over another classes ability that increases its damage, just wait.
    May I? May I please? :-)

My prediction:
    1) Mind Sear will hit live servers as it's now on PTR, doing double damage
    2) Within 24 hours, it'll be analyzed by Blizzard
    3) Empowered Shadow (which buffs Mind Sear) will thus be nerfed by 50% via hotfix, bringing Mind Sear back to line

Want to adjust mind sear? Adjust it's idiotic mana cost... it's completely garbage as it stands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    May I? May I please? :-)

My prediction:
    3) Empowered Shadow (which buffs Mind Sear) will thus be nerfed by 50% via hotfix, bringing Mind Sear back to line
    Haha, so true!

All the cata changes Blizzard has made on shadow priest are mind searing.
    Any nerf to any class or spec in any way is a nerf to your raid. So if you PvE, stop your self-righteous remarks and silly arguments. Think for your raid, not yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Want to adjust mind sear? Adjust it's idiotic mana cost... it's completely garbage as it stands.
    thats it, mana costs are a bitch
    +++ Why Me - Wrathbringer EU +++
    ~~~ Vilden ~~~
    7/7 Heroic - 25man: World 18th - German 2nd

there buffing all AoE why would they nerf mind sear one of the weakest AoE's back to usless

15+ Year Old Account
    I was really happy to read that it got buffed

Eh, it'll be like normal, we'll do retardedly good damage and be in line or better than other classes for a day and then be insta hotfixed down too far in some other ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    My prediction:
    It would not be so funny if it wasn't so true. ^^

What I don't understand is why they are buffing AoE after going to the trouble of nerfing it at the start of Cataclysm saying we wont be AoEing things down.
    >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    What I don't understand is why they are buffing AoE after going to the trouble of nerfing it at the start of Cataclysm saying we wont be AoEing things down.
    >.>
    Heh, I think it's because last patch they noticed it hit for less than Holy Nova and buffed it by 15%. And then nerfed our total damage by 8%.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    How is mind sear one of the weakest AoE's?.. Our SP can happily annihhilate the meters over spells like RoF, and multishot.
    As for mana cost ALL AOE's COST ALOT. Our shamans cannot even use earthquake on magmaw due to the mana cost, as a lock I end up using about 30k mana per pillar. Have to say this is an interesting change.. total waste of time too it's bound to be reduced.

It appears that all (or most) AoE is getting buffed, IE. Multi-Shot is getting increased by 250%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demostravius View Post
    How is mind sear one of the weakest AoE's?.. Our SP can happily annihhilate the meters over spells like RoF, and multishot.
    As for mana cost ALL AOE's COST ALOT. Our shamans cannot even use earthquake on magmaw due to the mana cost, as a lock I end up using about 30k mana per pillar. Have to say this is an interesting change.. total waste of time too it's bound to be reduced.
    Do you know how weak the damage is? It does about the same damage as a fan of knives.. channeled over several seconds. Unless there's like a thousand adds there's no reason to use it.