Thread: Mind Sear (lol)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demostravius View Post
    How is mind sear one of the weakest AoE's?.. Our SP can happily annihhilate the meters over spells like RoF, and multishot.
    As for mana cost ALL AOE's COST ALOT. Our shamans cannot even use earthquake on magmaw due to the mana cost, as a lock I end up using about 30k mana per pillar. Have to say this is an interesting change.. total waste of time too it's bound to be reduced.
    It is one of the weakest AoE's because it does the lowest amount of damage. It also have other issues like the targeting requirement and the fact that if the target dies you lose the mana cost and the channel. It's also the only AoE we have as Shadow.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

plus, the dps topping aoe is not mind sear for sure. it's called multi-dotting. as a warlock you're capable of doing that too.

Another 10% all over nerf incoming. QQ

extra nerdy: timeo danaos et dona ferentes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Another 10% all over nerf incoming. QQ

extra nerdy: timeo danaos et dona ferentes.
    ^This. Blizz will buff Mind Sear, then remove our +15% spell damage specialization to nerf us back to before the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Want to adjust mind sear? Adjust it's idiotic mana cost... it's completely garbage as it stands.
    All channeled aoe got insane mana costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    All channeled aoe got insane mana costs.
    Other ones don't break early which you have no control over. Mind Sear does if the target dies.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I wish they would just either keep it nerfed or keep it buffed.

These damn dusts of disappearances from gylphing for holy nova for my aoe are getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    What concerns me more is that they are waiting with Mind Sear buff till 4.1 (which honestly won't be coming in next 2 months)
    False, because they won't be releasing any raids in 4.1, I am expecting it to be released within 3 weeks.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Other ones don't break early which you have no control over. Mind Sear does if the target dies.
    put it on your rogue fan of knifing or the tank instead of a enemy? im certain you could put Mind Sear on a friendly target aswell.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

This spell just keeps going in circles. One patch it's buffed to OPness, the next nerfed to hell. Makes me think how Blizzard is going about adjusting spells. Why not boost it bit by bit and see where it needs to stay that way, instead giving it a massive buff and then just nerfing it again for who knows which time this is going to be.
    Last edited by SKLC; 2011-03-04 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    put it on your rogue fan of knifing or the tank instead of a enemy? im certain you could put Mind Sear on a friendly target aswell.
    You can since the latest patch, but that means doing no AoE damage until your melee has run in to the middle of a group of things. If those adds have any nasty effects (Blood on Cho, Lava Parasites, the exploding crystals in Stonecore, ect) then you wouldn't have a lot of melee standing a the middle of them anyway. You also can't actually pick what mobs you want to hit that way, so if the tank or melee needs to move out for any reason you need to cancel and re-target it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    What I don't understand is why they are buffing AoE after going to the trouble of nerfing it at the start of Cataclysm saying we wont be AoEing things down.
    >.>
    You sir have read my mind(sear). They made this huge deal of nerfing most AE spells, only to buff them back up when they realised it was retarded to nerf them too much. Kinda reminds me of CC too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard went schizo with mind sear buff it then nerf it the nerf it again ending in a slightly buff version of it and now it's buffing the hell out of it

they are buffing alot of the weaker aoes to be in line with other classes like demo locks and shit that do insane aoe dmg.

BTW INC hunter nerfs survival is already topping meters on aoe let alone with mutishot actually doing dmg plus the serpent sting

Deleted
    Topping dmg metters in almost every boss encounter... i'm not going to complain about low aoe dmg. They buff it? Thank you very much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    May I? May I please? :-)

My prediction:
    1) Mind Sear will hit live servers as it's now on PTR, doing double damage
    2) Within 24 hours, it'll be analyzed by Blizzard
    3) Empowered Shadow (which buffs Mind Sear) will thus be nerfed by 50% via hotfix, bringing Mind Sear back to line
    Lol'd, thank you ^^

I think they have a lot of hands not talking to each other:

Hand 1: AE shouldn't just be about spamming one button. Nerf/eliminate one button AEs.
    Hand 2: AE shouldn't be the only thing you do when fighting trash. Nerf AEs.
    Hand 3: There shouldn't be any useless spells, and sometimes it should be useful to hit your AE button. Buff/Maintain AEs.
    Hand 4: Single target DPS should be balanced. Buff/Nerf Single Target (but overlook effects to AE)
    Hand 5: DOT spreading mechanics aren't AE even when they are AE. Don't nerf DOT spreading mechanics (and then wonder why raids sit Shadow Priests for Hunters, Mages or Warlocks on add fights)

Foot: I design the raids around here! Everyone likes to AE in Wrath, I will put lots of fights that require MASSIVE AE damage! (Hands 1-5 all simultaneously facepalm at the foot who obviously wasn't paying attention to the class adjustments in patch notes).

When a Hand is losing badly, then they start crying out for adjustments.

They make all these fights that require heavy AE, then nerf the crap out of our AE. They definitely had better "balance AE damage potentials" in 4.1 because its a real problem right now, and not just for Shadow Priests.

maybe a needed buff for spriests...but they do so much dmg already i feel it's kinda uneeded, time will tell
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Demostravius View Post
    How is mind sear one of the weakest AoE's?.. Our SP can happily annihhilate the meters over spells like RoF, and multishot.
    As for mana cost ALL AOE's COST ALOT. Our shamans cannot even use earthquake on magmaw due to the mana cost, as a lock I end up using about 30k mana per pillar. Have to say this is an interesting change.. total waste of time too it's bound to be reduced.
    have you actually looked at what he is using, there is a good chance he will be multi doting then using mind sear, so the total aoe dmg is more but requires non aoe spells to do so
    Last edited by Birchy; 2011-03-05 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It is one of the weakest AoE's because it does the lowest amount of damage. It also have other issues like the targeting requirement and the fact that if the target dies you lose the mana cost and the channel. It's also the only AoE we have as Shadow.
    could u explain to me why are using mind sear on the mob itself ? just cast it on the tank or any melee dps around the adds he will blast all adds while u are channeling your Group/raid mate ...