Thread: Mind Sear (lol)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    holy smite pve gear anyone ? you dont even need hit O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I'm not saying Mind sear is balanced (or even good) compared other AoE from other classes.

You're missing out on at least 20% damage by not keeping Empowering Shadows up. It's not hard to do so, but it does take some effort. You can get 4-5 Mind Sear casts off in one ES buff duration, which amounts to ~20 seconds. That should be enough for all the large AoE packs in current content. If it isn't, that's where RNG comes into play, and hurts us.

I only ever use mind sear on adds that should die within 15-20s, and only then if there's more than 8 in a pack (Whelps, 9 Aberrations, Lava Parasites, 2nd + Fester Blood). Everything else is just multidotted.
    Last edited by Aica; 2011-03-09 at 11:38 PM.
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Dark Archangel doesn't affect Mind Sear, but Dark Evangelism does. So does Empowering Shadows.
    Dark Evangelism does not affect Mind Sear. Just tested it myself, was hitting for just under 1500 with or without Dark Evangelism stacks. Hit Empowering Shadows and it started hitting for just under 2k. (made sure it wasn't other procs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm, at least 21.6% damage, then.
    Last edited by Aica; 2011-03-09 at 11:50 PM.
    {[( )]}

It's strange that Empowered Shadows affects Mind Sear at all, considering Empowered Shadow says "Periodic Damage" and Mind Sear is not considered Periodic/DoT tick damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

My guess is that Mind Sear is considered Periodic Damage for the same reason Mind Flay is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    The joke here is understood, but Empowered Shadow does not buff Mind Sear. :P (At least, I don't think it does...is Mind Sear considered DoT damage? It doesn't show as DoT ticks on WoL.)
    I'm pretty Empowered Shadow affects Mind Sear. My joke is bulletproof .

We're still weak on AE, but at least 4.1 will offer some help for Spreist AE. =/

Didn't Blizzard get a 50 or 70% dmg buff? Obviously it's not only spriests that gets buffed.
    Last edited by ChildeRoland; 2011-03-13 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Didn't Blizzard get a 50 or 70% dmg buff? Obviously itæs not only spriests that gets buffed.
    Indeed, it looks like a lot of the trainer skill AoE abilities are getting increased so that there is not such a massive difference between "AoE" specs and normal ones. Multi-Shot also got increased. It makes sense, "Bring the player not the class" and all, and they would balance AoE mobs around the damage you would do to them with an AoE spec, since if they didn't then they would be incredibly easy to kill when using one of those specs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.