Demo Lock on Chogall

Any advice for adds? All my AoE require me to get up close if i get anywhere near them they tear my face apart and i get a shit ton of corrupted blood, Suggestions?

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Save your felstorm for the adds and let your pet do the main job.

Deleted
    You can still use Rain of Fire and Seed of Corruption ya'know.

They have random aggro, that mean only some of them can attack you, but yes, it is problem now with nerfed range of Hellfire, RoF and Seed are weak now, Immolation aura is out of range... warlock have problem AoE on fights like that, best is Felguard.

I usually don't have a problem waiting until they've acquired their target, and then shadowflame, immo aura, Felstorm, and Hellfire. I only do that for the third set of adds tho. My felhunter is enough for the initial adds, and then I usually use Infernal for second set with just hellfire.

Although, I've been thinking to switch it around since I usually am hoping for rng and getting Meta back up for P3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem at all with it, once the big add is down, I port back to the boss while everyone else sorts out slows and stuff so I'm not stood around doing nothing, then once they're under control run back in with Shadowflame and Hellfire. Guess this is more appropriate to 25 mans though.

Deleted
    In a 25-man situation, you should chose to do the following:

A) Attack Cho'gall
    B) When Big Add spawns, attack it.
    C) When Big Add is dead, return to boss
    D) When Small Add's spawn, send your Felguard to it -> Felstorm.

The situation changes in 10man, as you don't have nearly as many people available for AoE, still - Felguard AoE should be enough unless you have a very low-AoE setup. In that case, Rain of Fire or SoC, if you Soulburn+SoC it's pure win as you should be able to return to boss after just a few SoC-casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar issue after Hellfire range nerf, so use a few seeds and RoF - also glyphed Shadowflame (for 70% speed reduction) is handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gall is by and large a single target fight, I really don't think the very short periods of AoE really justify the use of the Felguard. The length of the fight itself would mean you'd spend a lot of time Life Tapping. It would be perhaps useful on the last wave just ahead of a phase change to Soul Burn it, to deal with the larger number of adds and make use of the Demon Soul effect during the execute, but until this point I think the short burst of AE would not outweigh the extra damage and Mana Feed from the Succubus.

I have to agree with Jessicka. I run demo on this fight as well and do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Cho'gall is by and large a single target fight, I really don't think the very short periods of AoE really justify the use of the Felguard. The length of the fight itself would mean you'd spend a lot of time Life Tapping. It would be perhaps useful on the last wave just ahead of a phase change to Soul Burn it, to deal with the larger number of adds and make use of the Demon Soul effect during the execute, but until this point I think the short burst of AE would not outweigh the extra damage and Mana Feed from the Succubus.
    Your advice is heavily dependent on raid composition.

If there isn't much AOE DPS, a Felguard will be the single most valuable member of the raid. Hell, if the raid knows how to properly stack the puddles (which, yes, is an advanced maneuver), a Felguard can pretty much solo the blood adds.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Use your demon's aoe and your rain of fire or seed of corruption, whichever you feel is more appropriate. The close range aoe stuff isn't something i would fling myself into during a raid boss encounter unless I was desperate.

Deleted
    For demo is better use the succubus,cause do more damages,so when the little adds spawn use Seed of corruption on one of them and next use the aoe move of your succubus on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromaion View Post
    For demo is better use the succubus,cause do more damages,so when the little adds spawn use Seed of corruption on one of them and next use the aoe move of your succubus on them.
    Chogal is AoE fight, there is 100% better use Felguard, he can do lot of work at adds (more than some classes). Using Succubus here is fail, he can start with it, and use her for first pack of adds (only 4) and for second pack summon Felguard, on end phase is Felguard better too, because Demon Soul effect (Demo dont use Shadow Bolt under 25% boss HP). But for second, third and fourth add spawns is Felguard really good, melee cant do there too much AoE.

We push after the third big add dies and we clean up the bloods. This way you don't have the fourth wave with even more adds which seems to give 10 mans problems. This is of course in regular not heroic mode. As long as you phase Cho'gall before he casts fester blood you can just off tank the add avoiding shadow crashes and he will despawn when Cho'gall phases. For AoE just don't be the first to run in hellfiring and you should be fine they die rather quickly.