Why there really isn't Firelands in 4.1...

Basically, Blizzard, despite having most of the content ready, decided that they could not keep both the promise of a 4.1 Firelands + Multiple raids per tier. So, instead we get these two new instances which are quite lore rich (I'll mention more in a sec).
    Basically, they do want to keep their promise of a WotA for 4.2. This means they can have both WoTa, Firelands and a new BH boss. Furthermore, they've also apparently (or so i'm told) been considering expanding the Abyssal Maw storyline further, the reason for this is that there is alot of talk and alot pointing towards a south seas MCP or Expansion next, which shall explore the sunken depths of Naz'jatar, bring Queen Azshara as the game's first major female villian, etc etc. The issue here is that, they are considering Abyssal Maw to either be the new raid for our 3rd raid tier, or to provide both a raid and a 5 man. Although, again from what I'm told, they're considering sticking to revamping older content for 5m content tiers.
    But basically. They want a lead up to the storyline involving Nozdormu/Infinite DF downfall, the reuiniting of the Zandalar tribe and the fleshing out of the Naz'jatar storyline. All which is rumoured to be a part of the South Seas MCP/Xpac.

For those of whom aren't aware, both Naz'jatar and Zandalar are both located in the south seas, Zandalar is the major troll area which hasnt been opened to us as of yet, and Nozdormu is almost 100% confirmed as infinite dragonflight leader.
    I'm only regurgitating information but it looks to be:

4.1: Rise of Zandalari
    4.2: Firelands + War of the Ancients
    4.3: More revamped old content. (Possible candidates include a Karazhan split into wings as seperate instances)
    4.4: Abyssal Maw/Possible AQ Old God related content/Potential addition to Nozdormu's Storyline
    4.5: Additional content added, quests added to build up lore for Thrall, Kalecgos, Alexstrasza, etc.
    4.6: Fall of Deathwing + Lead in raids. (It's speculated that rather release a Ruby Sanctum equivalent, they'll instead add in such a lead in raid to help make up part of the final raid tier)

5.X: South Seas/Emerald Dream/(Only really speculation at this point, but almost confirmed that we'll visit South Seas, Rift of Aln, N'Zoth, Nazjatar, etc etc

But take this as though it's speculation. Im not going to claim the information is accurate, as it most probably isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was too soon. For Firelands.

(sorry)

That patch schedule actually sounds pretty cool. I don't know that blizz ever promised WotA for a specific patch, and I think it could probably carry it's own patch. It does make me curious what other raids will accompany the next content tier though - I'm fine with them delaying the Firelands patch if it means they can bring out more patches faster with more content.

Fingers crossed for Azshara as the next expansion villain - forget the south sea islands though, have Azshara raise the sunken portions of Kalimdor into a new continent to explore!

That sounds pretty cool imo. Hope it will turn out pretty much like that.

And I also felt that the Firelands were comming too soon then I saw 4.1 was on PTR. I'm currently 8/13 Heroic, and I felt that maybe I won't be able to kill Sinestra then. Hopefully I will
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    4.3: More revamped old content. (Possible candidates include a Karazhan split into wings as seperate instances)
    Karazhan Crypts? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Basically, they do want to keep their promise of a WotA for 4.2.
    what promise?

They never promise anything because fucktards will attack them for it if they even slightly delay it, so have another go but without the bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    4.4: Abyssal Maw/Possible AQ Old God related content/Potential addition to Nozdormu's Storyline
    i think this is very possible, considering the new, currently empty, AQ zone.

Maybe the war of the anchients will be fought there with ripples through the timeline which will open up a new faction and daily questhub? oO timelines, wormholes, Where is Commander Crichton when you need him?

Given that according to the product schedule blizzard wants the next expansion out mid next year I HIGHLY doubt we are going to get 6 patches.
    I think we'd be lucky to get 3.

I know that was leaked and shouldn't be trusted 100% but most of this is speculation anyway no?

Exactly. I think it would make sense to have given us 3 raid tiers all up. It's quite possible the content i listed under 4.3/4 could be condensed to the same patches as 4.5/6.
    They want to release patches faster, dont want raid tiers to go too quick, and release new xpacs every 18 months.

I think this raid tier will at least last about 3 more months. I think there's about 500 people all over the world you cleared the content. Don't think that that is Blizzard intention.

Quote Originally Posted by krilz View Post
    I'm really happy they're delaying Firelands. When I read that 4.1 was on the PTR I had the exact same feeling as I did when ToC hit the live servers: "It's too soon, we're not finished in Ulduar yet!". We're still progressing in heroic content and are not even halfway through and seeing how difficult heroic 10's are; I was hoping for at least a few more months to get to see Sinestra, a hope that has been re-lit.

As for War of the Ancients: I'm betting a lot that it's coming with Firelands. Pretty much every tier (except ToC) has had at least 10 bosses available and Firelands has been confirmed to have 7, which leaves us with at least 3 more which means another instance which makes a lot of sense since they've stated they want to split up content into multiple dungeons, a promise they fulfilled for the first tier in Cataclysm. Also the story of WotA just fits so well into the Cataclysm-lore now that Deathwing is the main antagonist (for you who don't know, WotA tells the story about how Neltharion became Deathwing).

Reading through the datamined quests for the supposed legendary staff, you're talking to Anachronos. Who was he again? That's right, the bronze dragon outside of Caverns of Time. Guess what? He's not there anymore. And WotA took place like 10 000 years ago in WoW-lore.

It's just too many coincidences not to happen
    ToC had 10 bosses as well due to heroic and normal not sharing a lockout.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.