10+ Year Old Account

"New" Stealth on Ptr?

Hey guys, this may be irrelevant, but I just have a quick question before I make any more opinions about the new stealth speed. I am a Rogue and I support this theoretical 110% or higher stealth speed via Nightstalker (Revamped), but I wanna see or at least hear what the stealth speed is like in terms of how it makes us feel and how functional it is. I only want feedback from others in the Rogue community, and I would appreciate it if the person giving feedback has either played with it or seen it. THANKS!

Well, I have played some on my rogue at PTR, and it feels better to be able to catch up to enemies if I am not sub.
    However, It also feels like we should be easier to spot now to, as we waste more time moving quickly and less time actually trying to not get seen.
    I mean, we are stealthing, and without the penatly, it just feels a bit wrong like that.

I support this theoretical 110% or higher stealth speed
    Of course you do, you're a rogue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, No, not his attitude please. I would rather them fix the whole stealth issue with Hunter's pets, Locks, Priests, and just people in general stealth breaking me even when I vanish. It's called stealth for a reason, you are supposed to be INVISIBLE. This, in my opinion, only helps for openers. You CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT fight while in stealth, so what's the big deal anyway?

---------- Post added 2011-03-04 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    Of course you do, you're a rogue...
    Really? You come onto another classes forums when you don't play one? And you are sitting on three of the MOST RIDICULOUS Classes in the game? Talk about noob, Paladin? Really? complaining? NO! What's this? A Mage? No Way? Is your mobility bad? Oh and what's more?! A Warrior! Is arms normal now! Heaven save us!
    Last edited by Aoremas; 2011-03-04 at 12:26 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    Dude, No, not his attitude please. I would rather them fix the whole stealth issue with Hunter's pets, Locks, Priests, and just people in general stealth breaking me even when I vanish. It's called stealth for a reason, you are supposed to be INVISIBLE. This, in my opinion, only helps for openers. You CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT fight while in stealth, so what's the big deal anyway?
    Stealth=/=invisible

First of all, you are supposed to be hard to spot, not invisible.
    Second of all, the problem is that before this, in arena you would need to outsmart your opponent to get in the sap, which was quite hard due to in a DPS/DPS settup, they rush into nuking so their in combat, immune to sap, same for a DPS/Healer settup, DPS rush, healer use some instant stuff on him and no sap.
    Due to mounts, it still wont be easy getting any1, but it will be easier.
    And it also feels wrong being quicker when u try to avoid being seen by ure enemies as already stated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liman View Post
    Stealth=/=invisible
    +1

If WoW stealth was anything close to what other games call stealth, the average IQ of a rogue player wouldn't be this low...

... It's called stealth for a reason, you are supposed to be INVISIBLE. ...
    I smell a challenge. Definitions as per wikipedia.

Stealth
    Pronunciation

* enPR: stĕlth, IPA: /stɛlθ/, SAMPA: /stElT/
    * Rhymes: -ɛlθ

Noun

stealth (countable and uncountable; plural stealths)

1. (uncountable) the attribute or characteristic of acting in secrecy, or in such a way that the actions are unnoticed or difficult to detect by others.
    2. (archaic, countable) an act of secrecy, especially one involving thievery

Invisible
    Pronunciation

* enPR: ĭn-vĭz'ə-bəl, IPA: /ɪnˈvɪzəb(ə)l/, SAMPA: /Inv"Iz@b(@)l/

[edit] Adjective

invisible (not comparable)

1. (physics, optics) Unable to be seen; not visible.
    1. (science fiction, fantasy, religion, mythology) That is perfectly transparent, thus neither reflects nor absorbs light.
    2. That cannot be seen due to the lack of instruments, such as a microscope or telescope.
    3. (technology) That cannot be perceived by radar or other method of detection.
    4. Out of the field of vision of a person.
    5. Covered by another object.
    6. In the dark.
    7. That is perfectly camouflaged.
    8. (technology) That has undergone chroma keying, thus is not seen on-screen.
    2. (psychology) That is ignored by a person.
    3. (Internet) Whose status falsely appears as offline.

TL;DR: Stealth is unnoticed or difficult to detect by others. Invisible is unable to be seen or not visible. Pretty clear cut to me. Stealth = you're there, invisible = you're not.

Examples: You get in a bush, acting all stealthy. I might not notice you from a distance, but if you're within arm's reach of me, I'm most likely going to notice something, weither I see or hear (or smell O_o) something. In the meantime some guy is in another dimension but within inches of me. I surely wouldn't notice anything (And neither would he). I think others would agree that person in the bush would be stealthy, while the other person in another dimension would be invisible to me.
    Last edited by blahssat; 2011-03-04 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    I smell a challenge. Definitions as per wikipedia.

Stealth
    Pronunciation

* enPR: stĕlth, IPA: /stɛlθ/, SAMPA: /stElT/
    * Rhymes: -ɛlθ

Noun

stealth (countable and uncountable; plural stealths)

1. (uncountable) the attribute or characteristic of acting in secrecy, or in such a way that the actions are unnoticed or difficult to detect by others.
    2. (archaic, countable) an act of secrecy, especially one involving thievery

Invisible
    Pronunciation

* enPR: ĭn-vĭz'ə-bəl, IPA: /ɪnˈvɪzəb(ə)l/, SAMPA: /Inv"Iz@b(@)l/

[edit] Adjective

invisible (not comparable)

1. (physics, optics) Unable to be seen; not visible.
    1. (science fiction, fantasy, religion, mythology) That is perfectly transparent, thus neither reflects nor absorbs light.
    2. That cannot be seen due to the lack of instruments, such as a microscope or telescope.
    3. (technology) That cannot be perceived by radar or other method of detection.
    4. Out of the field of vision of a person.
    5. Covered by another object.
    6. In the dark.
    7. That is perfectly camouflaged.
    8. (technology) That has undergone chroma keying, thus is not seen on-screen.
    2. (psychology) That is ignored by a person.
    3. (Internet) Whose status falsely appears as offline.

TL;DR: Stealth is unnoticed or difficult to detect by others. Invisible is unable to be seen or not visible. Pretty clear cut to me. Stealth = you're there, invisible = you're not.

Examples: You get in a bush, acting all stealthy. I might not notice you from a distance, but if you're within arm's reach of me, I'm most likely going to notice something, weither I see or hear (or smell O_o) something. In the meantime some guy is in another dimension but within inches of me. I surely wouldn't notice anything (And neither would he). I think others would agree that person in the bush would be stealthy, while the other person in another dimension would be invisible to me.
    This.

Made me laugh ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, No, not his attitude please. I would rather them fix the whole stealth issue with Hunter's pets, Locks, Priests, and just people in general stealth breaking me even when I vanish. It's called stealth for a reason, you are supposed to be INVISIBLE.
    You forgot the Paladin's guardian-thing