Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Many Reasons I am Cancelling

Reason 1: When I pay for a service, I expect customer support. I expect a representative from the company to listen to the customer’s complaints, rather than simply saying something to the tune of, "Please provide constructive feedback."...even when the complaint is typed without any caps and swear words.

Reason 2: For the third time, now, I settled into a class that really fits my play-style, only to have Blizzard feel as though they need/want to change the class by nerfing it, or changing it's game-play somewhat. This has either gimped my main, or just changed it in such a way as to cause the class to no longer feel "right" for my play style. It happened with my Rogue about 2 years ago, my DK just prior to Cata and now my Disc. Priest with the constant bubble-nerfs. I figured the Disc priest was about damage mitigation, more so than other healers, but I guess I was wrong in Blizzard's eyes.

Reason 3: I have spent the last several days running heroics on my hunter (because of the priest nerfs) and trying to gear him up for potential raids in the future. My average queue time is 30 minutes. My average time spent per heroic is 30 minutes. For some reason, when tanking gear drops, or STR gear drops, the dice is lit, making me think it is a primary item for my Hunter, only to put my mouse over the item and see it's best for tanks or melee-dps. In the last 7 heroics (roughly 7 hours) I have seen the dice light up 16 times. Zero of those times, it was a Hunter-item. This is absolutely ridiculous and frustrating.

Reason 4: I no longer care about PvP because I am now trained to believe that whatever class I can find, that suites my play-style, will eventually be changed by Blizzard. I no longer care about PvE because I am not feeling rewarded for the time put into this game.

Reason 5: Many people in my guild have left for Rift. I have stayed in the guild because I have friends still in it. However, even if I were to be serious about raiding/heroics, why would I want to leave this guild, only to be back to Neutral again with another guild, thus losing the benefits I enjoy in my current guild? (i.e.: Greater mount speed, XP and Rep gains)

Reason 6: I know if I post this message in the WoW-Blizzard forums, it would simply be deleted and/or locked. I see a company that fails to see how important it is for an unhappy customer to complain to them about what is bothering them. For example, the main reason I even spent the time to type this is because I am very frustrated with Blizzard for these reasons & feel better about getting this off my chest. It amazes me that Blizzard has even locked some people's threads simply because they used the word, "Blizzard" in their post(s). That is ridiculous in my humble opinion. A customer needs somebody to complain to about what they see is wrong with the service. I have not posted anything about this before, but have been reading forums for a while now. I have seen people's posts get locked for using caps, using Blizzard and not saying their complaints exactly as Blizzard wants.

Reason 7: It seems, from the responses others received from Blizzard, that Blizzard thinks and feels certain things about the classes they want to make changes to, makes those changes and does not yield to the opinions brought forth by most customers. Whether Blizzard yields or not, to many customers it seems they do not. They fail to see it is a matter of perspective in the customer's eyes.

feel free to leave no one keeping you
    and no one crap about you

Reasons why this thread is a waste of everyone's time: See points 1-7 above

If you want to quit, just quit. The community at large doesn't need some narcissistic 500 word essay on why. You either like wow or you don't. If you leave, no one on this forum likely knows you, so this entire post is just another rant.

Deleted
    QQ moar plz

Deleted
    Why everyone who quits make a thread in mmo? Its not a big deal serisusly, u just quitted a game, dont be so dramatic about it...

Have to do what you like. If you don't find fun in playing a game, it's not a game anymore.

I just don't see why everyone feels the need to announce why they are quitting or start a new thread when there are plenty of others.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithOmega5 View Post
    Reason 6: I know if I post this message in the WoW-Blizzard forums, it would simply be deleted and/or locked. I see a company that fails to see how important it is for an unhappy customer to complain to them about what is bothering them.
    I really don't want to offend but they don't delete "I'm leaving" threads because they don't want to see them, they delete the threads because the community doesn't want to see them. That goes for both the Official Forum community and the MMO-Champ community.

If you want Blizzard to see it then send them an email, the forums are exactly that, a forum. Blizzard look at them because they can, not because they have to.

Kthxbai, Blizzard will not cry, but your monthly payment will be missed.

Seriously, these threads are popping up with a frequency over over9000 per X minute

x minute being the exact number of minutes between one quitting thread and the next!
    <DigDug> i think i\'m gonna walk to the movie theater and see dinosaur...
    <kimy-> and be surrounded by like 10 year old girls?
    <Amanda_> He said Dinosaur, not N'Sync.

How much service do you really expect for $15/month?

This game would get really boring if Blizzard didn't always make changes. Complain when they change stuff. Complain when they don't. They may be changing your class, but it's always for a reason. Oh you got nerfed? It's called balance.

Every expansion I've picked a new class. Regardless of what the current fotm class is. Sometimes it works out for me (Wrath, Mage). Sometimes it doesn't. Currently playing a resto shaman in pve. Guess what, I still find a way to have fun! Roll with the punches.

bye

Yeah OP, apparently you haven't played other MMO's before. Nerfing and Buffing classes are a way of MMO life.

Millions and Millions of people play this dammed game, getting a CS rep to care about your QQ when you don't have valid proof to your cause, IE logs, combat parses, is not going to make them care any more.

TL;DR version: I don't get want I want out of the game for my half-ass attempts, and I lack any self-discipline to work harder than I do...

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by kennen View Post
    Why everyone who quits make a thread in mmo? Its not a big deal serisusly, u just quitted a game, dont be so dramatic about it...
    I believe the term is called, "attention whoring"...

TLDR, more importantly don't care. It will be nice to have one less person making these stupid QQ threads all the time.

I agree with you on some things. I have been playing WoW since beta and I feel that over the past 7 years with its immense and continued success Blizzard has "grown to big for their britches." They truly have grown an empire in the MMO market and without TRUE challenge have no vested interest in listening to customers. I have seen over my tenure in game that Blizzard's support as withered away slowly but surely, which really is a shame because at one point it was quite good. Hopefully with the advent of Rift (which is an awesome game I would suggest anyone who is a fan of MMOs to at least try it for the 30 days), a bit of true competition will be injected into the market (see: Rift's latest ad campaign). This can only be a good thing for BOTH games.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

And if you can't adjust your playstyle to class changes, you're just not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    no one cares that your leaving.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Bitching about RNG and changing a class so you can't just afk and wank but have to pay attention. Hello Kitty Island Adventure might be the right fit for you.

You'd be better off this way then,

I liked WoW the old way when it was more "simplistic" and yet fascinating to explore (most likely because it was new to me)

I stopped at some point near the end of wotlk and I reallly don't wanna start looking into few of the so many changes they made in cataclysm - most of them which I don't approve (like wtf is that spell where shaman WALK and CAST and the same time ?!)

That being said, I think I come to a realization why people actually quit wow, sometimes you just get tired of running around chasing for those purple stuff and it doesn't matter how blizzard are giving it to us.
    WoW is an amazing game - but after 2 years of playing it while some of it being a hardcore raider, had 5 characters maxed out - kill all raids, lead most of them, tanked, healed, dpsed, sometimes you just get sick of it and seek and excuse to somehow make it blizzard's fault.

Because let me tell you something: if blizzard wouldn't have changed the game the way the have (and I agree that most of the changes sux, old world's better blabla all that crap) WoW would have died loooooooooooong ago

btw I'm not subscribed anymore not under protest, I'm just done with it.
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

I think they have a comment section at the bottom of the Cancel Subscription page for this kind of thing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.