Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    MSI really is fantastic, I've never had any problems with them and they've always worked right out of the box. Their customer support has been pretty good whenever I needed to, and my Dad has nothing but good to say about MSI's RMA process. That said, for the longest time I hated ASUS because every board I got from them was DOA, or something didn't work and since that time, ASUS has come a long way for me and IMO they're equal to MSI in terms of quality. You really can't go wrong with either, but the MSI right now is less expensive and just as good without the frill of the Pro and Deluxe ASUS boards.

I'm actually considering upgrading my video card to one of those ASUS DirectCU 6950s or GTX 560 or 570, I've heard many good things about them, except they are kind of loud from what I've heard.
    The 560 Ti Twin Frozer runs just as cool (some reports show cooler) from MSI.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobasteve1226 View Post
    I was considering the Asus 6950, so I could flash it, but I decided otherwise. First because I'm too lazy.. Second, because I saw this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814261099
    Always was more of a Nvidia kinda guy, so I liked it better XD
    The Palit Sonic's good, however the better value would be wither either the ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 560 Ti or the MSI Twin Frozr II OC GTX 560 Ti. Both are better cooling solutions, better overclocks and quieter But if you've already bought it, then you cant' go wrong =p

The Palit Sonic's good, however the better value would be wither either the ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 560 Ti or the MSI Twin Frozr II OC GTX 560 Ti. Both are better cooling solutions, better overclocks and quieter But if you've already bought it, then you cant' go wrong =p
    I haven't, so that helps a lot. Which would you recommend more out of those two?

I haven't, so that helps a lot. Which would you recommend more out of those two?
    Tom's Hardware had a review of five factory OC'd video cards, they recommended the best value is the ASUS DirectCU II OC, with the Gigabyte Super Overclocked coming in 2nd.

However, both the Asus and the MSI were very close, only reason the Gigabyte came in ahead of the MSI was its massive OC on the core. I, myself, would go with the MSI but that's because I like the Twin Frozr design more, and it's *slightly* quieter than the DirectCU II under load, and I like a quiet card. However the DirectCU II cools a little bit better than the Twin Frozr II. IMO, flip a coin.

Here's the full review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...king,2858.html

Tom's Hardware had a review of five factory OC'd video cards, they recommended the best value is the ASUS DirectCU II OC, with the Gigabyte Super Overclocked coming in 2nd.

However, both the Asus and the MSI were very close, only reason the Gigabyte came in ahead of the MSI was its massive OC on the core. I, myself, would go with the MSI but that's because I like the Twin Frozr design more, and it's *slightly* quieter than the DirectCU II under load, and I like a quiet card. However the DirectCU II cools a little bit better than the Twin Frozr II. IMO, flip a coin.

Here's the full review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...king,2858.html
    That helps a lot... Thank you :]
    I think I'm going to go with the Asus one, since I'm going with the Asus mobo. Mise well keep it all the same. Plus, I don't mind the noise.

That helps a lot... Thank you :]
    I think I'm going to go with the Asus one, since I'm going with the Asus mobo. Mise well keep it all the same. Plus, I don't mind the noise.
    I actually made a mistake, the P8P67 Pro is only $150, it's the Deluxe that's $240. My bad. I'd still go with the MSI, since it's actually out =P

Deleted
    I actually made a mistake, the P8P67 Pro is only $150, it's the Deluxe that's $240. My bad. I'd still go with the MSI, since it's actually out =P
    More like sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    More like sold out.
    What amazing insight, sir. You really gave 'em what-for!

I'm not building my computer until May, so I got time

Deleted
    What amazing insight, sir. You really gave 'em what-for!
    Sorry if it caused offense, i'll ensure to put on my kid gloves next time.

@Scooba, the ASUS revision B3 boards are already in stock in the UK so I can't imagine the US not having them soon, still May time may give you more choices other than the P67 chipset. Intel's Z68 boards maybe rearing their ugly heads allowing full support for K CPUs as well as their IGPU. Price wise it maybe out of your budget range....still it will be interested to see what Intel's pricing strategy will be for all their boards supporting the SB CPUs. You may see a price drop!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Sorry if it caused offense, i'll ensure to put on my kid gloves next time.

@Scooba, the ASUS revision B3 boards are already in stock in the UK so I can't imagine the US not having them soon, still May time may give you more choices other than the P67 chipset. Intel's Z68 boards maybe rearing their ugly heads allowing full support for K CPUs as well as their IGPU. Price wise it maybe out of your budget range....still it will be interested to see what Intel's pricing strategy will be for all their boards supporting the SB CPUs. You may see a price drop!
    I'm ordering the mobo as soon as it is available and just holding it. I already considered the chance of it being sold out and I won't let that happen :P

EDIT : I totally read that wrong. I thought you were talking about them being sold out. NEED SLEEPZ ;_;

I know the asus boards are available for swap outs through asus' website. So I would imagine only a matter of time before they become available for retail again.

Hi again guys

So I'm pretty happy with the final build and wanted to come back and thank you guys for the help and insight. It's not here yet but I found some great deals. I watched and watched Shell shocker for a relevant deal and silly things like watches and earrings were coming up.

So I was ready to make my order. Made it last night. This morning the shell shocker is $15 off some lower end corsair ram. I probably wouldn't have ordered it but I find it ironic as all heck. All heck, not just some heck.

The relatively minor sandy bridge issue has caused me a lot of headaches. The asus board was out of stock everywhere I went so I got the MSI board. I don't feel like it's a second choice though, it's definitely very nice looking as well and the reviews--and thoughts in this thread--really expose it as a gorgeous board.

I think it's funny that my wow mouse (not the cata model) took a dive this week. I put all the money I wanted into this pc so a gaming mouse will have to wait. My order has a $5 IR mouse while I figure out which one I like. The back button was randomly triggered by certain movements or random proc on any type of click.

Oh well, any time you sit on money for a few days, something important comes up so I took a little bit of a hit on some items so I could help some family out.

On to the pc build

MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) - A really good looking mobo.
    G.SKILL 1333 Ripjaw 4GB x 2
    24X DVD/CD Writer
    Win7 Home Premium 64
    Intel 2500k
    HAF 932 - This case is amazing. I looked around at other options but cases are a funy thing. Quality brands getting a weird number of complaints. I wish I had personal experience here and I might have had more confidence in another product, but this looked best. Just wish the inside was black.
    Palit 560 Ti - I wanted to do an ATI setup but I'm not gonna be doing bleeding edge anything, especially since mostly I'm a mmo person and while some have nice graphics, they hardly push too hard. Plus it comes with 2 free games so I have something to do while I'm screaming at my guild.
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB bare - I can't wait to get an SSD but newegg was running a killer combo on this thing. Effectively it cost me like $35 new. - I even got the cable.
    Corsair 750

I really really can't wait for stuff to get here. Anyone got some coffee? I'm not planning on sleeping.