Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Seriously I dont want it... Call me selfish or w/e but I think warlocks already have enough utility and I dont wana have to stop my rotation to go click on grid and move next to the moron that have died so I can rezz him

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Seriously I dont want it... Call me selfish or w/e but I think warlocks already have enough utility and I dont wana have to stop my rotation to go click on grid and move next to the moron that have died so I can rezz him
    You dont have to do it if you don't want, you can still pre-cast it on your main tank or your druid healer.

Our soulstone will just be better, i dont understand why you don't want it...

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    You dont have to do it if you don't want, you can still pre-cast it on your main tank or your druid healer.

Our soulstone will just be better, i dont understand why you don't want it...
    Knowing Blizzard I assume they will just remove the precasting component in favor of the class "homogenization". I hope Iam wrong.

I'll just make the DK's rez to save me some gcd's : D

PS: are people really getting angry about getting this? Like how they don't want to cast it or .... they just don't like change? I mean wow... I rarely read these forums but... wow!?
    Lock -- My Main
    Druid -- My Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Next we will see warriors gain,
    Inspiring Roar: Your battle roar inspires all of those around you, especially the weak who are now able to resurrect and aid you in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Knowing Blizzard I assume they will just remove the precasting component in favor of the class "homogenization". I hope Iam wrong.
    Hehe they will not do that im almost 100% sure. You learn the spell at level 18 and you always use it when you level. They will not make you learn the spell at level 18 to only use it when one of your group member die. I hope...

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the warlock dies? He can't combat res anymore.. and that dead tank would've wished he had that soulstone again.
    And another thing - DKs and warlocks will probably have higher priority of getting battles ressed now, eh?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

So we Druids get something from another class in return? I would like to have shadowfury for my moonkin - call it shocknova and make the graphic effect electrical and let's deal arcane dmg.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So we Druids get something from another class in return? I would like to have shadowfury for my moonkin - call it shocknova and make the graphic effect electrical and let's deal arcane dmg.
    If i remember, you got the 5% to all stats from paladins no?

NOW, stop with all the homegenisation sh!t, this is a good change for warlocks. Be happy or not, soulstone was already a battle res and it will share cooldown with battle res and raise ally. You can only use 1 / fight when your in a 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    How about a reliable interrupt instead of having to use Feral Charge?

Oh, you already got that. And you didn't need to give anything up for it. And you also got Kings from Paladins as Morogoth mentioned. "Another class got an ice cream cone so I deserve a second ice cream cone" is not how they balance the game.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-04 at 11:34 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    How about a reliable interrupt instead of having to use Feral Charge?

Oh, you already got that. And you didn't need to give anything up for it. And you also got Kings from Paladins as Morogoth mentioned. "Another class got an ice cream cone so I deserve a second ice cream cone" is not how they balance the game.

as a feral druid i likes this change... means i can continue shreding while a caster can res... less down time for me

Are we still going to have the option of just putting it on someone, or is it being redesigned all together?

*Edit: Nvm, didn't fully read the thread, already answered my question=)

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It is totally awesome in 10man not having a Druid and so having to randomly pick someone you think might die to have a chance to resurrect them. Bringing a class just because of one ability is great game design, it's why they never gave Bloodlust to anyone other than Shamans.
    I know your trying to be sarcastic but what you say is true, the point of a class based system is to have DIFFERENCES and CHOICES to make. No other class based game i can think of does what WoW is doing now, homogenization (if you don't know what it means look it up), it's ruining this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    What if the warlock dies? He can't combat res anymore.. and that dead tank would've wished he had that soulstone again.
    And another thing - DKs and warlocks will probably have higher priority of getting battles ressed now, eh?
    Not really, considering you can only use one Combat Battle Resurrection per fight. The healer/highest DPS/offtank/main tank that died when you did will still get res'd before us.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    I know your trying to be sarcastic but what you say is true, the point of a class based system is to have DIFFERENCES and CHOICES to make. No other class based game i can think of does what WoW is doing now, homogenization (if you don't know what it means look it up), it's ruining this game.
    The problem here is that some RLs may end up making the choice to take a druid who would otherwise be passed over for a spot because they're either not as able, or simply not great in the overall raid composition because they could do with the b-res. Alternatively, you end up in a situation wiping the entire night on a boss because 1 mechanic continually kills a tank (Iron Council anyone?) which could be pretty nicely worked around if the druid hadn't taken the night off.

The current mechanism is too much like russian roulette where you hope to place it on an important target in the chance they may die but you hope they will not and therefore will see the cooldown wasted.
    A proactive approach where you make a meaningful decision regarding its use is a vast improvement.
    Based on the ability to ressurect a druid will be chosen over a warlock easily given the ability to choose the target when it matters and not have it being useless when someone other than the expected target dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The current mechanism is too much like russian roulette
    It's really not. The most at risk player of dying who is going to cause a wipe if they do so is the off-tank on kiting duty. Putting your SS on there is the one place it is actually going to make a difference between a save and a wipe, and the speed it can be activated by the player makes that much more likely to be the case, rather than having to wait for a druid to 1) get the call and 2) find the corpse and move in range during which time the add or adds have munched half the DPS and healers. Using it in that way has made a real difference on a number of occasions, and given we raid 25s with a couple of druids and a couple of DKs, we will continue to use our Soulstones in that way.

All that said, the added utility is a Good Thing for those who lack that luxury in their raid setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Next we will see warriors gain,
    Inspiring Roar: Your battle roar inspires all of those around you, especially the weak who are now able to resurrect and aid you in battle
    that'll be the next bloodlust not battle rez :P

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is a totally necessary change since soulstones use up in-combat ressurection cooldowns now. There is no logical reason that Soulstones should be disadvantaged compared to all other such effects by requiring the target to be selected ahead of time.
    A logical reason I would argue is this,

Blizzards stance on pure dps vs hybrid dps is "Pure damage classes should do more damage than hybrids, but hybrids should have more utility to help them remain viable"

So let me get this right, you give the druids best raid utility away to two other classes and in return give them nothing?

So no need to bring a boomkin anymore, cause you know that lock over there can out dps him and battle rez and put up CoE . . .

Just glad shadow priests didn't get it. *Evil cackles* Suffer and loose your precious GCDs! NYA HA HA HA HAAAAA! (Please don't make me use divine hymn, please don't make me use divine hymn! >_<;; )