Thread: Foresee It Now

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Foresee It Now

All games have a lifespan correct? The reason I'm posting this short post is for a simple fact of everyone saying goodbye WoW, hello new shiny game Rift. The fact is, you will get bored of Rift, just like WoW if you continuely play it. It's the same for any game. First there's lots to do and overtime you'll end up logging in much less. You kill all current bosses, wait for next content and repeats. I'm sure you all realize this before you spend pouring 100's of hours into a new game and fork money into a new game, sometimes a gamers life knows when he has to call it quits, at least for MMO's. Foresee it now, you will get bored of Rift and move onto the next MMO or whatever the case may be and start complaining there is no new content, balancing is terrible or whatever eventually. Everything may be shiny right now, but it won't always be, it will fill up with the same WoW community (since many will break off from WoW) and you'll probably have generally the same problems (as with many other MMOs). My 2 cents.

Foresee the future, foresee it now.

Deleted
    im thinking of buying rift just for fun, its not that expensive and im bored of wow, doesnt mean ill never paly wow, guess what i play Cod and halo aswel!!! omg

I don't think many people care about the people quitting WoW. Honestly, if people take the time to post that they're quitting they're just looking for attention.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    I don't think many people care about the people quitting WoW. Honestly, if people take the time to post that they're quitting they're just looking for attention.
    I don't care they are quitting personally, I just hate seeing all these "Let's quit WoW for Rift". This post simply states that shiny magic doesnt last forever. As long as a guildie doesn't quit then what others do really doesn't upset me

Deleted
    Rift can gladly take all the numb, arrogant and ignorant people that play WoW. Absolutely no problems with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    I don't care they are quitting personally, I just hate seeing all these "Let's quit WoW for Rift". This post simply states that shiny magic doesnt last forever. As long as a guildie doesn't quit then what others do really doesn't upset me
    You're wrong. RIFT is the best thing since sliced bread, it will replace WoW within a year as the leading MMO on the market. This is because WoW is old and tired and people are sick of the same cycle of events over and over, repeated since Vanilla. All there is at endgame are raids, raids and more raids, except with massive 6-12 month gaps that leave people bored standing about in the cities because there is nothing else to do. Or no raids, if you count 4.1. Boring. Oh look recycled content. Can't wait to spend five minutes clearing that.

WoW is dying, RIFT has just been born. Embrace your new baby

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Rift can gladly take all the numb, arrogant and ignorant people that play WoW. Absolutely no problems with me!
    No those ones are staying behind. Numb to the boredom, arrogantly waving their welfare epixxx and DPS meters all the while ignorant of what a real MMO looks like :P

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion matters but RIFT will become old at one point. Whats the endgame of Rift? raids and raids and raids? Right or wrong? Rift is a copy of WoW in some shape of form (aswell as other mmo's). Just like WoW copied stuff from others. I won't be playing RIFT personally, I couldnt be assed starting the same game with new shiny graphics after spending 100's of hours in this already. Compeition is good, it might spark the fire thats the devs in WoW need to fill us with better content.

Clear most raid content then be told you have to wait till 4.2 for something new, myself and most of my guild are not saying good bye to wow just taking a break as to not get burnt out while waiting for something to do.....So hello rift lets have some fun for a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    RIFT is the best thing since sliced bread, it will replace WoW within a year as the leading MMO on the market.
    You will eat these words.

No those ones are staying behind. Numb to the boredom, arrogantly waving their welfare epixxx and DPS meters all the while ignorant of what a real MMO looks like :P
    the irony of this statement is that you are the one coming across as arrogant.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    A real MMO? I have not seen anything innovative. That's truely outstandingly new to the MMO world. I do see Guild Wars 2 has innovative properties however.

ive never played rift so i cant say if its better than wow or not, but people are saying it will kill wow,

just like aion.

and warhammer.

etc.

amirite?

Rift forgot to copy wow's questing system cause in Rift questing and leveling sucks so much!!!!!
    Rift is fun to play sometimes if you are bored with wow but in no way it will kill or beat wow ever.
    Rift has also a lot more balancing issues than wow and all BGs are exactly same as wow.
    Oh and firelands raid is not getting delayed by much. One or two weeks probably because 4.1 will come out really soon since its almost done and then 4.2 will come out.

Character movement like in wow, Big, movement friendly & creative zones like in wow, Races that doesn´t look like fucking dog swines & Story that isn´t about gods having a finger up your butt because you´re the chosen one to save their planet and sparkling unicorns mushroum.

I´d want to fucking see any new mmo do this.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    ive never played rift so i cant say if its better than wow or not, but people are saying it will kill wow,

just like aion.

and warhammer.

etc.

amirite?
    Conan was THE WoW killer at time, people fled WoW to come crawling back after they really got close or saw the endgame, and no one knows Rifts proper endgame yet.

Conan was THE WoW killer at time, people fled WoW to come crawling back after they really got close or saw the endgame, and no one knows Rifts proper endgame yet.
    omg i completely forgot about conan, THE ULTIMATE WOW KILLER OH EM GEE

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    You will eat these words.
    What flavour are they? I may be late for dinner as I will be playing RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    the irony of this statement is that you are the one coming across as arrogant.
    So, when the OP says it that's fine, but when I turn the statement on it's head, that's not. Double standards much?

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 02:42 AM ----------

A real MMO? I have not seen anything innovative. That's truely outstandingly new to the MMO world. I do see Guild Wars 2 has innovative properties however.
    Well you won't do, until you stop playing WoW and start playing RIFT

Please use the big Rift thread...