Deleted

4.2 Healing Trinkets?

Just wondering if any of you considered replacing the current raiding trinkets with the new ones which will be available in 4.2? What are your opinions on these?

Eye of Awareness:
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Eye of Awareness (1)
    Trinket
    +383 Intellect
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 378
    Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to instantly heal the most injured nearby party member for 3422 to 3977.

Jaws of Defeat:
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Jaws of Defeat (1)
    Trinket
    +383 Intellect
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 378
    Use: Your next 10 spells cast within 20 sec will reduce the cost of your holy and nature spells by 110, stacking up to 10 times. (2 Min Cooldown)
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2011-03-06 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardo Stoneshield View Post
    these are ilvl 391 so not in patch 4.1?

Nope those are 4.2

Deleted
    Ah ok, just took them from the mmo front page (the old one tho that used to be on the front news page) that showed the loot list and they mentioned 4.1 items so didn't realise they changed it. Thought these were available from the new 5 man dungeons. Anyway updated the post with the non hc version and fixed the release time but still same question ^_^.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2011-03-06 at 12:55 PM.

It is very possible that these trinkets are a heroic mode only trinket. I think the iLvl gives it away that they are heroic (391 I think?). So it will be a while until people obtain these in 4.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keik12 View Post
    It is very possible that these trinkets are a heroic mode only trinket. I think the iLvl gives it away that they are heroic (391 I think?). So it will be a while until people obtain these in 4.2.
    Or Boub chose to show us the trinkets on heroic mode only.
    Vol'jin fanboy

You can't obtain the 378 or the 391 version of these trinkets until 4.2, as they are Firelands raid drops.

Eye of Awareness is the new Althor's Abacus, and I like it, even if it's random nature goes against a few things I don't. Jaws of Defeat, not so much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaws of Defeat add up to a lot of mana if you spam instants/short casts while it's active.

Eye of Awareness is...meh. 3-4k is not much, especially if it has something like a 45s ICD. If it was on say, a 20s ICD, then yeah, it'd be nice.

Jaws of Defeat, another one of those "stacking effect that lasts only 20 seconds" thing, by the time you get it up to 10 stacks it'll disappear. But that doesn't seem to be an issue, because even just casting your baseline 2-2.5 sec cast spells, it'll save you 110, then 220, then 330, etc. Looks promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Jaws of Defeat add up to a lot of mana if you spam instants/short casts while it's active.
    Would drool if they reduced it to a 1minute cd : < no good with math but it's pure epicness wish it could have been like Shard of Woe but with the int bonus and some small reduced mana cost and I'd be happy :3

Say you manage to get 10 spells (avg 2 second cast) off during the buff (and assuming the mana decrease disappears as soon as the 20s is up), you will save 4950 mana every two minutes. Pretty lackluster (comapare it to Tyrande's Doll, 4200 mana every one minute, or 8400 mana every two).

However, say you manage to cast 15 spells (avg 1.333 second cast) during the buff. In this case you just saved 10450 mana, making it very powerful. I think we will see it's value vary greatly with class, spec, and playstyle. Priests spamming lots of renews and PW:Ss will get a lot of benefit, but if you're chain-casting greater heal/prayer of healing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Eye of Awareness is...meh. 3-4k is not much, especially if it has something like a 45s ICD. If it was on say, a 20s ICD, then yeah, it'd be nice.
    Eh, that's what they said about Althor's, which I'll give you that Althor's was both higher output and on smaller health pools, but it's a freebie off the GCD. Don't forget, this stuff isn't even on PTR yet, I have a feeling those numbers are still in the placeholder phase.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~