Deleted

Need help in HC dungeon dps!

Hello, i'm feeling very uncomfortable with doin dps on my spriest...

i do ok on boss fights.

But when it comes to packs... like in Grim Batol...

i've read guides etc etc but still don't rly get it.

What am i suppose to do?

clearly it's depending on how many mobs there are in a pack...

how many mobs should i apply AoE on? should i use mind sear alot? or do i single target?

is there something awfully wrong in my setup:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../bleedy/simple

i would be grateful to get some useful tips to improve my playing. Also, what kind of dps is expected from me?

(this is an alt i haven't spent so much time on learning/playing)

Deleted
    firt of all reforge back some hit, ur currently on ~11% and put in glyph of shadow word: death

and what i usually do on packs is VP->DP->SW: P on one mob and MS->MS->MS->MB on another
    or VP->SW: P all of them and use mind sear on tank
    it works pretty well for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not despair. Most of the adds in there will have their hp lowered by your dragon flame attacks. By the time your dots tick, the adds will be dead. If that's the case DoT the highest hp mob and MS>MB the rest with some SW. Rest of the full hp packs are just like any other dungeon. You can either DoT all the mobs and keep em DoTed, or you DoT a few and MS>MB the one you desire. Either way your dps will go up.

I still don't use Mind Sear. I prefer MS>MB or keeping my DoTs up, rather than wasting the small amount of mana I got left after all the spamming. It still does very little dps.

And yes, you are missing some glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    firt of all reforge back some hit, ur currently on ~11% and put in glyph of shadow word: death
    Just thought I'd mention here that you only need 6% spell hit on heroic bosses. You'll only need 17% for raid bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Just thought I'd mention here that you only need 6% spell hit on heroic bosses. You'll only need 17% for raid bosses.
    oh that i didn't know

Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    oh that i didn't know
    Yeah. 11% difference between heroics and raids... They have to give you enough hit rating in heroics to be able to cap for raids, but if you only intend to do heroics it's hard to not waste budget on going massively over the hit cap.

Edit: 100th post, wewt.

Ive' found a huge differents in my dps in different heroic encounters ranging from a dismall 6k and on some fights going upto 12k my gear is poor as its a new char but still seems like to much variation and im always being out nuked by melee

Quote Originally Posted by Primetheous View Post
    Ive' found a huge differents in my dps in different heroic encounters ranging from a dismall 6k and on some fights going upto 12k my gear is poor as its a new char but still seems like to much variation and im always being out nuked by melee
    This is often to do with the mechanics of the fight. Many fights have a lot of movement, or downtime between phases. Ozruck in SC comes to mind as being a low DPS fight, with the spell reflect and the raidwide stun. Other fights though have damage multipliers, like Karsh Steelbender in BRC or Altairus in VP, and fights where you have Bloodlust will make a big difference. If everybody else's damage is also fluctuating, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's just you, might just be that you need more practice on that particular encounter.

Deleted
    Nobody cares about trash. If they have enough HP, multidot. If not, spike spam. Regardless, anyone who whines that your DPS is too low on THRASH is a dumbass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    anyone who whines that your DPS is too low on THRASH is a dumbass.
    that happened to me before on a raid, it ending with that i was replaced the next raid

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Yeah. 11% difference between heroics and raids... They have to give you enough hit rating in heroics to be able to cap for raids, but if you only intend to do heroics it's hard to not waste budget on going massively over the hit cap.

Edit: 100th post, wewt.
    There are bosses in heroics with "skull" tag, just saying.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.