Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conaan View Post
    they are threatening him, if he shows them he doesnt have anything then they waste money, its called business

either you take a bow and pay up, or you find a way to screw them
    They will request money until the guys dies bankrupt or not. Whether he has a job or not. Have you ever owed money to a 3rd party collection agency?

Quote Originally Posted by capnscoob View Post
    I can think of multiple things worse, ever heard of AIDS? guess how that got started

Butt sex+ Monkey

whats worse?
    Financially contracts are worse unless you know fully what you are getting into.

what you said is taking one thing and putting it on another table all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capnscoob View Post
    I can think of multiple things worse, ever heard of AIDS? guess how that got started

Butt sex+ Monkey

whats worse?
    super aids.

Whats going on with your Military status ? I am sure even with just a few words with your recruiter they would back off. If not, you heard what others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    They will request money until the guys dies bankrupt or not. Whether he has a job or not. Have you ever owed money to a 3rd party collection agency?
    you see deth, im smart enough to handle my money, i know how to keep out of situations like this

in these situations its lose/lose, you take whatever hurts you the least, theres no winning here

legally you are safe, really the best course of action is threaten to file bankruptcy, if they think you dont have any money then they know you cant pay them anyways

hell, if you make it clear that the fees for sueing you outweigh what they will gain they will back down
    Pretty much this. You'd also get a lawyer for free if you couldn't afford one to represent you, but if Gold's Gym isn't going to get anything then they aren't going to bother. Not like it really costed them anything.

You really need to be careful with gyms from this. If they hand you a contract to sign, throw it down and refuse to sign it and say you want a month-by-month plan with no contracts. If they don't do business like that then leave. Don't even stop to listen to their stupid gibberish because when you pay for a gym with contracts, you're only paying for the contract. You aren't getting service, you likely won't use 7/10 of the facilities offered (like a pool, steam room, you likely won't even touch the showers, etc).

Gold's Gym is about the worst. I went in there to look at prices and it was ridiculously expensive. I could not believe it. They didn't even have state of the art machines or personal trainers. I went to the 24Hour Fitness gym and told them I'd be more than happy to pay month-by-month either by check, cash, or a firewall debit account, and they threw down the contract themselves and said okay, let's do it like that. Which is what I did, and every first paycheck of the month I'd bring my firewall debit and let them swipe it. I made sure they knew that it was basically a dud card - if they tried to charge anything more than the $24.99 a month it would bounce and any withdrawal fees would be on them because there wasn't any more money in that account, it all had to be transferred by me. They never tried anything and their gym was great and they only charged me for what I used.

Also, if you are in the military, and live near a base, they will have a gym there. It may not be fantastic but it'll be a gym. And free. So go there. I dated a guy who used the bases gym and sometimes took me with him because there was a guy who made these amazingly delicious protein shakes. I miss those days.

In any case, don't freak out. They can't do much to you except talk big and you can get a lawyer (FOR FREE provided by the state), who'll side with you. But really they are just blowing a lot of hot air.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, i don't have any records.

They only gave me one copy of the contract and I didn't know that I needed a copy to begin with. Also, I have no proof that I sent it in within the three days.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfringe View Post
    Whats going on with your Military status ? I am sure even with just a few words with your recruiter they would back off. If not, you heard what others have said.
    This as well, as long as your a smart enough recruit the military may even step in and either wipe this whole case down or give you a lawyer of their own to help out (Recruiter will go that far)

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Sadly, i don't have any records.

They only gave me one copy of the contract and I didn't know that I needed a copy to begin with. Also, I have no proof that I sent it in within the three days.
    Well you have who ever you signed the contract with, unless they would go as far as lie under oath.
    Future advice, keep a copy of the contract with you and don't sign contracts on the spot.
    Last edited by Discombobula; 2011-03-07 at 01:46 AM.

Honestly I don't think any of you have ever been in trouble or been to court, maybe for a traffic ticket. Take it from me I have sued people and been sued a number of times. I am speaking from personal experience and most if not all are just making wild guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    super aids.
    A monkey with aids.

BTW you won't get sued. It's just a scare tactic. They have better things to do than go after one person for a lousy 2 year contract. Like I said there are thousands of people that are probably are and were in the same boat as you with the gym. Bitch and whine enough and you can get out of it.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2011-03-07 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg i have evolved from "Stood in the fire" to a "Mechagnome"

and to answer you, aids with monkeys is even worse

OT: they wont sue you like everyone has said, just stand firm and show no sign of backing down.

Deleted
    Sue them + Get lots of cash + Sign another contract + Ask to rip it up + They say no... And so the cycle goes on.

You'll be a billionare in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    A monkey with aids.
    Airborne Aids.

but in all seriousness just get some legal advice, considering what you have told us they are the ones at fault here not you.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would cost them far more in attorney's fees and court fees to sue you than they would possibly get from your contract. It is very unlikely that they will sue you. I would just threaten to sue them instead, and tell them to stop harassing you, or you will report them to the Better Business Bureau.

A few thing the OP is clearly not aware ofas well as others posting)

1. When it comes to being sued, your chance of getting free legal help is slim to none. Legal aid generally will not handle these types of cases in the united states, as because this is not a criminal case, you are not "provided" a lawyer. But don't worry OP, you really don't need to get one for this type of matter.
    2. Calm down, and do not blow things out of proportion. A member of my immediate family was sued by two different loan companies in the past year b/c she is now on social security/disabled and can no longer pay her loans. All the court did was issue judgement against her(she didn't even have to go to court), and she now sends them about $10 a month.
    3. There is no 3 day grace period in the united states. Some states have a grace period on certain purchases(automobiles) but consider yourself lucky if you live in one such state.

Your best bet is to continue trying to contact their corporate offices and have the matter resolved outside of court. If they do sue, just go to court, explain your case, and you should be fine. If what your wrote was true on your end, your almost 99% sure to walk out of court with the ruling in your favor. Be sure to countersue for any and all counts of harassment you may have fallen victim to(ie: their endless phone calls and non stop letters, if that was the case)

Edit: Bankruptcy isn't something you can just "file". You need a lawyer, which is going to run you at least 1k(I live in one of the shittiest states in the country, and our prices on things like this are rock bottom, so expect to pay more) and there is a 99% chance that due to the change in laws over the past few years, you probably won't even be able to qualify to file.

legally you are safe, really the best course of action is threaten to file bankruptcy
    Do not do this, you may well find that they call your bluff.

I suggest you send them a polite letter explaining your situation and ask them to terminate your contract. Tell them that you did not understand the contract you signed and you were not given reasonable time to review it.

I could go on but then I saw the OP's signature and realised that its not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    This as well, as long as your a smart enough recruit the military may even step in and either wipe this whole case down or give you a lawyer of their own to help out (Recruiter will go that far)
    It's worth a shot.

Thanks for your advice guys.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Honestly I don't think any of you have ever been in trouble or been to court, maybe for a traffic ticket. Take it from me I have sued people and been sued a number of times. I am speaking from personal experience and most if not all are just making wild guesses.
    good to know a mod is providing such great discussion in this thread, you should be either giving him actual advice, not stating everyones wrong because you think you are right

useful to this thread:
    like willelm said, they are blowing alot of hot air, its just a scare tactic

Do not do this, you may well find that they call your bluff.
    true, they can call your bluff, but he doesnt have a hand to begin with to even try and barter with them

If you phoned your Mum there and then, you have some evidence that'll back up your story.
    The phone companies will be able to account for the fact that the call took place (or at least they should).

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    super aids.
    You sure are correct
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    As a Druid, you may experience temporary loss of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post