Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My sentiments is that playing rogue has gone downhill after tbc and with the introduction to resillience.
    My argument is that Cooldowns is part of the flavour of your class.
    Cooldowns used to be something you had as the extra things where you could usually make do without the major ones to kill something (talking about prep here).

Ever since tbc rogue cooldowns have been required to kill almost any class in pvp and with cata it got even worse. Cheap? are you insane? DKs are cheap against casters, warrior is the epitome of meleecraft and even hunters are awesome at range. Rogues just sort of keep existing and they are by now the least played class with the highest skillcap in the game. Why? Resillience.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    The only WoW stereotype that has been consistently true in my personal experience:

Undead Rogues. Particularly, Undead Rogues with the Spiky Hair.

I have not met one who is not a complete asshole. Not one.
    I couldn't help but be amused. Those dang undead rogues and their shennanigans. I play blood elf rogue as main and get humiliated in pvp (mostly due to my own ineptitude), but I raid lead like a dictator and we get the job done. I don't think being a rogue brings out the jerk in me, rather, I think it's when I play resto shaman that I bring out the rage on all the random dungeon pug trash that I encounter.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    People with no accountability turn into jerks. In world of warcraft, a rogue can run away from any fight, meaning he can be as dickish as he wants without fear of retribution, or counter-camping.
    Got camped by a rogue, did we?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'am a rogue and I'am not a jerk. I actually like helping other people when they are getting smashed on by NPCs. That is until I help them, and they start attacking me, then I go ape shiz on their asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry my fault, there is something about locks. It's like some sort of weird addiction, every time I see one I drop everything I am doing and go my introductions to him/her. I think I still have emotional distress from a few years back where only thing locks had to do in pvp was dot dot dot dot, and this is pay back.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I've been playing Warlock for about 3 years, and had great fun playing it. The only thing I really, really hated was doing BG's and getting constantly picked on by every freakin' rogue in the entire area. It was like there was a huge sigh on top of my head wich said "I'm the Warlock, drop everything you do and come this way to kill me." Or rogues camping ones Graveyard, sapping you while the others are mounting up and run away. Or killing lowbies in world-PvP, for no apparent reason.

But I also rolled a rogue some time ago, because I thought the class might be nice to play. And the moment I stepped into a BG for the first time, it happened: I turned into a jerk, just like what I discribed above. Picking on the low-lvls, camping GY's, going after the squeesy casters.
    What is wrong with this class? I really enjoy being a rogue, I found it one of the most intresting classes to play, and the PvP is just great. Now I'm in the 80-84 bracket and every time I see a lvl 80 ress at their GY I can't help it but kill it time after time. The only thing I refrain from is having /lol macro'ed...

TL;DR
    I rolled a rogue, turned into a jerk and I love it! ^^
    Warlock main, rogue alt. I do and always will go for the lock first. On my warlock i go for the rogues first.

Both situations are usually wins /shrug. Playing both shows you how to beat both i guess.

I'm more of a jerk on my lock tbh, i'll just kite a rogue around in coex between sstep and cloak cds for teh luls.

I've always seen the rogue/warlock relationship as near "whoever sees the other one first lives", so always go for Locks first too.

As far as world PVP goes.. I think you get trained into it. Theres a bitter cycle, as Rogues get bullied so have to fight back...

Whenever practically anyone sees you out of stealth, they automatically gank you because they're worried that you're going to stealth and then come and gank them...

So the only way to stop this is to, whenever you see them, go into stealth and go and gank them

One thing I like about cata is that rogues are a lot tougher to kill if you catch them out of stealth / in combat.

Playing to the strengths of your class may make you feel like you've changed in attitude. Its simply not true.

Doing what your class does best is natural. By this reasoning you could assume all hunters were cowards for always wanting to fight you from 40 yards (which is true btw ;-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I've been playing Warlock for about 3 years, and had great fun playing it. The only thing I really, really hated was doing BG's and getting constantly picked on by every freakin' rogue in the entire area. It was like there was a huge sigh on top of my head wich said "I'm the Warlock, drop everything you do and come this way to kill me." Or rogues camping ones Graveyard, sapping you while the others are mounting up and run away. Or killing lowbies in world-PvP, for no apparent reason.

But I also rolled a rogue some time ago, because I thought the class might be nice to play. And the moment I stepped into a BG for the first time, it happened: I turned into a jerk, just like what I discribed above. Picking on the low-lvls, camping GY's, going after the squeesy casters.
    What is wrong with this class? I really enjoy being a rogue, I found it one of the most intresting classes to play, and the PvP is just great. Now I'm in the 80-84 bracket and every time I see a lvl 80 ress at their GY I can't help it but kill it time after time. The only thing I refrain from is having /lol macro'ed...

TL;DR
    I rolled a rogue, turned into a jerk and I love it! ^^
    I would agree with this. My Rogue turns me into the biggest c*nt. If I don't have a few people hunting me down in a BG, then I haven't played properly. But then again, that's 2-3 less enemy that my team has to deal with.

I played on the strengths of rogue and found playing exactly the same as what people would describe as cheep and cowardly, but I must admit its so damn fun and effective.
    See two guys defending a base in AB? No problem sap 1, open on the other kill, vanish, open on the 2nd kill, cap base.
    See a guy that you can't beat trying to cap your base? No problem just sap, and sap, and sap.
    Outnumbered even 2 to 1? Easy, just vanish and look for an easier fight.
    Oh and my favorite, see that big battle going on at BS? Stealth in and cap the base while everyone is busy fighting each other, no worries if you get spotted just cloak and vanish.
    And, I love sneaking behind enemy lines to grab towers and hard points that they normally think are secure.
    Camping GYs is great also, you can put enemies out of the fight for long periods of time if done effectively sometimes winning the fight.
    Countering enemy rogues is also one of my favorite pass times. I never attack the enemy unless my team engages first, if I know a enemy rogue is around I'll purposefully stay out of the fight till he opens, then I counter him
    I learned early that a rogue can't handle two or more enemies hitting on him, is most effective while opening from stealth and is best against lightly armored targets, though can take on DKs, Warriors and Paladins equally well.

The most fun I had was in a BG when I had 14-0, just prep, shadowstep, ambush, eviscerate, vanish and rinse and repeat, must have drawn aggro from half the enemies in that BG.
    Playing rogue PVP is damn addictive because of the tactical nature of it, the ability to chose your own battles and the thrill of delivering swift and unsuspecting death upon your enemies when they least expect it.