Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bring the player not the class? Sometimes we stack with two hunters bc there always first > second on dps most fights and they are both very good at all the different specs. I think one is BM/SV other is MM/SV.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Is what I was thinking now for a classrun raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadyy View Post

Switch DK with another Moonkin depending on encounter.
    Kinda silly not to have replenishment in 10-man.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000 my setup.

-I know arcane tends to be a bit below fire, but it's getting buffed next patch which should help.
    -Hunter brings a hyena to provide the bleed debuff (ferocity pet, no dps loss).
    -Only 1 melee dps
    -Shadow and Flame is provided by the destro lock, the raidcomp thingy is off.

The most problematic buff is definitely the % damage increase. You only have 3 choices: Arcane Mage, Beast Mastery Hunter, Ret Paladin. Ret is doing ok, but that adds another melee dps, and means you can't use either a prot pally or a holy pally if you're going with a class run. If you want to do 3 healers + 2 tanks, that means your three healers must be priest/shaman/druid, and consequently your two dps are warrior/DK. EDIT: Once you've done that, you've eliminated the druid, warrior, and shaman as potential sources of both the crit buff for the party and the bleed debuff on the enemy. Hunter pets can do both, but not at the same time, and the only other source of EITHER buff is a subtlety rogue... so if you want every buff category on a class run, and go with a ret pally, you *must* bring a subtlety rogue as your rogue. Not a good idea. That means arcane or beast mastery, and of the two Arcane is probably a better choice (assuming the buffs next patch help it out); it may be a turret and a bit weak right now, but at least it's not a range dps that's gimped by air phases.

Edit: The warlock can be destro or demo, whichever is preferred/needed.
    Edit2: Biggest gap in buffs/debuffs is pushback protection; you can achieve it, but only by giving up resistance aura or healing stream totem. Doable, but highly situational based on encounter which you'll want/need more.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-03-11 at 04:19 PM.

I suppose it's not the end of the world to lose a single buff if the compromise is a classrun with only one melee dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgreg89 View Post
    -every class has to be present;
    -there has to be 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps ( preferably 2 melee, 3 ranged );
    -as many buffs/debuffs as possible ( including things not mentioned in the raid comp, like healthstones, healing stream etc. );
    -healthy ratio of gear ( plate dps : plate tank : chain caster dps : ... : cloth heal : cloth dps ).
    Your restrictions make no sense, but oh well:

Starting with the "pures" to satisfy every role, you'd have to have:
    - Warlock
    - Mage
    - Rogue
    - Hunter

For healers, you'd really need a healing priest for raid cooldowns. You'd probably also want your shaman resto for mana tide, output, and the fact that their 2 dps specs suck. Finally, you'd probably want a holy paladin for aura mastery and LoH:
    - Resto Shaman
    - Holy Paladin
    - Holy/Disc Priest

For tanks, you'd probably want a warrior tanking as they have no good DPS spec right now. You'd probably want the boomkin over the DK for AoE and sheer output:
    - Prot Warrior
    - Blood Death Knight
    - Balance Druid

Now, out of all this, we talk about specs for the original DPS:
    - You'd want the warlock to be Destruction for Replenishment.
    - The hunter would probably be swapping between Marks and Survival, using a Ravager pet.
    - Mage could be whatever.
    - Rogue could be whatever.

So you're left with this:

Group 1 (Healers+Tanks):
    - Protection Warrior
    - Blood Death Knight
    - Holy/Disc Priest
    - Holy Paladin
    - Resto Shaman

Group 2:
    - Destruction Warlock
    - Mage (any spec)
    - Hunter (any spec) with Ravager pet
    - Rogue (any spec)
    - Balance Druid

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 tanks (DK w/Abom's Might and either Druid/Warrior), 2/3 Heals, 6/5 DPS (All Hunters).

The Hunters are whatever spec they want to be. BM is usually best (For an "ideal" group in this scenario at least), as it's the only spec that can bring Kings as well as Bloodlust. Of course this could be solved by having a Druid and Shaman, but whatever. It leaves you some room to play with. At least one of the Hunters needs to be Survival if there are not multiple Resto Shaman (10% Attack Speed). Otherwise, you can cover literally all buffs.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    2 tanks (DK w/Abom's Might and either Druid/Warrior), 2/3 Heals, 6/5 DPS (All Hunters).

The Hunters are whatever spec they want to be. BM is usually best (For an "ideal" group in this scenario at least), as it's the only spec that can bring Kings as well as Bloodlust. Of course this could be solved by having a Druid and Shaman, but whatever. It leaves you some room to play with. At least one of the Hunters needs to be Survival if there are not multiple Resto Shaman (10% Attack Speed). Otherwise, you can cover literally all buffs.
    You'd cover buffs maybe... But good luck on interuppting at nefarian!

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 11:26 AM ----------

Also I'd love to go with something around this:

You could change the holy/disc priest for resto druid if needed. Swap the prot tank for a blood dk if desired. The hunter can be whatever spec, preferred surv/mm due to output and the mage can be fire/arc depending on fight and output (patch 4.1). Rogue can be combat/assi also or bring in a different class.

Deleted
    Tanks:
    Prot pala with holy offspec. Divine guardian is too damn good for alot of encounters, especialy on heroic.
    Prot warrior

Healers:
    Holy/disc priest. Barrier is needed for alot of heroic encounters. In 10 man you will have to rotate DG and barrier for alot of stuff, scorching on maloriak for example.
    Resto druid with boomkin offspec.
    Resto shaman.

Ranged:
    Hunter with survival and markmanship.
    Firemage
    Destrolock

Melee:
    Dk with unholy and frost spec.
    Rogue with assasination and combat.

1 of each class, probably a few buffs missing but divine guardian and barrier are pretty much mandatory for heroic raids. Paladin go healing for 1 tank fights and the resto druid go boomkin.

Deleted
    In 10man you want a tight roaster with people being able to play offspecs really good.

Something like that would get my vote, includes all raidbuffs, Raid/Bubblewall, HS, Innervate & Tide.

Edit: I know that mine got Plate DPS & Cloth DPS only ish.

BUT I don't think most of the posters in this thread have relized what damage for ex. Alakir hc does & havn't tried the harder HMs
    You want as many buffs as you can, and such buffs as Raidwall that a protpala brings.. It's REQ for the harder ones.

But ye, make the perfect classrun-setup you guys, and change it when you actually stand in front of the encounter.
    Last edited by mmoc739c786f94; 2011-03-13 at 06:20 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    You'd cover buffs maybe... But good luck on interuppting at nefarian!

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 11:26 AM ----------

Also I'd love to go with something around this:

You could change the holy/disc priest for resto druid if needed. Swap the prot tank for a blood dk if desired. The hunter can be whatever spec, preferred surv/mm due to output and the mage can be fire/arc depending on fight and output (patch 4.1). Rogue can be combat/assi also or bring in a different class.
    Tanks have interrupts! Also, your lack of knowledge is abysmal. "surv/mm due to output"? BM is higher than Surv and is very close with MM. Survival is the lowest Hunter DPS spec.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

BIZZNO's comp is actually pretty close to what I would pick, and it speaks volumes to how good it is that they were able to down every fight without revolving door raiders. I think they're missing a few(of the minor) buffs, but their classes are versatile enough to adapt to the requirements of the more 'odd' fights, strong dps, strong aoe, the only thing I think I'd change tbh would be swapping their prot warrior for a prot paladin?