Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Glyph of Death Gate?...

My 3 minors are:

Deaths Embrace
    Horn of winter
    Resilient Grip

I would not replace any of those. Why exactly is this glyph being (possibly) implemented?

Because you'll save yourself 6 seconds each time you cast a deathgate. Now multiply this into every time you use it and see how much time you're saving.

Then don't use it? They're removing the Glyph of Raise Ally, so they needed something else to throw in there. Some people might want a faster Death Gate. It's all up to the person using the Glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they know if they just removed Glyph of Raise Ally without giving a replacement there would be QQ to the high heavens

Deleted
    Because it'll save us 2.5 seconds everytime we cast it, incredibly useful, simply unconceivable

It'll be handy for when someone is leveling their dk

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Wouldn't we lose total time having to go buy the glyph and/or change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielnik View Post
    Because it'll save us 2.5 seconds everytime we cast it, incredibly useful, simply unconceivable
    It's not useful if every other glyph option is better (more useful) now is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Glyph of Raise Ally was actually useful and pretty good. Minor glyphs are supposed to be as gameplay unaffecting as possible.

personally, I'd be happy with a glyph called "Glyph of Pillar of Frost FX" Which would make it look like you always had PoF turned on. sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    Because you'll save yourself 6 seconds each time you cast a deathgate. Now multiply this into every time you use it and see how much time you're saving.
    since wotlk release... 18seconds...

Deleted
    minors aren't that gamebreaking. Just a faster portal for RP lovers?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes this is true, people were asking for something like this for ages. And they finnly implemented it.

i can truely say im pleased with this amazing usefull glyph.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you are going to respec 6 seconds faster from unholy to frost as son as the patch comes out

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Then don't use it? They're removing the Glyph of Raise Ally, so they needed something else to throw in there. Some people might want a faster Death Gate. It's all up to the person using the Glyphs.
    I wont use it, that's my point. And yes they "needed something else to throw in" which proves that the developers were being lazy.

---------- Post added 2011-03-01 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    minors aren't that gamebreaking. Just a faster portal for RP lovers?
    In this particular case, there are 3 better options for minors for DK's that are gamebreaking. Those being, Deaths Embrace, Horn of Winter, and Resilient grip.
    Last edited by Zorgen; 2011-03-01 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    It's not useful if every other glyph option is better (more useful) now is it?
    Your sarcasm detector's broken.

Death gate is 10 seconds cast, glyph reduces it by 25% so its 7.5s cast, stop repeating this 6 seconds bullcrap, buying the glyph and engraving it will take you 5000% more time than you save every week you MAYBE use death gate, it's the worst glyph ever.

I wont use it, that's my point. And yes they "needed something else to throw in" which proves that the developers were being lazy.
    No, it's doesn't prove they were being lazy. The ability was redesigned and they chose to make another glyph instead of making another effect for Raise Ally. It's still the same amount of work.

You said you use the following:

Deaths Embrace
    Horn of winter
    Resilient Grip

Glyph of Raise Ally isn't even in there so why does it even matter?
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

Death gate is 10 seconds cast, glyph reduces it by 25% so its 7.5s cast, stop repeating this 6 seconds bullcrap, buying the glyph and engraving it will take you 5000% more time than you save every week you MAYBE use death gate, it's the worst glyph ever.
    I never said anyhing about 6 seconds? please refrain from telling be to stop repeating bullcrap I've not even said once.

Deleted
    I never said anyhing about 6 seconds? please refrain from telling be to stop repeating bullcrap I've not even said once.
    I never said you did? There's an empty space there for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i herd you're the only one in this thread? look through the replies here and check who he's talking to.

I'm not sure if the datamined results were changed, but the Original Post on the Front Page of MMO-Champion stated that Glyph of Death Gate would reduce the Casting Time by 60%. That's why people are saying it'll reduce it by 6 seconds.
    Last edited by RedDragon4275; 2011-03-01 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Redundency.