Insane GM ticket wait

Ok, I just read a topic suggested on the homepage where a player is criticizing Blizzard for the insanely long waits for an in-game ticket response and after being answered that the poor GMs work 7 days a week the blue poster says: Locking this thread because OP didnt reply. IN 2 HOURS of ORIGINAL POSTING!
    Ok, seriously what is your problem Blizzard? Individual customers not really important now that you have more than 10 millions of them paying their subs every month? It IS TRUE that the wait times and more than 12 hours long, I have experienced this on more than one occasion (yes, you can check that out in your logs) after which I simply abandon the ticket because it is not really the point being answered after such a long time. We really dont care how long people work in your company, do we? But on the other hand, we do pay a full monthly fee to play this game, altho often we do not have access to your game for a full month period. But hey, all you will do is say "We are sorry for any inconvenience blablabla"... I wish we could say "Sorry, I will not be paying for the next 2 months. Sorry if this caused any trouble in your company".
    So how about you develop some more respect for your customers because we pay for your living (unless I am mistaken???)

pretty sure i remem having some tickets in vanilla go unanswered for more than just multiple days, even over a week on some occassions
    ill see if i can find screenies, brb
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-03-07 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dangthe View Post
    Ok, I just read a topic suggested on the homepage where a player is criticizing Blizzard for the insanely long waits for an in-game ticket response and after being answered that the poor GMs work 7 days a week the blue poster says: Locking this thread because OP didnt reply. IN 2 HOURS of ORIGINAL POSTING!
    Ok, seriously what is your problem Blizzard? Individual customers not really important now that you have more than a dozen of them paying their subs every month? It IS TRUE that the wait times and more than 12 hours long, I have experienced this on more than one occasion (yes, you can check that out in your logs) after which I simply abandon the ticket because it is not really the point being answered after such a long time. We really dont care how long people work in your company, do we? But on the other hand, we do pay a full monthly fee to play this game, altho often we do not have access to your game for a full month period. But hey, all you will do is say "We are sorry for any inconvenience blablabla"... I wish we could say "Sorry, I will not be paying for the next 2 months. Sorry if this caused any trouble in your company".
    So how about you develop some more respect for your customers because we pay for your living (unless I am mistaken???)
    Though this is a difficult to read wall of text, that's basically Blizzard's attitude now. I've run customer service forums before, so I'm familiar with the 'terse response and lock as quickly as seems reasonable' tactic. I did it myself too, in the early days, when I was immature.

Their support staff that man the forums are obviously immature and in some cases are even trolling the player base as much as the players are. It starts at the top though. Whoever runs their CS in general must be quite the guy to get away with how poorly handled the support for a multi million dollar product is.

The last time I opened a ticket it was answered in about seven minutes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get what you pay for I'm afraid. If you're unsatisfied there is nothing that stops you from cancelling your subscription. That's how most paid services work, gotta live with it. It sucks, but it's true nonetheless.

Blizzard has 12 million subs. You know how many tickets they get in one day? Of course they can't answer all of them as they come in. Just be patient and wait your turn. It's a game. No in game ticket is a big enough problem to get so worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The last time I opened a ticket it was answered in about seven minutes.
    What was it about? My last ticket took over 2 days to get an initial response with a canned reply that had nothing to do with my request.

Quote Originally Posted by dangthe View Post
    Ok, seriously what is your problem Blizzard? Individual customers not really important now that you have more than 10 millions of them paying their subs every month? It IS TRUE that the wait times and more than 12 hours long, I have experienced this on more than one occasion (yes, you can check that out in your logs) after which I simply abandon the ticket because it is not really the point being answered after such a long time. We really dont care how long people work in your company, do we? But on the other hand, we do pay a full monthly fee to play this game, altho often we do not have access to your game for a full month period. But hey, all you will do is say "We are sorry for any inconvenience blablabla"... I wish we could say "Sorry, I will not be paying for the next 2 months. Sorry if this caused any trouble in your company".
    He locked the topic on the next day. (if I remember correctly) And yea ... the wait times dont satisfy me either but I can actually understand them because like you said, there are 10 millions people playing. You can imagine how many tickets they have at a time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    Blizzard has 12 million subs. You know how many tickets they get in one day? Of course they can't answer all of them as they come in. Just be patient and wait your turn. It's a game. No in game ticket is a big enough problem to get so worked up about.
    Crap excuse. Days for an initial response to a customer is bad management. There are much larger companies with far more customers who do far better. And many of them dont get recurring subscriptions to pay for it with. So they not only support recent customers, but customers from years past.

im pretty sure there was more behind that post. in fact, im pretty sure there was alot more facts, which pointed to that the one who made that thread was an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    What was it about? My last ticket took over 2 days to get an initial response with a canned reply that had nothing to do with my request.
    A quest was bugged, they sorted it on my character pretty quickly. Are you on the EU or American servers? I'm on the EU ones, and I believe they have different GM teams, an American one and a European one.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    I am more pissed at the blue poster's attitude than the fact you will grow beard waiting for a ticket response.

last time I opened a ticket was answered in less than 5 minutes. And Blizzard locked the thread because the poster was lying, and never submited the ticket.